Thread: Weird Problem with ladder ranking going from 5 to 6 | Forums

Weird Problem with ladder ranking going from 5 to 6

Hi,

I had a weird one recently - as I approached 99% on echelon 5, I must have beat a really high placed player as I jumped up around 150 global places.

However, since then, my %age is at zero and I'm still showing as a 5 and I haven't had a single ladder jump since (been about 2 weeks) despite beating level 6's and 7's and coming first multiple times.

Oddly, I can still jump places by completing new tracks on the solo campaign (currently on 98).

I know it gets harder to get places as you move up - but to not jump one place in 2 weeks doesn't seem right.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,
    If you restart your game within tonight or tomorrow at the latest, you should see your ranking as it should be.
    Please tell us if it's fixed tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by AlinoA_ View Post
    Hi,
    If you restart your game within tonight or tomorrow at the latest, you should see your ranking as it should be.
    Please tell us if it's fixed tomorrow.
    Hi - no change.

I've read that this is normal and it just needs more people to reach Level 6 - is that right? There are already level 6's out there so not sure how that works - does anyone know?

Do I have to wait for a level 6 to drop down (by not playing?)?

I've never really understood the exact workings of the ladder system - I get that you go up by beating people above you, but what happens if you get really high up then dont play? No-one can beat you. Does that mean that the people in the top 500 or so just move between themselves and those below have to wait for an invite to the party?

Any detail around this (even if its speculation!) would be appreciated

Thanks