Sooooooooooo couple months later and it's still gone...

I also have this problem after buying a new motherboard and chassis to my computer. Ive never had any problems before but now, whatever I do, siege wont recognice that I have a mic in.
     1 people found this helpful

Is this seriously still not solved? I love watching Ubisoft respond with these garbage copy and pastes instead of acknowledging this problem. I CAN NO LONGER COMMUNICATE WITH MY VOICE, UBISOFT. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? (I've done everything besides uninstall the OS and game)
     1 people found this helpful

Uplay is amazing...Just kidding!

Originally Posted by Nicky_Flippers Go to original post
    Is this seriously still not solved? I love watching Ubisoft respond with these garbage copy and pastes instead of acknowledging this problem. I CAN NO LONGER COMMUNICATE WITH MY VOICE, UBISOFT. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? (I've done everything besides uninstall the OS and game)
    Ubisoft is run by a bunch of clueless imbeciles, They just decided to basically get rid of the most important part of this game (Communication). Said "Will be back soon" 3 months later, where it at tho? Thanks for ruining this game for me Ubisoft, Won't be on my hard drive much longer

Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay Go to original post
    Hello,

The Voice Chat features of Uplay PC have been temporarily removed, this should not however have any effect on the voice chat in Rainbow Six Siege, they are two different systems.
    "Temporarily" It's been three whole ****ing months, I can't hear anyone over VC in R6 and they can't hear me because we're so quiet and all of our mics are turned up to max volume.Oh how typical of you Ubisoft.

Worked for me

so I fixed it for me maybe it will work for you as well. In the audio manager disable any other mic you have plugged in that isn't the one you want to use.

Then in game set your mic to disable, apply. Set back to push to talk or open and make sure they can hear you. Also you might have to change your record volume.
    Hope this helps!

If the pictures/link doesn't show up right click the jpeg icon and open link in new tab

Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay Go to original post
    Hello,

Thanks for bringing this up.

Is the device you are intending to use set as the "Default Communication Device" in Windows?

1.) Right click volume icon in the System Tray.
    2.) Recording Devices
    3.) Right Click your correct device
    4.) "Set as Default Communication Device"

Have you also tried disabling your in-built audio device from this menu? (Right click > Disable) Or from the Device Manager?

Thanks.
    The problem with this is that, i have a capture card, the capture card comes with a mixer. the game uses the MIXER by default and therefor broadcasts my audio (everything i can hear, game, discord etc etc.) instead of broadcasting my microphone.

if i change my default audio capture device to my mic in windows, there is no sound sent to the capture card which is a no go when streaming.

to sum it up, a needed feature and stupid to remove.

Hadji-'s Avatar Junior Member
    Seriously... BRING IT BACK

Ubi-gabelikes's Avatar Community Developer
    I'll copy paste a response I made to another thread so the information is in both places.

Originally Posted by XDegg Go to original post
    its now august 16:th and its still not the near future holy **** you guys think long term. so in about a year i will play siege again when you sort your **** out.
    Saying "near future" was a poor choice of wording and I apologize that the wrong expectation was set. We weren't happy with how voip was functioning, which is why it was removed. Now we are making sure that VOIP is in a spot we want it to be before releasing it.

The Uplay VOIP settings don't effect VOIP in R6 Siege. So removing the VOIP from Uplay made it so you can't talk through the client, but will not have impacted your ability to use the R6 Siege VOIP. If you aren't able to use it, unfortunately that's not something we can assist you with and I recommend you get in contact with the game team.

/gabelikes