Thread: How I Solved My Freeze/Pauses every 5 mins | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    This is what i did to get my Raven Shield to stop freezing every 5 mins.

Win 98
    ======

Start Button --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Network
    on configuration tab selected TCP/IP for my network card and then clicked the PROPERTIES button. In the next window i selected the IP ADDRESS tab and selected the SPECIFY AN IP ADDRESS option button then I Pressed [Windows Key] + [R] to get run open and typed "winipcfg" without quotes then clicked ok. I selected my network card from the dropdown and entered the IP address from here into the IP address of the TCP/IP properties window and also the same for the subnet mask. Clicked ok back on the TCP/IP properties tab and then restarted my confuser and NO MORE FREEZING

Hope this helps some people
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    This is what i did to get my Raven Shield to stop freezing every 5 mins.

Win 98
    ======

Start Button --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Network
    on configuration tab selected TCP/IP for my network card and then clicked the PROPERTIES button. In the next window i selected the IP ADDRESS tab and selected the SPECIFY AN IP ADDRESS option button then I Pressed [Windows Key] + [R] to get run open and typed "winipcfg" without quotes then clicked ok. I selected my network card from the dropdown and entered the IP address from here into the IP address of the TCP/IP properties window and also the same for the subnet mask. Clicked ok back on the TCP/IP properties tab and then restarted my confuser and NO MORE FREEZING

Hope this helps some people

XyZspineZyX
    Your ISP, especially if it's broadband, would probably rather you not statically assign your IP address in this manner. Some ISPs state that this is against the Acceptable Use Policy that you agreed to when you activated your Internet service.

If you do this, make sure you undo it if you have to call them for help.

XyZspineZyX
    Thanks insignifikent2 i will bear this in mind for when and if my telephone exchange is ever upgraded so that i can have broadband you never know. i`m still stuck with 56k

XyZspineZyX
    thought i was alone with this freeze/5 min.. even on a created LAN-game, without being connected to internet..
    got win98 too, i'll try it rihgt away, post back soon
    tnx in advance

XyZspineZyX
    Metricator, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I was getting the exact same problem and I tried your solution and it appears to have worked!!!!!! THANKS MAN!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
    GOOBOID, glad it helped.