Thread: Last stand full of one-shot seeker mines. | Forums

Off topic but I really don't want to open a thread for this Q.
    Does anyone find the influx of NPCs on some LS maps a bit overkill and annoying? It doesn't help that they're red like the opposition and when in a fast paced gun fight they distract.

Swfc4eva1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mcskippy82 Go to original post
    Off topic but I really don't want to open a thread for this Q.
    Does anyone find the influx of NPCs on some LS maps a bit overkill and annoying? It doesn't help that they're red like the opposition and when in a fast paced gun fight they distract.
    I find this annoying when someone has pulsed as I'm expecting a player but to my disappointment it's a npc.

so much AI driven **** flying around Last Stand it may aswell just be PVE.

For me the issue isnt how much damage they do. Its how much damage they do over a wide area that takes literally ZERO skill from the player throwing them. Ive played many many rounds with them myself as tbh they were quite fun to begin with. Now 4 of the 8 people are running them its become a bit of a bore as people just dont even have chance to react to them all. And with large heals and triage the little balls of doom are back way to quickly.

All you see is groups running around healing one another for seeker spam. People give it the big un about build diversity but lets be honest, when half the groups seekers it kinda throws that clap trap straight out of the window.

https://youtu.be/CXPyDUrIZ0Y

my gameplay video of seeker mine build, IMO not to OP, there is alot of counter for seeker mine,

I don't realy see much seekers this days when i try last stand thou maybe they are more on consol coz kinda hard to aim there atleast for me coz i tried with my xbox controler
    There is usualy one or two in a game. Witch is not that bad.

Pretty sure it's been said somewhere, but Seekers can be annoying yes, but really they are fairly easy to beat. Get some EDR, you don't even need a lot. Throw out a turret, they target tech before they target you, then if that fails just shoot the darn things, they are extremely easy to spot. Dodge roll, most are using the airburst ones, and it takes a second before the airburst goes off. The Seekers are no more annoying than the two shot dead-eye builds, at least you can see the seekers.

If you die to them, pay attention to who killed you, then just target them, they are squishy. Use an EMP nade, or if you are running the Bliss holster load up your pistol to EMP and save it for the dude killing you with the Seekers. They can't throw them if they are under EMP effect.

As much as seekers are annoying at least you can see them.

Originally Posted by komplikCZ Go to original post
    Sorry but seekers are nerfed to ground. Sure if you are pure electronics still do significant damage especially into glass players without any EDR which do not counter that mines, but less than before and not often, as cooldowns are far away from 5 second. I stop play my skill build in 1.6 as not viable for solo play

From my experience I usually do not worry about any seekers as they do mostly cosmetic damage to me
    Cosmetic damage? Well, maybe little bit more than cosmetic. But of course we can shoot them and they are not a problem. I mean, we could shoot them if we fight like on that trailer from 2013 Slow, tactically etc. But mostly we fight (especially LMS, DZ) little bit different. So, 5,6,8 or more players close to each other and then... seekers. There is little chance to avoid them. One "shoot" you are almost dead. But anyway, I don't speak nerf, nerf. I can live with it, at least now. But I can say these seekers, turrets should be only crowd control elements not killing machines. Basically: aim, shoot, roll, cover, reload. I have to do something to "kill" another player. Push one button without aiming - it's just weak. I don't enjoy it. But if someone else is happy because he can kill somebody without fight - OK for me.

Originally Posted by MadFingerer Go to original post
    Skill builds have the most sustainability in the game.
    Not if you know how to kill them or aim at them.

Originally Posted by Dyslexic-Snail Go to original post
    Not if you know how to kill them or aim at them.
    Your statement doesn't support anything against my post that was in reference to your prior remark of, "Skill builds are weak," and talked about how you would die in PvP if you used one because you get sniped by npcs.

Page 5 of 5 ◄◄  First ... 345