Thread: Uplay PC Client – February 28 Update | Forums

Uplay PC Community Team Ubi-Johan's Avatar

Uplay PC Client – February 28 Update

Hello Folks,

Today we released a patch for the Uplay PC Client including a new chat window that makes it easier for the user to keep several chats open at the same time. You can find this new feature in the clients navigation bar.

Changes in this release:
    • A new Chat button can be found next to the Friends button in the top right of the client. This will give you quick and easy access to all of your conversations in one window
    • We’ve made some changes to the way games are pre-loaded. In some cases this will help minimize the size of any additional data needed once the game becomes playable
    • Using the “Go Online” option will now override “Always launch in Offline mode” causing the client to run in online mode the next time it is launched

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed Actions and Rewards not loading for games that are not yet playable
    • Fixed certain instances in which the “Remember Me” function was not working correctly and displayed a false error message about incorrect log in details
    • Fixed the activation window not disappearing after clicking “Ok” when activating a free game/demo/beta from an external link

Additional Notes:
    • For users that are missing VoIP chat please be aware that it will be returning in the near future

We hope that you like the new patch and we welcome any feedback that you might have!

You can give us feedback directly on the official Uplay feedback forums.

- The Uplay team

Hi there Ubi-Johan, good update.
    Is Uplay going to have new features added such as in game web browser, screenshot sharing, time tracking for all games, in client profile, etc, in future update (maybe near future)?

Hello,

when will it be turned on again? Actually it fkd up my recording settings in Rainbow. Alternatively, where can I adjust the settings manually?
    (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-chat-settings)

Greetings
    Last edited by Ortografy; 03-16-2017 at 08:44 AM. Reason: typo

Uplay PC Community Team Ubi-Johan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortografy View Post
    Hello,

when will it be turned on again? Actually it fkd up my recording settings in Rainbow. Alternatively, where can I adjust the settings manually?
    (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-chat-settings)

Greetings
    Hello,

We have no current information of when this feature will be reintroduced in our client.

However, we released a update today that might have addressed the issue you have been experiencing. Make sure that the correct recording device is selected in Windows, and try again after having updated the Uplay client

Let me know if it still doesn't work!

/ Johan

Hello Johan,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the record settings still reset.
    Recording device is selected correctly, the mic works in all other applications I use (Discord, Curse, TS)

Ortografy