eric.pope's Avatar Community Developer

[SEAMLESS MAINTENANCE] All Platforms: Separating Elimination and Skirmish

Today (February 27) at 3:00PM EST (20:00 UTC) we will split the "Deathmatch" Front into 2 separate game modes: Elimination and Skirmish. This is in response to Community Feedback about the Orders that can be completed only in Elimination and Skirmish and not both of them as the same time. This is also to mitigate the fact that the map voting system doesn't sufficiently highlight which mode you'll be playing with the map selected.

We can do this update because our current concurrent number of players is high enough, but this doesn't mean we'll be able keep it set this way forever. However we'll work on improving the two points raised above in the meantime.

To recap, these two modes will no longer be intertwined in a single playlist, both will now be individually accessible from the Deathmatch Front, and you can toggle between them with the shoulder buttons.

Thanks for the continued feedback on every aspect of For Honor!

"We can do this update because our current concurrent number of players is high enough, but this doesn't mean we'll be able keep it set this way forever."

Why not?

Right now there might be 120,000 players playing in both Skirmish and Elimination, but when 30,000 are playing in both you're in a world of hurt with regards to finding a match. Basically, if the numbers drops they're going to merge them again.

Originally Posted by AstroFlyer686k Go to original post
    "We can do this update because our current concurrent number of players is high enough, but this doesn't mean we'll be able keep it set this way forever."

Why not?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by AstroFlyer686k Go to original post
    Why not?
    I would think it's for faster matchmaking. Right now there are enough players to fill both game types, but if the player base shrinks, you could be stuck waiting a long time to find a skirmish because everyone is playing elimination.

Qutipz's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Kelbi_Hunter Go to original post
    I would think it's for faster matchmaking. Right now there are enough players to fill both game types, but if the player base shrinks, you could be stuck waiting a long time to find a skirmish because everyone is playing elimination.
    Well should people be "forced" to play a gamemode they dont wanna play ? instead of forcing people to play skrimish, they should maybe look into why not that many people WANT to play it ?

Originally Posted by Qutipz Go to original post
    Well should people be "forced" to play a gamemode they dont wanna play ? instead of forcing people to play skrimish, they should maybe look into why not that many people WANT to play it ?
    This is great news. I just noticed this in game and made a post about it before. THANKS!!!

Move after move, you worked on connection issues, put out the patch notes, gave us three days of champ status, and split skirmish and elimination. Bravo guys, I am really feeling a lot of good feedback and care from the devs today. I admit my patience was wearing a little thin, but lets be honest this game breeds frustration like few others. Thank you so much for all the hard work, I know I have a renewed sense of faith and optimism going forward. I really appreciate the reciprocity, like truly. I wasn't going anywhere anyway, I'm way too addicted, but all of these changes show a commitment to improving the experience moving forward.
    I also appreciate that every move appears to be well thought out and cautious, it's not pandering to the squeaky wheels, but smart, safe adjustments.
    Word to you all!
     2 people found this helpful

Out of curiosity, WHEN is this update coming? because its 5:45pm EST as of me typing this message, and you stated it would be for all platforms at 3pm EST, I am currently on ps4 (just got on a minute ago) and checked the deathmatch and its still the same, it hasn't been split at all?
    Can you update us as to what is going on?

(Edit: Scratch that, the change is there, its just the world map is super glitched at the moment to where whenever I start the game, it tells me the world map is unavailable at this time, and doesn't fix itself until after I complete a game, so after I completed a game NOW the fix is there, I really hope the map can be fixed soon.)

Everything for this seems to being working except I queued for an elimination match and got a skirmish,.

Only bug I've seen with it so far.

Nice fix, except for on small detail. It didn't work... Ubi @ it's finest..