Thread: Waaaah, ultimate lag on a computer which should support the game! | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hurk is back! | Far Cry 4 [UK]

I got 63.2 GB free memory of 114 GB

2.4 GHZ, Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X, 512 MB RAM, 266Mhz DDR

I have to play at 800x600 at low to make it able to play. Shouldnt need to as the system specs is far over the recommended! Crytek or Ubi! Please fix this, as this seems to be a very common problem!

Conflict in interest? No... I got interest in conflict.

SCPT: Tesla7zap
    XFire: Tesla7zap

The dude formally known as Dashzap

[This message was edited by Tesla7zap_ on Wed July 14 2004 at 05:33 AM.]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I got 63.2 GB free memory of 114 GB

2.4 GHZ, Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X, 512 MB RAM, 266Mhz DDR

I have to play at 800x600 at low to make it able to play. Shouldnt need to as the system specs is far over the recommended! Crytek or Ubi! Please fix this, as this seems to be a very common problem!

[This message was edited by Tesla7zap_ on Wed July 14 2004 at 05:33 AM.]

i have the same problem
    i got a p4 3.2ghz, gig of ram, 180gigs of hd space, and GeFroce FX 5500 (256mb)
    and i have to but it all on low for indoors!
    outside i crank it all (but the textures) upto high and i get about 30fps... if i do that indoors i get about 6fps.. or less if they'res enemies.. O_o
    i always set the water to "ultra high" tho cos it never seems to dent the performance.
    which is strange.. i need the 5950... but â£300... ouch... i get the same problem on halo too... evil

@ Tesla:

your system should support Far Cry - but your graphics card will NOT!! in no way will you be able to play with that card!!!! sorry
    search around to find the best card that you can buy, i recommend the 9800 pro, or fx5900

which leads me onto cale_afterearth:

im not totally sure, but i think the fx5200 through to fx5600 ish are jsut plain bad at some aspects of far cry rendering, ie DX9
    if you do wish to upgrade, which i hope you do, i would suggest that you buy the 9800 pro, or the fx5900
    i bought the fx5900 for â£150 in my local PCworld, it is an abit otes fx5900, so it comes with a load of cooling. a huge heatsink , and then a fan on top.
    (and some cool LED's )

anyways, that card is very easy to flash to a fx5950 Ultra - which is like an extra â£100!!!
    i can verify that it really isnt hard to flash, and yes, i have seen results in both benchmarking and in far cry itself

i do have to underclock the memory slightly, as i think the ultra uses slightly better memory (still an overclock from the fx5900 speeds ofc), but the core clock is reaching 500mhz - very nice

you could, ofc, go with the x800's or 6800's up to you

(btw, the 128meg fx5900 IS flashable to the fx5950 ultra, which has 256 meg. actually, ive heard that the 256 meg fx5900 performs WORSE! than its smaller 128meg brother. both cards are 256-bit ofc)

i have a feeling that card wont fit in my pc :P
    its very compact... had trouble sqeezing in my SB audigy... had to rearrange everything... lol
    i may upgrade, may not... already completed far cry, just want it ready for hl2 when it finally comes out..

actually, looking it at... it wont fit... i dont have a spare slot... evil! might take this PC back.. only 2 weeks old

I disagree about the card not being able to play the game. I ran with an Athlon 64 3200+ and a TI 4400 (ever so slightly better than the 4200) and it played very well. You just have to drop some of the settings to low (particularly the lighting/shadow effects).

cale_afterearth,

Just lower your lighting and shadow effects, the rest shouldn't have to be put on low to resolve your indoor problems. Many people with the Nvidia FX cards have to do the same.

i messed around with the computer and now i can play at medium with water in ultra high, anti aliasing and anistropic filtering off

i messed with my pc too (formatted it) and it was running fine with most on high except textures was on medium..
    not entirely sure why, cos my PC's back the same as it was before i formatted it :P

strange...
    anyway... next.. to get halo to acheive some sort of frame rate...:P