Thread: Hosting Problems | Forums

Help anybody! This is my first post on this forum ,but have readit regular for about a year.Very informative, knowledgeable people here, atop of line flight sim thats for sure, great fun. Ive had IL2FB since its release and always played offline. Usually Im pretty good at figuring things out by reading the forums here. 2 Questions here on hosting online,
    1) Ive properly upgraded IL2fb to 1.22, and all the required (1.22) dedicated server patches, corrected router/nortons firewall port settings.I set up the dedicated server to run correct on UBI hosting the first original dogfight map and works wonderful,but when changing to a diferent map with regard to instructions, in the dos console shows some parts of mission loading but errors loading map.

In server cmd example original mission LOAD net/dogfight/ 3/1_Islands.mis BEGIN f gc.cmd

new dogfight miss mission LOAD net/dogfight/ 3/2_Destroyers.mis BEGIN f gc.cmd
    will not load properly what am I doing wrong.Oh and I know you have to copy the correct missions and properties file into the Dedicated Server\missions\net\dogfight folder.

If I could get this figured out I could start hosting,also working on settig up FBDaemon server.

2)Because unfortunatly we cant fly coop missions on Dedicated Server, (sorry if I sound stupid)could someone explain how they host coop missions on UBI or HL. Again I can join coop or dogfight sessions no problem, but when I try to host a coop such as in UBI, create a room, start game,game starts, setup coop, pick plane,brief, hit (fly) wait for player, he's lost connection.
    Am I suppost to always be on LAN setting or ADSL. My IP number is always the same, do I set it in CON.ini IL2fb folder in local IP. Also if I want to play a coop mission with a friend hosting through a LAN connection I put his IP in then join with no success, even an IP search no result (blank).Is there a way I can setup to make this work. Again, thanks in advance and my appologies for being dunce.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Help anybody! This is my first post on this forum ,but have readit regular for about a year.Very informative, knowledgeable people here, atop of line flight sim thats for sure, great fun. Ive had IL2FB since its release and always played offline. Usually Im pretty good at figuring things out by reading the forums here. 2 Questions here on hosting online,
    1) Ive properly upgraded IL2fb to 1.22, and all the required (1.22) dedicated server patches, corrected router/nortons firewall port settings.I set up the dedicated server to run correct on UBI hosting the first original dogfight map and works wonderful,but when changing to a diferent map with regard to instructions, in the dos console shows some parts of mission loading but errors loading map.

In server cmd example original mission LOAD net/dogfight/ 3/1_Islands.mis BEGIN f gc.cmd

new dogfight miss mission LOAD net/dogfight/ 3/2_Destroyers.mis BEGIN f gc.cmd
    will not load properly what am I doing wrong.Oh and I know you have to copy the correct missions and properties file into the Dedicated Server\missions\net\dogfight folder.

If I could get this figured out I could start hosting,also working on settig up FBDaemon server.

2)Because unfortunatly we cant fly coop missions on Dedicated Server, (sorry if I sound stupid)could someone explain how they host coop missions on UBI or HL. Again I can join coop or dogfight sessions no problem, but when I try to host a coop such as in UBI, create a room, start game,game starts, setup coop, pick plane,brief, hit (fly) wait for player, he's lost connection.
    Am I suppost to always be on LAN setting or ADSL. My IP number is always the same, do I set it in CON.ini IL2fb folder in local IP. Also if I want to play a coop mission with a friend hosting through a LAN connection I put his IP in then join with no success, even an IP search no result (blank).Is there a way I can setup to make this work. Again, thanks in advance and my appologies for being dunce.

I couldn't tell you the first thing about the dedicated patch, but you can host coops on HyperLobby. Just choose a coop slot that's empty and go click the top slot, when the people join that you want, hit start and the rest is self explained. Remember to confinger your hardware firewall or router to port 21000

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

Solutions for internet security & spyware problems... http://www.geocities.com/callingelvis911/s_s.html

Luckyboy = Senior hydraulic landing gear designer for the P-11 & Contributing Editor to Complete Users magazine.

Hey thanks a bunch Lucky I did what you said and it connected like a charm.I managed to re-forward all my ports needed for HL ,reread my ded. server info figured out my error which was improper spacing of mission text into server cmd.Anyway now I can host DFs an COOPs thanks bud for your reply CHEERS!

I have no idea how I helped, but I'm glad to hear that you're up and running! I was mostly just trying to bump up your post so like, smart people (like you for instance because you obviously fingered this out) could reply.

You probably already do this, but it's a good idea to read this forum on a regular basis even when you don't have a specific issue. Sometimes, we are not even aware of this issue or that and they may be affecting us without even realizing it!

Solutions for internet security & spyware problems... http://www.geocities.com/callingelvis911/s_s.html

Luckyboy = Senior hydraulic landing gear designer for the P-11 & Contributing Editor to Complete Users magazine.

Your right lots to read here with alot of knowhow posts. Happy Flyin!!