Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't get "X" to do "Y" (FAQ how to) | Forums

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skoshi Tiger:
    Hi ya!

I think I'm missing something really basic here, but I can't see any of the objects or waypoints that I place on the map.

I can use Control-leftclick to place the objects and set the waypoints, but they don't show up!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can filter out objects from being displayed so that you can keep track when your map gets cluttered up with hundreds of little icons.

Maybe you've accidentally enabled filtering of the objects you're trying to view?

Sorry for the poor description - I don't have FB installed - I'm trying to describe what I mean from memory

Hopefully you'll see what I mean when you next open FMB

Maybe this thread should be put back up as a sticky. Looks like it still fills a need. I couldn't understand why CrazyIvan felt the need to trim the Mission Builder Forum when it works as well as it does compared to the others. The General Discussion still has eleven stickies and frankly, I don't care what anyone looks like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by |CoB|_Spectre:
    Maybe this thread should be put back up as a sticky. Looks like it still fills a need. I couldn't understand why CrazyIvan felt the need to trim the Mission Builder Forum when it works as well as it does compared to the others. The General Discussion still has eleven stickies and frankly, I don't care what anyone looks like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This thread appear as a link in the first sticky, so it's not that bad Still for newcomers it would be more visible as an individual sticky.

I checked out the option and I'm not filtering the aircraft or ships, but thanks for the suggestion.

It's really anoying , because I can actually run the mission and the objects are there.

I did have it working (and made a very basic mission) when I had PF installed as stand alone, then I uninstalled everything and installed forgotten battles gold and PF and came across the problem.

Thanks again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Extreme_One:
    Maybe you've accidentally enabled filtering of the objects you're trying to view?

Sorry for the poor description - I don't have FB installed - I'm trying to describe what I mean from memory

Hopefully you'll see what I mean when you next open FMB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_red">BUMP!</span> to the top where it should be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH- Beebop:
    <span class="ev_code_red">BUMP!</span> to the top where it should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha, you found the solution, I bump for today

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skoshi Tiger:

I did have it working (and made a very basic mission) when I had PF installed as stand alone, then I uninstalled everything and installed forgotten battles gold and PF and came across the problem.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It might be possible there's some wrong patching, so trying to uninstall the game and reinstall back paying atention to the correct patch order might cure it. Sorry, no smarter advice.
    Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GreyBeast:
    Here's a good tip most of you might not know.

I always suspected that, when deleting objects in the FMB, once you delete an object the game marks the next object in the list within the mission file. In other words, if you happen to delete object number 999, I thought the next object to be automatically selected would be number 1000 in its corresponding section in the mission file.

It turns out the mission builder jumps to the object closest to the mouse cursor at the moment you decide to delete a selected object.

So, here's the tip:

When having to delete numerous objects placed around other ones you want to keep,

1. Mark an object to delete
    2. BEFORE pressing 'Delete' place the cursor close to the NEXT object you want deleted
    3. Press 'Delete' and the next object to be marked/selected will be the one chosen in 2.
    4. Etc. etc.

Haven't seen this anywhere, so I thought I'd post it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you.

GreyBeast;

Great tip! Thanks. I've been using for a while and it really, really helps.

<span class="ev_code_red">~S!~</span>

Plus, this reply bumps the thread back up to the top where, IMHO, it belongs.

Keep bumping 'til it sticks back where it belongs.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast