Thread: 2 Problems | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

I 2 Problems

1. When i make for exemple a new layer and edit the surface and when i choose a Material i can only select between a few. In the Maps made by Cry tek i can choose mat_grass etc. but i don't have them. Why ??

2. Everytime i load my made map the textures disapear ..... all except the First layer, the grass layer mostly. The other ones are there but i have to use the Manual Texture tool called something like layer painter and brush over the textures and they will come.

Any idee ??? PLEASE

And how do i change how heavy the Enemys are ? For exemple i want a merc to fly super high when dropping granades at them =D
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I 2 Problems

1. When i make for exemple a new layer and edit the surface and when i choose a Material i can only select between a few. In the Maps made by Cry tek i can choose mat_grass etc. but i don't have them. Why ??

2. Everytime i load my made map the textures disapear ..... all except the First layer, the grass layer mostly. The other ones are there but i have to use the Manual Texture tool called something like layer painter and brush over the textures and they will come.

Any idee ??? PLEASE

And how do i change how heavy the Enemys are ? For exemple i want a merc to fly super high when dropping granades at them =D

1. The only way to get new mat_ types into the editor currently, is to open objects that have those particular materials. For example, if you open the wooden bridge object, you will get wood materials made available to you in the list. I'm sorry, but that is the only work-around I have for that at the moment.

2. Try exporting your level, before you try running it in the game.

aka Tim Partlett
    aka Tim Partlett

I was walking through the walkthrough and was quite confused that mat_sand wasn't available in the list for the sand mask created. I clicked on the import button and searched my drive but was unable to locate any surface type files.

Using this method to gather materials, is it possible to export the list as a *.stf file and import it into a new map?

This seems to be a cumbersome workflow issue here. Now the artist is wasting time looking for a surface property instead of content creation.

Yes, unfortunately I had mat_sand available when I was writing that walkthrough, but it didn't become apparent that there was a problem until there was a clean install from the disk to show it. I will update the manual accordingly, and advise the programmers of the problem.

aka Tim Partlett
    aka Tim Partlett

Ok thanx and antistar ... great work with the Manual =)

Thanks, ripper, it is appreciated .

aka Tim Partlett
    aka Tim Partlett