Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection problems...FrUsTrAtEd | Forums

First off the reason i got this game was for the multiplayer but i am having difficulties playing. I am able to connect and play about 3-5 rounds in a server but after that everyone in the game walks in place and i can fire my gun as much as i want and not lose ammo and i cannot do any action. so when that happens i disconnect from the server but also now says that i logged off of ubi.com. So my problem is i can play only 3-5 rounds till i have to restart my computer and relog back on to play again for only 3-5 rounds. why does this happen and why in the middle of a game do i log off of UBI.com. My internet connection is DSL. My dsl modem plugs directly into my computer and into the phone jack. please help because i really want to play this game online before i get so frustrated and take it back. ps i can play other online games like unreal 2004 withh NO problem . I need a solution!

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7021
    BIOS: Version 07.00T
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    Graphics Card: GeForce 5900 XT 128mb
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

First off the reason i got this game was for the multiplayer but i am having difficulties playing. I am able to connect and play about 3-5 rounds in a server but after that everyone in the game walks in place and i can fire my gun as much as i want and not lose ammo and i cannot do any action. so when that happens i disconnect from the server but also now says that i logged off of ubi.com. So my problem is i can play only 3-5 rounds till i have to restart my computer and relog back on to play again for only 3-5 rounds. why does this happen and why in the middle of a game do i log off of UBI.com. My internet connection is DSL. My dsl modem plugs directly into my computer and into the phone jack. please help because i really want to play this game online before i get so frustrated and take it back. ps i can play other online games like unreal 2004 withh NO problem . I need a solution!

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7021
    BIOS: Version 07.00T
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    Graphics Card: GeForce 5900 XT 128mb

Do you use a firewall? If so which one, xp built-in or other?

Have you tried using the ingame browser instead of the ubi.com game application?

<center>
    <font size="2" font color=red>
    Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Forum Moderator</font>

</a>
    <font size="1" font color=white>Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me.
    Isaiah 6:8 </font>

</center>
    <center>
    <font size="1" font color=white>
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC & Rainbow Six Forum Moderator</font>

</A>[b]
    <font size="1" font color=white>Also I heard the voice of the Lord s

I have tried using the ingame browser and the ubi game application. i have no idea if i have a firewall on or not. Im not sure if i have a firewall on. this is only like my 1st week using xp..so any help would be appreciated.

Just go to start and help.
    When it opens do a seach for firewall.
    All configurations are a little different but the instructions that pop-up are pretty easy to follow, just to much to type here.
    I wouldn't think it would be a firewall thing but you never know. The game is getting disconnected from the internet somehow. Could be a phone call comming in or your IPS. I know others with DLS get very laggy when a call comes in.
    Have you set the game correctly in options to DSL?

No firewall is on and yes i have the option in the game set to dsl. i have no problem with other online games i can play unreal 2004 perfectly. this is pissing me off because i only can play like 5 rounds before i get disconnected

Sorry to hear it. This isn't one we hear about.
    I assume your not running anything in the background. Have you tried running spybot and adaware 6.0? You might have spyware that is trying to access the internet and faulting your connection. Other than that I'm out of ideas. Try re-installing the game I guess.

Is this on ANY server or on a favorite that you use all of the time?
    What kind of ping do you get?

i can play 3-5 rounds on any server then i get disconnected.

Are you getting really high pings? 200-300 or what.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast