+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Closed Beta Coming January 26 – 29 | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyWarlock View Post
    What will the size of the Download be? Is there a ballpark figure? Maybe somewhere around the lines of 10gigs to 15gigs? That's shooting high for a Beta I feel.
    I'll add that on the list. I don't have the details yet but hopefully closer to the event i'll be able to get that number for you.
     1 people found this helpful

Quote Originally Posted by FredEx919 View Post
    Tweet is correct, there is no need to sign up a second time. Basically when you sign up for an event the first time, it signs you up for a chance to join in future events as well. This is speaking specifically in terms of signing up. So it doesn't mean guaranteed access. If you were to return to the website and click the sign up button, it'll tell you that you're already signed up. As I mentioned above though, I wouldn't worry much. We do pull from previous events and this will be a bigger event. Hope that answers your question.

so you're saying that the players who played the Alpha are already in the beta right? or they have a bigger chance to get the beta invitation?

Quote Originally Posted by SOLID-FAISAL View Post
    so you're saying that the players who played the Alpha are already in the beta right? or they have a bigger chance to get the beta invitation?
    They're saying that the total number of invites sent out will be higher, so you have a better chance of getting in. Participation in prior alphas and pre-ordering have no impact on the selection.

I don´t know if I can play at this beta. Maybe I have to work. Is there another event before Release? I have to test this game before I buying it because i don´t know if my PC is strong enough.

Fred said earlier in this thread-- " Basically when you sign up for an event the first time, it signs you up for a chance to join in future events as well. This is speaking specifically in terms of signing up. So it doesn't mean guaranteed access. If you were to return to the website and click the sign up button, it'll tell you that you're already signed up. As I mentioned above though, I wouldn't worry much. We do pull from previous events and this will be a bigger event. Hope that answers your question."

While being a CA player doesn't guarantee access, he does state that they pull from previous events. Bit of a toss up really, but I would venture to reckon that the admittance rate of the upcoming beta will be large enough to stress the servers prior to launch in the event that should problems arise they have a small window of time to address them.

How will players be selected to participate in the Beta Test?
    Will Ubisoft be using the "First Come First Served" selection as they did for the Alpha or will players that recently Signed Up for the Beta Test have the same chance to get in as players that signed up since the E3 announcement?

The latter would seem unfair to me considering the early enlisted players generate buzz and help promote the game on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by neogeo___ View Post
    How will players be selected to participate in the Beta Test?
    Will Ubisoft be using the "First Come First Served" selection as they did for the Alpha or will players that recently Signed Up for the Beta Test have the same chance to get in as players that signed up since the E3 announcement?

The latter would seem unfair to me considering the early enlisted players generate buzz and help promote the game on social media.
    And what about me and other players, who signed up for beta test a few months ago? Why the players from closed alpha test should always play and try the game? How about others who want to play and buy the game? I want to play and try the game before buying it, because the priсe of it isn't cheep for me in my region.

Quote Originally Posted by UZB-Steps View Post
    And what about me and other players, who signed up for beta test a few months ago? Why the players from closed alpha test should always play and try the game? How about others who want to play and buy the game? I want to play and try the game before buying it, because the priсe of it isn't cheep for me in my region.
    Did I say you shouldn't get in at all?! Geez. Are you looking for an argument or actually trying to reasonably discuss what I posted?

I'd give you plenty of reasons to why early enlisters should be considered first. They are obviously more interested in the game and are willing to spend money and buy the game. They have been helping by promoting the game generating hype around it and creating footage that attracts others towards the game, taking part of tests and spending time reporting bugs and other issues as well as writing reviews and submitting suggestions. They shared keys with other potencial customers. They follow Ubisoft on social media and share and promote their events generating hype and notoriety so other players can join in.

If we are talking about what's fair, honestly selecting players by the "First come first served" rule is the fairest way to go. Doesn't seem fair that someone that just heard about the test and signed up gets in the test when someone that signed up 8 months is left out.

Quote Originally Posted by neogeo___ View Post
    Did I say you shouldn't get in at all?! Geez. Are you looking for an argument or actually trying to reasonably discuss what I posted?

I'd give you plenty of reasons to why early enlisters should be considered first. They are obviously more interested in the game and are willing to spend money and buy the game. They have been helping by promoting the game generating hype around it and creating footage that attracts others towards the game, taking part of tests and spending time reporting bugs and other issues as well as writing reviews and submitting suggestions. They shared keys with other potencial customers. They follow Ubisoft on social media and share and promote their events generating hype and notoriety so other players can join in.

If we are talking about what's fair, honestly selecting players by the "First come first served" rule is the fairest way to go. Doesn't seem fair that someone that just heard about the test and signed up gets in the test when someone that signed up 8 months is left out.
    1) People who really want to buy the game they will do it with or without playing on closed alpha/beta tests.
    2) "First come first served" - isn't good. What if the amount of players who signed up 8-5 months ago is enough for closed beta test? If so, there's no reason to continue the registration for closed beta test and it must be closed? I think, random selection is more fair. I agree with "Doesn't seem fair that someone that just heard about the test and signed up gets in the test", but random is random.
    3) We talk so much about methods of selection, but will be the players selection for closed beta test worldwide? That is the question of fair.

Some mails have been sent already?

Hi Ubi,

I read in one of the threads in the forum that some people received an e-mail announcing the date of the closed beta.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...x-enter-please

Although I understand that this mail doesn't mean that they have been selected for the beta I would like to know if there are any reason why this mail was not sent to everyone?
    I did double check my e-mail address and I have been keeping a close eye on my inbox and junk mail to make sure I don't miss any e-mail from you guys and i don't wan't to miss an opportunity if i get the invite for the beta.

Your answer will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Ibrahim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast