Using downloaded saves

Hi,
    Willing after many years to play Uru Ages beyond Myst again, I rapidly found myself unable to locate the 4 clothes in the crevice. As a last resort I downloaded many saves but I don't know in which programme installation directory I should paste them.

Any helping hand will be most welcome.

Welcome to the Forums!

In general,
    1. Install Uru to your C: drive.
    -- a. Be certain that Uru saves its game progress files to your C: drive.
    2. Start Uru from a fresh boot.
    -- a. Reboot, log into Windows, and close all open applications.
    -- b. Disable all anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs running in the background.
    ----- 1. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing Uru.
    -- c. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it.
    -- d. Do NOT run any other programs before starting Uru.
    3. Never boot up with a CD or DVD in the disc drive.
    4. If the Uru disc autostarts when inserted into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
    5. Start Uru with the Desktop shortcut/start icon, NOT from the CD menu.

Uru autosaves on the run, but unlike most other games, with Uru you can't directly access game saves as such from within the game. Until you solve the Desert Cleft puzzles to obtain all of the initial seven Journey Cloths and link to your Relto (personal Age), you'll begin each Uru session where you started in the Desert. Thereafter, you'll start the game at your Relto, from which you can use the Linking Books to link to the Ages you've visited.

So, you must have used a utility like Windows Explorer at the end of each game session to go to "C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\sav\[hashtag]/current" and downloaded the game .sav file(s).

"C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\sav\[hashtag]/current" should be where the game .sav files are stored. If that isn't the correct location for you, search your drive for .sav files.