Thread: Prepare to depart!! | Forums

Talking Prepare to depart!!

Hi all

After a number of years shooting everything in sight in Battlefield, 2, 3 & 4 and exploring space in Star Trek Online - I am looking for something different and slightly more sedate - it must be my age!!.
    Slipped my old SH4 disc in and loaded it to my Windows 10 computer - so far so good. Updated it to Version 1,4.
    What the hell do I do now??? Is it really that long since I played that I have forgotten everything?? Back to learning it all again.

Are there any mega mods available for SH4?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick_U2007 View Post
    Hi all

After a number of years shooting everything in sight in Battlefield, 2, 3 & 4 and exploring space in Star Trek Online - I am looking for something different and slightly more sedate - it must be my age!!.
    Slipped my old SH4 disc in and loaded it to my Windows 10 computer - so far so good. Updated it to Version 1,4.
    What the hell do I do now??? Is it really that long since I played that I have forgotten everything?? Back to learning it all again.

Are there any mega mods available for SH4?

Greetings, my friend. Nice to hear from you again. I hope you and your family have a great Xmas and Happy New Year.

I have a great recommendation for you, but it needs v1.5 in order to work. I've been assisting with refurbishing an old mod called Fall Of The Rising Sun. We have a current Beta version out for testing. I highly recommend it. Here is a link to the thread over at Subsim. Like I said though the mega mod is geared towards v1.5 as are most all of the mods these days. If you have any questions about any of this feel free to contact me.

Below is a screenie from the game.

Tambor - And a Happy Christmas to you and your family and all the best for the New Year
    Have updated to V 1.5 and have installed the MOD - even remembered how to do it!!
    Will have a go at it tonight and let you know how I get on with it
    Cheers
    Maverick

Tambor - And a Happy Christmas to you and your family and all the best for the New Year
    Have updated to V 1.5 and have installed the MOD - even remembered how to do it!!
    Will have a go at it tonight and let you know how I get on with it
    Cheers
    Maverick

I'll be interested in what you think.

Graphics good, gameplay still very good. However, completed my first patrol and docked back at Pearl Harbour and it ended by career. Two screens came up once I had docked and on the left was a picture but on the right of the screen was a dark area which I presumed contained some text. It gave an option to say OK which I pressed twice and I then finished up back on the main menu screen with the career gone?. I would be interested to know what should have been the text next to those screens.
    Cheers
    Maverick

Graphics good, gameplay still very good. However, completed my first patrol and docked back at Pearl Harbour and it ended by career. Two screens came up once I had docked and on the left was a picture but on the right of the screen was a dark area which I presumed contained some text. It gave an option to say OK which I pressed twice and I then finished up back on the main menu screen with the career gone?. I would be interested to know what should have been the text next to those screens.
    Cheers
    Maverick
    Wow, I've not run into this before I'll try and recreate it and see what happens and if I can get the same thing.

I sank a Hospital ship which the game said was Neutral. Maybe I got sacked for sinking it? There was obviously supposed to be text on those two closing screens. The first one had the appearance of a bout 3 or 5 rows of men - could have been court-martialed...lol

I sank a Hospital ship which the game said was Neutral. Maybe I got sacked for sinking it? There was obviously supposed to be text on those two closing screens. The first one had the appearance of a bout 3 or 5 rows of men - could have been court-martialed...lol
    Have rerun the mission - this time I didn't sink any Hospital ship[s and having ended my Patrol I have now been given another one. Moral of the story - don't sink hospital ships.

Have rerun the mission - this time I didn't sink any Hospital ship[s and having ended my Patrol I have now been given another one. Moral of the story - don't sink hospital ships.

Correct, you get in trouble with the Admiral that way.

Good to see you back Maverick! Be sure to check in over at our Subsim thread and let us know your impressions of the mod. It's great to be public beta with Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition but we have a ways to go. At 3.6 gigabytes we don't dare get any bigger but we can get a lot better.