Anno 1404 Venice - Multiplayer account issues

The last few weeks I've been having issues with my online account for Anno 1404. It all started when I tried to load a save game and the game gave me the message "Download Failed". Since all my save games are associated with my online profile I couldn't open any of them. I went into Profile Management and tried to download my online profile again, which led to more "Download Failed" errors. After some searching I found that my online profile was possible deleted from the servers, since it also wasn't showing up in the Gateway to the World interface. I also found a Ubisoft support article with a possible fix, so I sent them my profile and the information they needed and waited.

After about a week I got a message that the ticket was escalated to a "Team Lead" to fix the profile issues. Sadly after a few more days I got a followup message saying they couldn't fix the issue. The support rep also told me they were investigating the issue with the damaged profiles, so apparently something specific occured to cause this. Their advice at the time was for me to either start a new online profile under a different name or use an offline profile. This was three weeks ago.

So I took their advice and was able to make a new online profile, I started a few online and offline games and played for over a week until I got the exact same "Download failed" error. Even worse, when I tried to make yet another online profile to play online I was not able to create one. This time the game said "Upload failed" when trying to save the online profile. Apparently the ability to make a second profile was a one time fix.

During all this I noticed that I wasn't the only one affected by this issue. On the Steam community forums quite a few people were complaining about this issue and I even found an archived thread from 2012 about this issue on the old Ubisoft forums.

A lot of the functionality of Anno 1404 Venice depends on the online profiles, everything from achievements, gem unlocks to online multiplayer. You can't even play your own saved games that you made with your original profile without being locked out from achievements and general progression. I know this game is over 6 years old and I shouldn't be expecting the level of support a new game gets, but does anyone know if there's anything more that can be done about this?

I'm sorry you are having a problem. But this has been going on for years they never fix it. They ever close down the old 1404 too. When they made this new forum I lost all my post counts too. 1404 is basically dead. I'll send you a PM to a link it might help and it might not.

Same proble

hey there, after getting nostalgic and excited to play this game with a friend I have the same issue. When I wan to create an online Profile I consistently get an "upload failed", by any chance could you send me the same information?

Originally Posted by amsulie Go to original post
    hey there, after getting nostalgic and excited to play this game with a friend I have the same issue. When I wan to create an online Profile I consistently get an "upload failed", by any chance could you send me the same information?
    I sent you a PM