Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Xbox Communicator Voice Set Up... | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    pretty sweet from what I read

takes the xbox headset to a whole new level

Not only do you have an open mic with audible range...but when you just speak through the mic in the game, it will come through your surround accordingly...so say a sniper is in front of you, you can sneak up behind them, say something to them(they will hear it out of their rear speakers) and then you can kill them

you hit the button to talk to your team ala ghost, and that sound then comes through the headset

so headset for team, and speakers for open mic...pretty darn sweet

------------------------------------
    SSD Home Of SPAM

http://ssd.spongecenter.com

forums

http://ssdforums.spongecenter.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    pretty sweet from what I read

takes the xbox headset to a whole new level

Not only do you have an open mic with audible range...but when you just speak through the mic in the game, it will come through your surround accordingly...so say a sniper is in front of you, you can sneak up behind them, say something to them(they will hear it out of their rear speakers) and then you can kill them

you hit the button to talk to your team ala ghost, and that sound then comes through the headset

so headset for team, and speakers for open mic...pretty darn sweet

SSD Home Of SPAM

forums

XyZspineZyX
    hmm are you sure of that?
    sounds a bit odd to me cuz wouldnt it mute out the sounds of the game for the communication of the other players?

but if it is true, cool concept.

XyZspineZyX
    From ign.com Rainbow mission briefings:

IGN: How deep is the voice command system? How many terms will the AI recognize?

MM: Well the voice command system is tied directly to our order system. We have a circumstantial action icon that'll pop up --when you look at a door, you'll get a door icon-- if you press and hold the A button you get this door command menu. Well, there's actually 16 different commands you can give them to interact with a door. There's the (basic) four, then add "clear" for four more, then add "zulu" for four more and then you have "zulu" and "clear" and there's four more so you end up with 16. You look at a door and you can say any combination. Open and clear on zulu. Open, flash and clear on zulu. Open, flash and clear. Breach and clear on zulu. Any of those things, they'll understand completely, but it's contextual. You wouldn't look at a door and give them a move command, so you have to know what's going on. But all of these commands are intuitive. If you look at the ground and say "move," they'll move. Look at a door and say "open," they open. If you look at a ladder and say "climb" they climb.

We're also implementing something that I think players are really going to like because when they first start to play they only have to remember one thing. Say the words "go, go, go," and they'll do the default order for wherever you're looking. It doesn't matter what it is. It could be a ladder, it could be diffusing a bomb, it could be anything, but it does the default order, which is the top order on the Quick Order Interface. Once you learn more what those commands are, then you get a little bit more of the role playing. When you're sitting there in a room and you say "open, flash and clear now!" well, they don't understand the "now" but they do understand the "open, flash and clear" and they do your order. I've actually heard people in the office playing and saying "I need you to go there now" and they hear "go" and zoom they're gone. "Cover me!" Boom, they hear that and they go take cover. So there's different commands and you can actually talk to them but the interesting thing is they're listening and they understand what you're saying.

IGN: When playing over Xbox Live will we only be able to hear our teammates over headphones or will the spatial audio work when they're nearby?

MM: No matter where your teammates are if you press the talk button that's "talking to teammates only" and you're gonna only send the command and it'll only come through their earpieces. So if the three of us are sitting here right next to each other and you two are on the other team and say Max sent me a command saying "Hey, get that IGN guy, he doesn't know what he's doing" If he says that, you guys don't hear anything because it all comes through my earpiece. Now if I don't have a voice communicator it's still going to come through my television because you have to be able to hear it someway. If you just talk openly through the open mic, where we're all sitting around it the lobby or at the beginning of the game and I say "I see you," you'll hear this voice off in the distance saying "I see you." And you go "crap, who is that?" And that adds a lot of life to these animated characters. The more life you give them, the easier it is for you to forget that it's all fantasy and you really start to get into your role and really experiencing it.

------

This is gonna be fun [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    And lets not forget the "shouting abuse at the enemy" potential, I just hope they dont have a good 5.1 system.

Liquid

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love"

Most Looking forward to :-

XBL comedy club presents:-
    "Don't forget, if you use the binoculars, you can't get a very good gun"
    "Shut your British mouth and lets play"
    "Threat indicator, That is so G*Y"
    "Okay, it just makes it easier for me to kill you"

XyZspineZyX
    trash talking?....people trash talk...lol

i just cant wait for it...in GR and GRIT, if i sneak up on somebody in prone

i do 1 of 3 things

1 - i fire a shot or 2 right in front of the head to let them know i am behind them, then watch them scrammble to survive, and shoot them

2 - i quickly run into their Point Of View and back out(most likely they are zoomed out), watch them scrammble for survival, and shoot them

or

3 - drop a grenade on them, then run into their point of view giving them hope of a kill, just to be blown up

SSD Home Of SPAM

forums

XyZspineZyX
    In RtCW i like to sneak up on snipers and either

-Stick a knife in their head
    -Walk in front of them while they are zoomed in, then blow em away
    -or drop a 5 sec grenade on em
    [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

Bobeo
    "The time will come to die at the hands of GFY"

XyZspineZyX
    will there be an icon over someones head indicating that they are the ones talking?

I'm guessing this would suck if your on different teams and it gives away your position... maybe just for your own teammates?

XyZspineZyX
    dont have any idea at this point man...wish we knew more about Live set up

SSD Home Of SPAM

forums

XyZspineZyX
    I heard from people who are already playing that this feature isn't true at all...... There's no button-to-team-speak function; everything is open-mic supposedly and the only time anyone (regardless of team) hears your voice is when you're dead and spectating...... But still, the first impressions from these people I read were very vague so I can't really confirm it...... I'm picking up my reserved copy today, so I'll have to see how it really works......

--Curtis P. Jive-Funk

Message Edited on 10/29/0308:50AM by Paragma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast