Electr1cPanda's Avatar Community Developer

[Updated 12/20] Watch Dogs 2 Seamless Multiplayer Status

12/20 STATUS UPDATE

The last portion of our multiplayer was enabled on Friday, Dec. 16th: Neutral Encounters. Now as you explore San Francisco, you will seamlessly meet up with other players in your world, who you can choose to team up with in coop encounters.

---------

11/23 STATUS UPDATE

We're happy to announce that the second phase of seamless multiplayer was brought online at 8:30 a.m. PST / 11:30 a.m. EST / 5:30 p.m. CET for both Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

You'll now be able to access the following additional multiplayer features:

- Bounty Hunts can happen seamlessly without the Multiplayer App
    - Seamless Hacking Invasions
    - Seamless DedSec Events w/ other players
    - Seamless co-op mission invitations

Though seamless online activities are working well, we are continuing to work on making searching for activities through the multiplayer app more reliable, and will continue to monitor online performance.

Thank you for your patience and support while we worked to activate the seamless multiplayer feature of the game. We hope you continue to enjoy exploring and hacking the open-world of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Please don't forget to share your feedback about the game and online play on the subreddit or here on the official forums. We look forward to hearing from you.

---------

11/22 STATUS UPDATE

Update: Phase 1 of Seamless Multiplayer for Xbox One has now been activated with the approval of Title Update 1.05, now available for download. To make sure you have the patch, you may need to restart your console. We will continue to monitor online performance on both platforms before rolling out the remaining online features. We will give an update in the next 24-48 hours.

We're happy to share the good news that we brought the first phase of seamless multiplayer online at 8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST / 5 p.m. CET for Playstation 4 and we anticipate that seamless multiplayer for Xbox One will be activated by early afternoon PST / evening EST / night CET.

This coincides with the release of Title Update 1.05, which also contains important crash fixes that improve stability. While the overall number of players affected by crashes isn't high, those who are crashing are experiencing the problem repeatedly.

With seamless multiplayer reactivated, you'll be able to experience the following multiplayer features via the Multiplayer App:

- Invite friends to co-op or search for new co-op partners
    - Hack into a rival hacker's world
    - Find targets for Bounty Hunts or trigger a bounty on themselves

We'll continue to monitor the online stability of the seamless multiplayer features and should everything continue to run smoothly, we'll activate the final phase of seamless multiplayer, unlocking the following additional multiplayer features: Bounty mode without the use of the app (will occur seamlessly in-world), and encountering other players in the world to complete co-op missions and DedSec events with.

Thank you for your patience and support while we worked to implement the seamless multiplayer feature of the game. We will continue to provide periodic updates throughout this process. We're looking forward to seeing some cool gameplay content from you in these multiplayer modes, so don't forget to share!

---------

11/21 STATUS UPDATE

We were not able to turn the seamless online mode on this weekend, but we are making progress and tomorrow we will have more information to share regarding the solution.

---------

11/17 STATUS UPDATE

We have an update regarding the status of the seamless multiplayer.

As you know, we’ve been prioritizing finding a solution to the online connection frame rate issue, so we can activate the seamless multiplayer feature in the game. We’re currently conducting extensive internal testing of a solution to ensure it causes no regression to the core single player experience, as well as smoothly integrates into the seamless multiplayer.

If the solution works as intended, we would begin deploying the fix in a patch and turn on seamless multiplayer as soon as this weekend. This is the scenario that we are all hoping for. But if during these tests we see that the game's stability with seamless multiplayer still needs work, seamless online will remain deactivated and we will continue to investigate and test solutions.

We sincerely appreciate your support and patience during this process. Meanwhile, you still have full access to the open world, campaign, side activities and the opportunity to play Co-op missions or free roam with your friends.

To follow updates on Watch Dogs 2 and follow the status of the seamless multiplayer, please feel free to visit our Watch Dogs 2 official site. If you experience any other issues, please report them in the bug report section of the forums.

We’ve been loving all of the videos and screenshots you’ve been sharing so far and are glad you’ve been having a good time with the game. Keep playing, keep sharing, have fun, and hack everything!

-The Watch Dogs 2 Community Team

---------

ORIGINAL POST

Watch Dogs 2 is launching worldwide today and we are so excited for you to play the game.

With this exciting launch period, we wanted to take some time and explain a situation we’re currently facing with the game that will affect your online gameplay experience. During the pre-launch phase of Watch Dogs 2, we were disappointed to discover an issue tied to the seamless multiplayer feature that caused the game to lag and crash periodically.

In order to eliminate this issue at launch, we have decided to wait to launch the seamless multiplayer feature until this issue can be fixed, and to make sure it doesn’t impact the core gameplay experience. Through our testing, we’ve found that players encountering seamless online are also affected by this lag issue, hence our need to temporarily shut down seamless multiplayer for all. The Watch Dogs 2 development team’s priority is working on fixing this issue.

To be clear, you can play the full single-player campaign normally. Additionally, co-op is still fully functional by inviting friends through the game menu. However, the Bounty-Hunter mode and other activities that would occur with other outside players who enter your game will be unavailable until the issue is resolved. We truly appreciate your patience during this time.

To follow updates on Watch Dogs 2 and follow the status of the seamless multiplayer, please feel free to check the Watch Dogs 2 website. If you experience any other issues, please report them here on our official forums.

The Watch Dogs 2 development team will continue to work hard to improve the game and are there to hear your feedback. Thank you for playing!
     4 people found this helpful

"today"

When is "Today" because of "today" is almost done over here ^^

Update, well, won't on xBox one...

Hi all, so I get home today and insert shiny new WD 2 disc into nice shiny xBox one and the disc flies and installs all the data necessary....great, then upon starting the game, I get the old " watch dogs 2 needs an update" message, no problem.....only it just keeps saying that there is problem with the update and it won't download....so I am stuck with another coaster if you guys can't shed some light on this.....
     2 people found this helpful

I like ubisoft and their games but seriously, i dont understand how it possible to launch this game without the multiplayer and how you guys manage to not found this HUGE framerate issue involving the whole multiplayer before the launch of the game? I cant figure out you guys didnt see this earlier. The solo of the game is great but i miss the multiplayer wich is for me a core part of the game experience. You did a great job on the game but this is so frustrating...
     1 people found this helpful

SNUBKILLER75's Avatar Member
    Should of had a beta.

I really like watchdogs 2, but since the multiplayer is a component of the single-player, a lot is lost due to the error.(Especially because it goes seamlessly)

The problem is now, if I play through the singleplayer, I would then have to go back into the game purely only for the multiplayer.
    If the Multiplayer would work now, both could work seamlessly together and it would feel complete.

So please Ubisoft, tell us a date when to expect the Multiplayer!!!!!

Hi, can we get a update on this? ive stopped playing single player till this is fixed. want best of both worlds sp/mp in the game, so a update would be appreciated, and i can guess im not the only one.
     2 people found this helpful

Update?

Still No update on this? Come on guys we need some more info.

I bought a game WITH multiplayer.
    If it didnt have multiplayer i wouldnt buy it.

Give me my money back?

Originally Posted by Darkwing1708 Go to original post
    I bought a game WITH multiplayer.
    If it didnt have multiplayer i wouldnt buy it.

Give me my money back?
    yeah because a discussion forum will get you your money back.

Hope to get some info on the patch too but certification process is always a pain in the arse communication-wise.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►