Thread: How to sign up for the Rocksmith monthly newsletter | Forums

stray75's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by kidmeatball Go to original post
    It is said that this ritual described above will unleash a maelstrom of quasi-magical energies that will adhere to only the purest of hearts. To shield yourself, you must travel to Seattle, and seek out the mighty Grunge. Do not be fooled by his smells or his protestations that he is not the one you seek. Follow him to the cave of Underheap. There you will find a vat of goat's milk and a riff painted on the wall. Summon your bandmates for they must be sacrificed. Play, hero, play that heathen riff while you dial up this ancient website and click! Click to the heavens! Fray your Ernie Ball Slinky's! You will know the time is upon you when the band is possessed by the Abyss. Then you will receive the sacred writings.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Yep, that sounds about right. 50/50 you'll get it...

In all the years I have played I have never received a newsletter

Originally Posted by armoury_R1 Go to original post
    I have two oddities to report: I evidently set it to once a week a while ago, but I realise I've never received the newsletter. Secondly, I get the Chinese language account page! Fortunately I actually do understand Chinese, although I learned simplified script and not the traditional that the page is written in, so I'm not completely lost, but it's still less than ideal...
    Still never received a newsletter. So I check my "Contact Preferences" again, and there isn't even an option now to subscribe to any newsletters at all. Does it make any difference that the page I'm on is https://account.ubisoft.com/en-GB/account-information? (At least it isn't in Chinese any more…)

tjdrico's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't have the option of which newsletter to subscribe to.

No "Click here to manage your subscriptions."

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Manager
    Thanks for posting this issue, guys -- I'll investigate. It's possible that it's just a temporary problem, but I'll be back with more information as soon as I'm able.
     1 people found this helpful

Update!

It looks like we're currently the only brand using the newsletter feature. This means you should be able to opt-in to the "Please update me with exclusive content and offers from Ubisoft titles" option at a minimal risk of getting excess emails. The process is currently being updated, so the ability to select which specific titles you want to hear from may or may not return in the future. In either case, opting-in should at least get you our monthly newsletter. When and if the process changes, we'll let you know. Similarly, please let us know if you're being sent a lot of email that you don't want.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by UbiVertigo Go to original post
    Update!

It looks like we're currently the only brand using the newsletter feature. This means you should be able to opt-in to the "Please update me with exclusive content and offers from Ubisoft titles" option at a minimal risk of getting excess emails. The process is currently being updated, so the ability to select which specific titles you want to hear from may or may not return in the future. In either case, opting-in should at least get you our monthly newsletter. When and if the process changes, we'll let you know. Similarly, please let us know if you're being sent a lot of email that you don't want.
    You are unable to click SAVE when you make changes to your Personal Information settings even for the opt in/out for newsletters. Plus only the opt in/out check box shows and there are no other settings for specific newsletters or anything. Funny thing is you can edit your Profile which is on the same page but uses different edit/save buttons then the personal information. What happens is, nothing.. You click Edit, make your changes then when you click Save, nothing happens.

One last thing, when I inspected the Edit button element. it shows
    <span class="dangerousHtml">Edit</span>
    What is up with a class called dangerousHtml ??

Thanks, DG-ES335, I'll look into these and try to get some answers for you.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Mini update-

If you would like to opt-in to the Newsletter, be sure to click "Edit" then select the "Please update me" option and save. The save button will not show up unless you select "Edit" first. Once it is saved, the "Save" option should disappear and you'll see "Edit" again. That's how you know it will have saved.

If it didn't, please try clearing your "ubi" cookies, closing your browser, and bringing it back up. If you still cannot save, please let us know which browser you're using.

Thanks!

demizach1's Avatar Member
    "Please update me" was already checked, but I tried editing, re-selecting, and saving. We'll see if this is the magic month....fingers crossed.