Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Discuss Gear Sets | Forums

Firecrest is now a fun set to play with but it would be nice if having it equipped allowed the player to restock incendiary grenades instead of frags.

I play on console and still find the Strikers bonus too hard to build up.

The biggest thing for me now is an ability to save loadouts, but I know you guys are already working on that.
     2 people found this helpful

way to much emphasis has been placed on the completely random drop mechanics. you kill a mob system rolls to see if you get a drop, rolls for drop quality, rolls for item type, then randomly rolls each stat. so you get a bad bunch of rolls on the piece you were looking for go re-calibrate. oh look that only allows you to pick one stat to re-roll and the re-roll is of course completely random and if you need to try again, well the cost increases each time till you can no longer afford to try. you can always wait till you get that piece in another drop and hope it's better, don't hold your breath this is likely to take some time.
    how about named bosses drop schematics for high end and set pieces and we can then try to craft what we want instead, that system would still require a large amount of grinding but would give the player a small amount of control over the items he spends time on. oh and deconstructing an item should return 1/2 of the materials required to craft them.

all players in the PVE to outdoors like more help

i feel like all players to outdoors there is so much to outside and more players can't help there will you do that gabe and guys ?: there will be much more players outside and more tell players of group and more help and emote for funny i will players view in pve for not kill same as wow
    Last edited by reaperdeathX; 11-05-2016 at 04:07 PM.

The survey only let me pick three, but in reality, all the gear sets are bad. This however is not directly a problem with the gear set idea. It has more to do with the frame work of the game, which 1.4 has never addressed. The class frame work is to open ended, and roles are not clearly enough assigned in the game, this is compound by the problems BleeckerT is referring to. There are just far to many open ended stats that roll on gear and only one stat everyone pretty much has to hope procs in each slot, and then you have to go reroll the one stat that is off millions of times.

The classes in the game need some serious definition, and thought. The Holy trinity doesn't quite fit in this game, but it needs classes similar to the modern fire team, such as Medic, Grenadier, Rifleman, designated marksman, and so on so forth. Then the game needs mechanics that take advantage of these defined roles, and gear sets should be aligned to compliment which class and roll that you play, or that your team needs from you that day.

This game was never billed as a looter, it was sold as a tactical cover based shooter RPG and it is not. This dichotomy is why the game is such a wreck, aside from not having any real end game content that flows with the RPG part of the game.

Calibrating gear sets should provide the same number of options as calibrating weapons. Some stats have 8-10 options and the RNG is just too great. You can spend a lot of credits and still not get the stat you want.

All the Gear Sets (plus the Armor stat and the Skill Power stat) need more iterations. Right now there is only one BIS option for a person who primarily plays solo or at most duo in World Teir 4:

4x Predator plus 2x anything else, with every possible major stat rolled to Armor.

Nothing else comes even close to this combination for viability. Unless you want to gimp yourself into the bad old pre-1.4 days, you cannot afford to try any other combination unless you playing in a full 4x team.

You've solved the loot drop and progression issues. But you haven't yet solved the challenge of making truly viable build options. At least not at World Tier 4.
     1 people found this helpful

Banshees shadow

As a solo player I have to wonder why the Banshees Shadow was not in the game earlier. It is finally a safeguard for my DZ rank so I don't lose hours of work to an opportunistic gank squad. I would even run without any loot but they would still kill me for the rouge bonus. Now a large reason for me being a solo player is that my friends had given up on the game (Glitches, OP Gank squads w/OP gear sets, ect) however I have been trying to get them back in. The one thing we do agree on is that none of us want to touch the DZ without the Shadow set.

Overall, I would say that for PVE every set is pretty viable for most if not all encounters. When it comes to PVP I can't say much since I avoid the DZ like its the dollar flu lol. I personally run the Reclaimer set because I like to play the support role with water and canned food, but that being said, it would be nice if explosive/incendiary rounds actually did something. Maybe make explosives rounds do bonus armor damage and incendiary rounds apply a bleed dot? All this being said, I will still continue to run the Reclaimer set as I see it to be the best option for support atm.

firecrest should also buff the fire seeker mine and should allow to get fire grenades from any restock box, otherwise i never get to take advantage of the 2 piece anyway. final measure should just make you immune to grenades completely. tactician's taken a real hit... the buff being so much lower and the timer and all. it needs help to maintain utility to anyone outside of a committed 4 man group. banshee should also prevent us from losing keys. literally the only loss should be the public stuff in my yellow pack. strikers is so weak in pvp, cuz a miss is so penalizing. and missing is super common in pvp from rolling around and such. hitting that many consecutive shots is not common enough to be useful. not to mention enemy armor dmg still being irrelevant. hunter's faith is still crap. and the cooldowns on abilities now is a gamechanger. it's a hassle that i can't maintain 100% uptime on some stuff. much of that stuff is predicated on being up all the time. i can understand not wanting sticky w 100% uptime. but stuff, like supportstations should be able to maintain 100% uptime the way turrets can. turrets are amazing now and so much fun in group or solo and maintain utility well with many builds. but things that can't maintain 100% uptime go down several pegs.

Because the survey use too subtil words, i cant answer it. i respon you when you do it as much as local langage we could play in game.

the world langage isnt only the english.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast