Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapons and Weapon Talents after Update 1.4 | Forums

A Way To Improve The Division's Dark Zone DRAMATICALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-gabelikes View Post
    Agents,

Update 1.4 introduced several changes to both Weapon and Weapon Talents. We continue to monitor feedback and discussions surrounding them as we continue our efforts to improve the game post Update 1.4.

To kick off the discussion, you will find a link to a new survey below and we are very interested to hear your thoughts!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/td14weapons

As always, do not hesitate to provide your thoughts in this thread!
    Thanks,

The Division Dev Team
    I bought The Division because of the promise of it's Dark Zone (PvP). Level advantages should be turned off in the Dark Zone. Players should be able to go into the Dark Zone and have PvP with anybody without worrying about gear score or whatever.

However, once a month for an entire week, a game mode where level advantages are turned on could be featured for the entire Dark Zone where players will have to be mindful of gear score or whatever.

This would make me so happy I bought The Division, because at the moment I am unhappy with what it is today.

Survey really needs an "no idea / don't have one" answer for these questions. I had most of the various weapons before 1.4, but most sucked so bad they god sold or scrapped.

WRONG THREAD, please move it where it should, thx

- add clear infos ( in game ) on where to loot specific parts of a set, currently i have no idea of where to loot the mask of any sets for example
    - the AI is currently broken and too defensive, sometimes enemies just get stuck in cover mod and never ever attack, i used to run away from the enemies, now am chasing them most of the time since 1.4 ...
    - ther's way too much loot, specifically sets parts, i have so many of them yet 1) none interest me 2) i cant complete any of them ( see point n1 )
    - where the hell are the performance mods ?
    - reduce the amount of gear sets, ther's just too much of them, half of them with cryptic full set bonus
    - gear vendors are confusing and ther's too many, one sell mods and gear, the other weapons and mods, the other blue print and whatever .. i have no idea what to buy and where, either reduce them or make specific NPC sell ONLY specific stuff, why are they so bloated ?
    - remove loot reward from XP or at least dont give the highest level gear from that, this is so lazy and easy, come on
    - there should be a higher item tier level than 229 ( JUST ONE ), what am i supposed to do when ive already reached that ? why isnt there something higher thats difficult to obtain ? am not asking for 1.3 crazyness, but rather something that would require effort thru time for example, or that only loot very rarely (on all bosses loot table) think of legendary from wow
    - add hard to obtain/loot vanity items like skin
    - vendors UI is too small, its not even big enough to fully show the name of some items
    - make vendors accept refunds for a limited time (2hrs) ? ive just lost 1k PC when 1.4 released ..
    - the UI is a mess and full of redundant infos and windows ( however i still love how it look ! ), to check my stats or gear stat or mod stats i have to juggle between so many windows, the MAIN character gear window need to display every stats of every piece of gear/mod/weapons ( think wow character windows ), also stop previewing ( numbers ) stat change unless i equip something
    - remove the possibility to group in the DZ, or make a version of it that does not allow group wich should solve many problems toward solo players who still want to go there
    - give me a sense of progression with quests or whatever, currently am already 229 and i have no idea what to do when i loggin beside going to grind, i dont mind grinding, but its not fun, ther's no intensive to go back to the game
    - Please more quests, more dynamic events in the open world, more interaction with NPCs, more lore simply, make the world feel a little alive, make me feel like am in a catastrophic event rather than a grinding machine
    - more gore, the game is PEGI 18+, why bother to hide the misery and the human catastrophe that's a biological attack ? why dont you guys try to immerse us a little more ?
    - make heal or pulse baseline, i want to use the other talent so badly but i cant and am not having fun, i love the turret i love the sticky bomb and the seeker mine, they are so cool, yet i cant use any of that if i want to survive in a high level mission ( let alone in the dark zone ... )
    - why every mission in underground level look the same ? ive see the bank level maybe 1 time ( am rank 24 )

anyways there are many other things, but am happy with 1.4

thanks for the all effort on fixing the game, its appreciated
    Last edited by essenthy; 10-30-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RawWilson1 View Post
    I bought The Division because of the promise of it's Dark Zone (PvP). Level advantages should be turned off in the Dark Zone. Players should be able to go into the Dark Zone and have PvP with anybody without worrying about gear score or whatever.

However, once a month for an entire week, a game mode where level advantages are turned on could be featured for the entire Dark Zone where players will have to be mindful of gear score or whatever.

This would make me so happy I bought The Division, because at the moment I am unhappy with what it is today.

should read I bought The division and wanted PvP to be exactly like Destiny

In the broad strokes i think 1.4 has succeeded in creating a new point from which to balance the weapons. So thats a victory. I like that both pistols and snipers now seem to scale damage based on factors such as ROF and Stability. these are basic MMO mechanics (slower the weapon/higher the damage) and they will greatly improve the experience of using these weapon types.

I think a lot of the weapon talents that have conditions such as provident and intense need to be adjusted to either increase effect or loosen conditions under which they happen. Earlier it was pointed out that "who uses a 5 round mag on an m44?" well i do so i can optimize for provident but in the end 12% over 5 rounds (which is lost if you miss) just doesn't out way the benefit of reloading 1/2 as often or using a talent that just adds strait up 10% damage to every shot. The factors involved in making provident worth while don't make it compelling even under the best cases. Things like intense and toxic should be almost 100% effects if its going to be restricted to a single round in the clip. Or maybe leave the chance to proc at 25% but instead of that one bullet you proc free fire rounds for 10 sec or the whole clip is fire rounds or something in that vein. I'm not good enough at math to give real numbers here but if ithe best possible chance i have to proc intense is in a 5 round mag and its 25% chance on only one round then my probability of procing it at all is already dismally low. Then add to that the chance of missing that first shot which would to negate that chance all together. Then if it does proc i get what, something in the neighborhood of 30k damage over more time than it will take me to down the mob most probably. There is simply no way that will ever be better or even close to on par with almost any other damage talent and this could be said about all the talents that operate like this. Now by no means am i saying something like intense should be top tier, but when it rolls on your weapon its presence shouldn't be a reason you consider trashing the weapon.
    Last edited by Red_Oryx; 10-30-2016 at 10:05 PM.

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Tjalon. View Post
    I have both Stability and Accuracy unlocked on my AlphaBridge build using ARs. Neither of the bonuses for these talents are translating to improved stability or accuracy on my character screen. I have not seen this listed on the known issues page and am wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue?
    my biggest complaint also!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMattatatta View Post
    should read I bought The division and wanted PvP to be exactly like Destiny
    There are worse PvP ideas to emulate. The Division's, for instance.

Cnt play Delta error C 1 191

Cnt play Delta error C 1 191

Hate 1.4

Hate update 1.4!
    Part of the hype about update 1.4 was that it would allow players like myself who prefer to play alone have a better experience: it sucks. I spent a couple of hours in the underground getting my behind handed to me playing mission after mission on hard and NORMAL. What’s all that about? It was not that way before the update.
    The gear drops are better now but the game is glitchy as hell. I have had more crashes and problems with movement since the update. Not worth it!
    I get that the Devs planned the end game for this game is playing PVP in the Dark Zone but really? Getting great gear is amazing but what is the point if I have to spend 4 or 5 hours reconfiguring my gear to make it anywhere near the stats I had before the update.

I am regretting building a new computer specifically to play this game.
    Last edited by Lilbudy12; 10-31-2016 at 02:42 AM.
     1 people found this helpful

Most guns are better balanced in their class, though SMGs are too weak. I think they should have better damage but harder to control, so they're only effective up close.

I think guns with smaller mags should always have better burst damage but get overtaken for sustained damage by bigger mag guns. High rate of fire guns should be a bit harder to control and lower rate guns should be pretty steady.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast