Thread: Radeon 9200 Mobility Problems | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Hello,

I know the radeon 9200 is not suppported by I thought Id ask anyway. Well here it goes,

The game runs great accept for two things that are very annoying:

1. In the top left corner of the game screen renders very strangely, like I can see through walls or something. It is a quite large rectangle that displays like this and hinders the gameplay considerably. I read a post saying it might be related to anti-aliasing settings, but be it that I have a compaq nx7000 HP notebook, I cannot configure my video card settings via ATI control panel, nor can I update the drivers with ATI's catalyst drivers.

2. If I try running the game at resolutions higher than 800x600 (the highest is only 1024x768, for some reason), the framerate of the game is EXTREMELY high and virtually unplayable. i.e. my character an all of ther animations run at very high speeds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Hello,

I know the radeon 9200 is not suppported by I thought Id ask anyway. Well here it goes,

The game runs great accept for two things that are very annoying:

1. In the top left corner of the game screen renders very strangely, like I can see through walls or something. It is a quite large rectangle that displays like this and hinders the gameplay considerably. I read a post saying it might be related to anti-aliasing settings, but be it that I have a compaq nx7000 HP notebook, I cannot configure my video card settings via ATI control panel, nor can I update the drivers with ATI's catalyst drivers.

2. If I try running the game at resolutions higher than 800x600 (the highest is only 1024x768, for some reason), the framerate of the game is EXTREMELY high and virtually unplayable. i.e. my character an all of ther animations run at very high speeds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
    yes, I have the same EXACT problem as the poster above!

I have a mobility radeon 9000!

someone please help us out!

XyZspineZyX
    Wow, it's nice to see other people have this problem too. I didn't know you could lower the framerate to fix the speed thing, I guess that's nice to know.

The box in the upper right corner though, is affected by the "shadows" setting. If you set it to medium, the box is smaller, and if you turn it off, the box is gone. I don't know what I'm missing without shadows, but I don't miss them. If there was a way to get them back though, that'd be sweeter.

Hope that helps...