Thread: Letís talk about Skills | Forums

Ubi_Yannick's Avatar Senior Community Developer

Letís talk about Skills

Agents,

Itís no secret that while The Division offers a variety of skills, skill mods and signature skills to choose from, only a few of them actually prove useful in the End-Game. This is something that we need to look at. Before we start making decisions however, we want to make sure to take the time to pick your brains on what you think about each of the skills, and get a more complete overview.

In this topic, we would like to ask you to rate the usefulness of each of our skill mods and signature skills, by filling out a very quick survey.

Click here to access the survey: How often do you use each of the skills and why?

Do not hesitate to leave a comment in this thread, if youíd like to discuss the matter further with the rest of the community, weíll be watching!

Thanks,
    The Division Dev Team

As a reminder, hereís a list of all the Skill Mods available:
    Pulse: Recon Pack
    The pulse has an increased range and is capable of locating nearby loot containers.

Pulse: Scrambler
    The pulse protects the user and all allies from hostile pulse scans.

Pulse: Tactical Scanner
    Damage is increased when attacking any hostile targets identified by the Pulse scan.

First Aid: Defibrillator
    The device can revive downed allies and grant them a portion of their normal health.

First Aid: Overdose
    The device heals targets more efficiently, and may even extend the target's health beyond its normal rating.

First Aid: Booster Shot
    Temporarily increases the damage for affected targets in addition to the normal healing effect.

Support Station: Life Support
    Drops a revival station that automatically revives any allies who are downed within the affected area.

Support Station: Immunizer
    Drops a recovery station that removes Status Effects and makes allies immune while within the affected area.

Support Station: Ammo Cache
    While close to the device, allies regain their ammo as they reload, and skill cooldown recovery is faster.

Sticky Bomb: BFB
    Increases the damage and radius of the explosion and may cause targets to bleed.

Sticky Bomb: Flashbang
    The bomb explodes with a non-lethal effect that blinds and disrupts all targets in range.

Sticky Bomb: Proximity Fuse
    The bomb explodes automatically when a hostile target is within range.

Turret: Active Sensor
    Increases the turret's damage and pulses attacked targets, making them visible to all allies.

Turret: Dragonbreath
    The turret has reduced range but shoots a column of fire.

Turret: Zapper
    The turret shoots electrical darts that damage and shock multiple targets.

Seeker Mine: Airburst
    Upon impact, the mine is launched into the air and releases a cluster of small incendiary explosives.

Seeker Mine: Gas Charge
    Upon impact, the mine moves between multiple targets and releases a cloud of gas.

Seeker Mine: Cluster
    The mine separates into smaller mines that seek out multiple targets simultaneously.

Ballistic Shield: Reactive Targeting
    Equips a stronger and lighter shield that pulses hostiles who shoot at it.

Ballistic Shield: Assault Shield
    Equips a shield that grants the user's sidearm increased damage, knockback, increased accuracy, and faster reload speed.

Ballistic Shield: Kinetic Breaker
    Grants the user a small portion of incoming damage as healing.

Smart Cover: Trapper
    Hostile targets using a reinforced cover deal less damage, while taking increased damage.

Smart Cover: Recharger
    Allies using a reinforced cover slowly recover their health and get their skill cooldowns reduced.

Smart Cover: Concealment
    Allies using a reinforced cover are hidden from hostile pulses and have reduced threat. Hostiles shot by allies from behind the cover are pulsed.

Mobile Cover: Extension
    The cover provides more protection and extends to protect two persons.

Mobile Cover: Blast Shield
    The cover is fitted with remote explosives that damage hostiles in front of it when the shield is disabled.

Mobile Cover: Countermeasures
    While using the cover, the user deals increased damage and becomes immune to pulses.

Signature skills:
    Recovery Link
    Heals and cures the user and nearby allies. Revives downed allies within range. Can "overheal" beyond maximum health.

Tactical Link
    Increases damage and critical hit chance to the user and all nearby allies.

Survivor Link
    Increases damage resistance and speed for the user and nearby allies.

I just want to post a clarification: I use booster shot heals only because I have a vigorous chest. The more important part of this scenario is the overheal, but both are marked as the highest usefulness on my survey.

When I'm running folks through Heroic UG, being able to stack as much damage resistance and healing is absolutely imperative due to the "situation" with the burst damage of yellow 35 mobs.

Additionally, I might add a clarification that this is for the PVE end game. It's implied I think, but what I am using when fighting in DZ06 and Heroic UG are absolutely different, despite the NPC enemies being effectively the same.

Cheers, and i'd love if you took a peek at the post linked in my sig if you haven't already. It's one of the things I'd love to discuss at length if given the opportunity.

To clarify: I have filled it in with the fact in mind that you need more than 2 skills in a squad, so i took into account that you have 4 players so 8 skills

Also, the fact why i put recovery link @useless is because of the delay bug in reviving. I have -never- experienced a succesfull recovery link moment, it always failed because of a delay in etc. If this is fixed or improved it would be a lot more usefull!

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd love to see skills become useful again with 1.4. Being able to deploy seeker mines, sticky bombs and turrets that did more than tickle the enemy would be great!

Also I've based my survey answers on post level 30 content.

Originally Posted by HH.Melantrix Go to original post
    To clarify: I have filled it in with the fact in mind that you need more than 2 skills in a squad, so i took into account that you have 4 players so 8 skills

Also, the fact why i put recovery link @useless is because of the delay bug in reviving. I have -never- experienced a succesfull recovery link moment, it always failed because of a delay in etc. If this is fixed or improved it would be a lot more usefull!
    Both important points. You just can't effectively run heroic content without a strong smart cover, pulse, and lots of heals, and almost always need an ammo crate, frequently an immunizer, etc.

A exstention of the medical revive. If it could revive dead enemies would be better
     1 people found this helpful

The problem is there are only 2 skill that mitigate damage, smart cover and survival link. Because the npc hit so hard, we left no choice but to use this 2 skill.

First of all; just want to reiterate that I think Massive is doing a great job of trying to make changes for the betterment of the game/community.

The large majority of the skills not used are mainly because they're not AS relevant as the others. Or they're very situational. For instance, Immunizer is extremely situational in my opinion as is typically only use it in Dragon's Nest. Or in the example of Mobile Cover Countermeasures; it's just not AS helpful as having Smart Cover Recharger or something else relatable.

In re-leveling, I'm trying to use all of the skills I never normally would, and it really does come down to this e fact that certain skills are either too good or lots of skills aren't good enough. I love the idea of all of them and hope they become more relevant in some way! Thanks.

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ayyronio Go to original post
    First of all; just want to reiterate that I think Massive is doing a great job of trying to make changes for the betterment of the game/community.
    I'll second this. Great work.

Wastedyuthe's Avatar Member
    The problem is two of the skills are essential in end game. Smart Cover and Overdose. I have a skill build and use Smart Cover and Pulse, so long as there's at least one other team member with overdose. It gets BORING when all we do every time we see bad guys is lay down smart cover, hide behind it until they're all dead. That's it! The reliance on Smart Cover just so we can survive the level 34's and 35's means we are not able to use other tactics such as suppress and flank. I'd really love to flank round the enemy! Alas we need to keep sticking together under SC just so we don't die.
    Oh and the reason we don't use Ballistic Shield is it's totally broken! If it wouldn't glitch out as much as actually proved a viable solution in end game, I'm sure it would be used a lot more.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last ►►