Thread: PVP Overhaul Idea/No Whining | Forums

PVP Overhaul Idea/No Whining

While I get those fans who are whining, and do not wish to disparage their concerns, I do not think that following suit would be conducive to progress as I would only be jumping into the proverbial line.

I believe the balancing of pvp, and pve is impossible at this point in time. Skills, and gear bonuses meant for pve, and pvp counter buffs/nerfs pouring over into each other will continue to threaten balance.

I propose a solution.

Each gear set should have pvp only bonuses. The pve bonuses should cease to pour into pvp play all together.

Pvp is in dire need of a fair, and inviting even playing ground with all out gun battles being waged, and overall team strategy playing a major factor in who succeeds.

Pve is about dealing with crowds of overpowered AI where pvp is about dealing with teams of four or less most of the time. This is the problem.

How can the developers expect the same gear bonuses, and combos used to deal with AI to work in pvp?

What we have now is gear set combinations optimized to help us succeed in Pve that outright obliterate in pvp.

So, I say again...Separate PVE, and PVP gear set bonuses. Pve bonuses won't work in Pvp, and Pvp bonuses won't work in Pve.

This will also simplify the balancing, so Devs can work on one or the other without worrying about the effects their changes our having on the opposite side, and we won't see this disastrous balancing act being played out at the gamers' expense.

Thank you.

I always liked the idea of disabling gear set bonuses altogether and just leaving EDR so people aren't worrying about groups who have perfect synergy and can still survive sticky bombs. This way people who don't have perfect gear sets but they have good rolls on random pieces can be just as competitive because they don't have to worry about having 5 piece sentry or 4 piece reclaimer because it doesn't work in PVP combat. It becomes more about your skill and stats since this game is mostly about those.

gt2k's Avatar Senior Member
    A lot of the bonuses don't matter unless you are suggesting for example removing headshot damage from sentry and the crit damage from strikers from PVP. I don't mean the 4 piece bonus, I'm talking about the 3 piece and now the 5 piece bonus.

I guess if you remove those from PVP completely and place in PVP bonuses for each set that would work.

Originally Posted by gt2k Go to original post
    A lot of the bonuses don't matter unless you are suggesting for example removing headshot damage from sentry and the crit damage from strikers from PVP. I don't mean the 4 piece bonus, I'm talking about the 3 piece and now the 5 piece bonus.

I guess if you remove those from PVP completely and place in PVP bonuses for each set that would work.
    That is the idea.

Separate the bonuses for pvp, and pve.

Off the subject, for those proposing a pve only dz I wholeheartedly disagree on the grounds that the Dark Zone is intended to be a dog eat dog territory with ever changing scenerios where AI enemies participate. There is a special kind of chaos generated by the inclusion of pvp players, pve players, and AI enemies in one area.

The problem with pve'ers in the Dark Zone is most of the time they aren't given a sporting chance. This solution should fix this problem bringing life back into the dz for pve'ers, pvp'ers alike.

So would there even be any need to extract in the PVE DZ? Why not just give everyone on the game who walks into the DZ max rolled gear set items of every type along with free guns of all types with brutal deadly and fierce on each one? No need to work for them or take any risk. Farming would take on a whole new meaning. Just spend hours of killing bosses and obtaining supply drops for 50 gear set pieces a night along with 70 new 229 guns. Yeah.... big fix. We can call it the sissy zone. As a matter of fact one already exist. It's called everywhere outside of the DZ. It's unbelievable that this is the biggest gripe on the game.

This is a good suggestion, but its to late. If you look at other games with pve/pvp elements this is part of the design of the game, all pve perks are disabled and pvp perks (or none at all) engage for pvp play. Think of the hours it would take to not only change all the gear in the game, but try to make sure it synergizes properly and it doesn't cause more things to bug out. With as many issues as they need to fix currently, the chances of them having the manpower for something like this is nil. Honestly, this should have been the design from the start, with gear sets like nomad and others that weren't preferable in pve having better bonuses in pvp, making each gear set desirable for its designed roll. As has been said before, Massive was way over their heads designing this game, but I put a lot of the blame on Ubisoft because they actually have decades more experience in games and didn't have the foresight to see what issues might crop up along the way. They should have had a game designer working with Massive all along, catching things like power creep and helping design end game content. Massive did a really good job designing the initial game and thru level 30, but the pvp/pk system and end game content are all signs of a team that doesn't know what they are doing. It doesn't help that this game was release about 6 months before it would have been ready, without anywhere near enough play testing and bug fixing.

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Manager
    We are currently discussing and exploring options for all areas of the game's balance, PvP included. That said, this is solid feedback that can be forwarded along to the team. I appreciate that.

On the second topic here, the PvE DZ idea, this is again feedback we are hearing loud and clear. It needs to be noted, however, that this approach would need a fair amount of tuning to prevent it from being too over simplified.

As with all things, no promise is to be made at this time. Just know that we hear you and are exploring our options.

Thanks Agents.

Originally Posted by Bloodjen Go to original post
    So would there even be any need to extract in the PVE DZ? Why not just give everyone on the game who walks into the DZ max rolled gear set items of every type along with free guns of all types with brutal deadly and fierce on each one? No need to work for them or take any risk. Farming would take on a whole new meaning. Just spend hours of killing bosses and obtaining supply drops for 50 gear set pieces a night along with 70 new 229 guns. Yeah.... big fix. We can call it the sissy zone. As a matter of fact one already exist. It's called everywhere outside of the DZ. It's unbelievable that this is the biggest gripe on the game.
    Agreed.
    Besides, where's the element of impending threat of being ganked, and the relief from a hectic, chaotic successful extraction?

That's why pve only dz is a no go.

Fix pvp, pve-fix the dz for everyone.

UNSCxSniper's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by mattshotcha Go to original post
    We are currently discussing and exploring options for all areas of the game's balance, PvP included. That said, this is solid feedback that can be forwarded along to the team. I appreciate that.

On the second topic here, the PvE DZ idea, this is again feedback we are hearing loud and clear. It needs to be noted, however, that this approach would need a fair amount of tuning to prevent it from being too over simplified.

As with all things, no promise is to be made at this time. Just know that we hear you and are exploring our options.

Thanks Agents.
    I killed you in the DZ!!!!!

I seen your name above a players head and thought it sounded familar and then it clicked. Once in a lifetime oppurtunity I couldnt pass up lol.

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by UNSCxSniper Go to original post
    I killed you in the DZ!!!!!

I seen your name above a players head and thought it sounded familar and then it clicked. Once in a lifetime oppurtunity I couldnt pass up lol.
    LOL That's awesome. GG agent.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►