Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PVP Overhaul Idea/No Whining | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey.Zulu View Post
    Very good points. I've done a lot of pvp.... 20 years ago (when I was in my 40s). I'll never be able to compete against the 12-30 year olds who tell us all that we should want to fight with them in the DZ. (not speaking of you) Unfortunately, they are so self absorbed they can only see life from their limited perspective and assume everyone is, or should be, just like them.

If they balanced gear in the DZ, I would be much more tempted to stick my head in and try it out. But, don't forget the old guys like me who enjoy a skill based shooter but know that we will never again be able to survive 1on 1 with the rogues.

p.s. I'm not asking for a PVE dz, just trying to explain one reason some people might want it.
    I could never forget about you, brother.

I want you to stand a sporting chance, and get a healthy dose of fun in the dz. What comes at you from other players shouldn't be so lethal that you don't stand a fair chance regardless of skill. That said, somepeople might freeze up. If that's the case their screwed either way.

Could be a special once an hour DZ/ pve supply drop guarded by 4+ bosses, so you would need most of the server to take them down, The squad that gets the most kills + boss dmg the squad leader can loot the access codes for the winning squad. The box should contain gold caches that can drop anything for each player stright to non DZ inventory, say 4 each ?. The people who missed out on the strong box still walk away with the boss drops, everyone wins. Could do infinite enemy waves to keep the kill count relevant. If a squaddie dies his kill cont resets and you lose his contribution to the squad score. Can come back and continue the fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by N01Lik3Mike View Post
    Could be a special once an hour DZ/ pve supply drop guarded by 4+ bosses, so you would need most of the server to take them down, The squad that gets the most kills + boss dmg the squad leader can loot the access codes for the winning squad. The box should contain gold caches that can drop anything for each player stright to non DZ inventory, say 4 each ?. The people who missed out on the strong box still walk away with the boss drops, everyone wins. Could do infinite enemy waves to keep the kill count relevant. If a squaddie dies his kill cont resets and you lose his contribution to the squad score. Can come back and continue the fight though.
    Something like a Destiny thing? Hmmm...that's pretty cool.

DZ should not and should never have been a group play experience, it should be solo only and here are just a few reasons why:

1) It adds to the experience of co-operation or conflict, do you trust that other lone agent? will you clear that landmark together? will you protect your extraction together? will he try to kill you?
    2) 8 skills cannot be utilized by one player which is how it is now, no wonder 4 man teams steam roller their way through smaller teams, they have more skill resources to call on.
    3) gear set talents that boost a team become irrelevant (yeah Reclaimer/Sentry im looking at you)
    4) players will have to spec builds more for survivability getting from a-b and not having to rely on team members for revives and heals,( bye bye glass canon builds in the dz. ), (shotguns will still be powerful but some of that firearms will need to be dropped for survivability to be able to be used effectively)

Sure this wont stop groups of people getting together just as we get groups of 5+ players now, those players choose to work co-operatively but at present they are op due to how skills/gearset talents are pooled, that is of no consequence if a solo only approach is adopted. Only skill that should be pooled between agents is health (and at a 40% cap of what the donor agents limit is), downed player health pool should be dropped by 50%.
    Last edited by SupaSkrub; 08-18-2016 at 12:02 PM.

I would love the pvp to be more balanced so that we can have more tactical fights against other players. Any and all bonuses should be disabled for PvP, then we will truly get a great PvP experience!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456