Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP Overhaul Idea/No Whining | Forums

The Dusk Zone™

Quote Originally Posted by MysticIXINinja View Post
    Don't know if this needs to be said or not, but if we get a pve only dz it's not *Dark* enough to be called the dark zone. It definitely needs to be a different zone/name, or something I would think.
    Itd be called The Safe Space

"Now entering your safe space"

Quote Originally Posted by mattrickl06 View Post
    Very pleased and encouraged that you are taking it on board.

My two penneth

* Make NPC's absolutely flood extractions in a PvE DZ, make it similar to what rogues would do without the griefing, make it a challenge.

* If players die in the DZ make their loot die with them, nobody can pick it up

* Team who deals most damage to mobs surrounding supply drops obtain loot, if they all die then second ranking group get the loot

* Rework the spawn points - maybe introduce alarms so that NPC reinforcements attack you from behind, from the side, hell, even from high up windows.

* Put a timer on extractions, ie only every 10 minutes in DZ1/2, 10 mins in DZ3/4 etc, to ensure that players use more of the map.

* Enlarge the playable area of the DZ, maybe add DZ7/8 and make drops there the same as the PvP DZ5/6, but with tougher mobs

In general, a lot of PvE players want a proper challenge and not an easy farm, the atmosphere in the DZ is unique to the division which is ruined by the pointless PvP which goes on in there.

Make the DZ more about great gameplay and teamwork, rather than about loot.

I have no interest in speed farming, I do however enjoy the PvE teamplaying aspect in the DZ without the juvenile murder squads killing everything in sight (apart from NPCs)

My standout memories from my time in the DZ (pre 1.3) is helping strangers out, receiving help from other teams and generally working in harmony just like a secret government agency would do in the "end of civilisation" circumstances - can you picture a highly skilled, highly trained secret military organisation turning rogue en masse, teabagging their dead former allies and telling their still twitching corpses to "git gud"??

A fair bit of thought would need to go into preventing whole servers teaming up against NPCs though, how about only the first team to do x amount of damage or a certain % of damage against a named boss could collect the drop? This would naturally disperse agents away from easy, half dead mobs.
    While I do like the concept of the DZ, I don't like the unbalanced pvp that you are forced to counter.
    I know a lot of people like me would really like to have an option to be able to play solo. The way it is designed now makes it almost impossible.
    I think the PvE and pvp parts needs to be separated in some way. I'm not sure that a PvE DZ is the solution but it would sure keep a lot of players happy. Why do people care if it is easy or hard earned loot? (Solo farming DZ 5 and DZ 6 is hard as hell for sure). The majority of the PvE players are not going to use their gear in the pvp DZ anyways so why do people care about how they obtained it?
    Are pvp players worried that everyone will be running around in the DZ with maxed out gear? That would probably keep a solo player alive for another 1-2 seconds against a 4 man team.
    Now I really like to play in a group but I also like to farm solo and test my gear out.
    I think that this I what most players are hoping for.
    Underground, HVT's and incursions are too linear in my opinion.
    Maybe there is a way to use the rest of Manhattan outside of the DZ... Give PvE players really challenging NPC's (level 33-35) with named bosses that actually drops rewarding loot. Keep them respawning all over Manhattan... Why not?

A PVE DZ would bring a ton of players back no doubt. If this won't happen then at least allow me to turn off proximity chat for other players so I don't have to listen to xXrouge4life420Xx (intentionally misspelled Rogue) tell me "git gud nub and quit game go kill yourself" because that is the main reason I hate the DZ, the stupid degenerate players that inhabit it.
    Last edited by IT-Ronin; 08-16-2016 at 11:43 PM.

[QUOTE=IT-Ronin;11895491]A PVE DZ would bring a ton of players back no doubtQUOTE]

HIGHLY doubt it. PVE players ALWAYS push the carrot out further.

Youd get your pve dz, realize how boring it is, and then move onto the next thing to complain about

You think running circles from midtown, to pit, to Q, non stop without any tense excitment of rogues or other players is really going to be something that adds replayability to the game? Itll get as boring as running Lexington on repeat after a week

"You think running circles from midtown, to pit, to Q, non stop without any tense excitment of rogues or other players is really going to be something that adds replayability to the game? Itll get as boring as running Lexington on repeat after a week" - so true!!

I´m foremost an PvE-player and i wouldnt think running the small DZ without rogues would be any fun. The DZ might work if it was that you only met the occasional rogue.
    Though they need a true PvP-area for those that like that part of the game more, and for me i would like a bigger area with more storydriven combat. And to think they have this big LZ that doesnt do anything substantial right now.

My 2 cents, please give us a purely PVE DZ. I for one as a season pass holder have almost given up on this game. I would gravitate more to the DZ purely as it's open world like the main map and I like this about TD. Am not interested in the PVP this game offers via the DZ and as others have posted I wish to completely avoid it. Not making any apologies for this as it's my time and money.

Would like that PVE aspect to also carry over into the main map, I have no issue with tough mobs wandering around lower Manhattan for example as at least if I am killed I won't get the total d'bag type chatter via proximity and jumping jacks and camping at the respawn point......the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Make.My.Day. View Post
    While I do like the concept of the DZ, I don't like the unbalanced pvp that you are forced to counter.
    I know a lot of people like me would really like to have an option to be able to play solo. The way it is designed now makes it almost impossible.
    I think the PvE and pvp parts needs to be separated in some way. I'm not sure that a PvE DZ is the solution but it would sure keep a lot of players happy. Why do people care if it is easy or hard earned loot? (Solo farming DZ 5 and DZ 6 is hard as hell for sure). The majority of the PvE players are not going to use their gear in the pvp DZ anyways so why do people care about how they obtained it?
    Are pvp players worried that everyone will be running around in the DZ with maxed out gear? That would probably keep a solo player alive for another 1-2 seconds against a 4 man team.
    Now I really like to play in a group but I also like to farm solo and test my gear out.
    I think that this I what most players are hoping for.
    Underground, HVT's and incursions are too linear in my opinion.
    Maybe there is a way to use the rest of Manhattan outside of the DZ... Give PvE players really challenging NPC's (level 33-35) with named bosses that actually drops rewarding loot. Keep them respawning all over Manhattan... Why not?
    Am not a programmer so going in blind here, but why can't it be instanced like how it is when you exit the Base of Ops? That's a different instance for every single player out there. Speaking from a DZ point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweadobane View Post
    Am not a programmer so going in blind here, but why can't it be instanced like how it is when you exit the Base of Ops? That's a different instance for every single player out there. Speaking from a DZ point here.
    Yes! Why can't it..?
    That is not going to bring back NPC's worth taking on in the LZ but if it's as simple as that... Why not? That could keep the player base and changes can be made from there on...

Quote Originally Posted by UNSCxSniper View Post
    Itd be called The Safe Space

"Now entering your safe space"
    L-M-A-O!

Rogue Zone, Dusk Zone...these are good, but yes...

Safe Space for the Win!

Ok girl scouts we havn't recieved our snowflake badge. We have to drudge through the Safe Space first!

No don't go in there, so many grandma's to help cross the street.

Where's emily, we were supposed to link arms when we skipped from door to door.

Eeeek, everybody duck! It's James...he has acne, and if he saw me I think I'd just die.
    *Epic*
    *Facepalm*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast