Thread: My Honest Feelings about The Division and the Developers | Forums

I don't know what they are up

if the division was a major flop over the next few months everyone stopped playing servers where offline
    how would that affect the vivendi (spelling) takeover would it help massive fend off the takeover is this game went tits up

because I just cannot understand what the are doing all the question's asked idea's posted what is the response

"The team hasn't given up at all we still have lots of content coming, as well as fixes obviously " this is natchai's only reply on another post asking if massive had given up

it just seems to me for whatever reason they are trying as hard as they can to run this game into the ground as fast as the can

now I have never beaten up on this game I bought the season pass and have like 8 days or so playtime I got my moneys worth
    but for the life of me unless they want the game to die asap I cannot understand what the are doing

Lets not forget Massive's ingame presence, the JTF. They patrol and run around while not doing anything really helpful and can't even bother picking their own dead up off the street even right outside of HQ. Who leaves their buddy's bodies rotting in the street? Worst military unit ever!

Originally Posted by GreyTiger10 Go to original post
    Lets not forget Massive's ingame presence, the JTF. They patrol and run around while not doing anything really helpful and can't even bother picking their own dead up off the street even right outside of HQ. Who leaves their buddy's bodies rotting in the street? Worst military unit ever!
    That's funny, a friend and I were talking about that. With all the rotting corpses laying around, the freaking plague would be killing off everything left living in that city. Maybe it's time to switch groups and become a cleaner.

tropolite's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm with you in your frustrations of the game glitches and bugs and at times they are simply impossible to overlook and enjoy the game.
    There are times you need to vent of course. I suggest spending some time watching the Twitch streams of The Division, especially the State of the Game and some of the standard game streaming they do.

Thing is Massive are working on fixing the problems of the game. Nope, I don't work for them and I don't have any inside information or association with them other than I like playing The Division. I'm passionate about it and I care for the game, as you certainly do. All the information I'm aware of has come from the SotG and from the streams. I believe Massive and their community managers/developers of their word that they are working on fixing issues with the game and there is every intention to fix it properly.

The Division has 4 studios working on the game (Mattshotya spoke of this in one of the streams), and it is a complex game with all the statistics and abilities that are included, it takes a good deal of work to fix bugs and it isn't just a 'flick this switch' or 'change one line of code', there is much more involved. On todays stream Hamish along with Yannick stated Massive are committed to fix every issue however there are priorities on these fixes and these are being addressed based on that. Several streams ago Hamish spoke of new staff coming onboard to work on several things (I'm assuming they are there to work on the issues).

They are well aware of all the issues raised with support at Ubisoft and via the forums. They are also very aware of the suggestions and recommendations many have put forward. Massive also know of the necessity to fix the issues and balance the game as a priority. But even if it is a priority there are still many things that need to be kept in mind when doing this otherwise many other parts of the game could break.

What they need from us is understanding and patience and most of all clear information of the issues we find as players so these can be resolved in time, instead of what some are doing, simply flaming Massive/Ubisoft, its community managers and support personnel.

The game has been out 6 months, and bugs from the beta are still present, we given them the all the time and patience they are going to get. Later this month is when the 2016 game season really begins, new Deus Ex is release, then so many more good releases are coming out soon after. They didn't get their **** together when they needed to, and now its too late, they won't have a player base that comes back even if they do get the mess in order. They will have moved on to B1 or Deus Ex or any of the plethora of game that will be release that had proper testing BEFORE they dropped and that don't use there player base as bug testers. At this point nothing they can do will fix the community, and without that the game is dead. I guarantee the number of players for the next dlc will be less than half of the previous, and probably half again for the final dlc. I check the forums regularly to see if reinstalling the game is worth it, and nothing here shows me it is, In fact, when I come back after 3 weeks and all the posts on the first 2 pages are exactly the same or variations on the same themes it just tells me that things are going nowhere.

I picked up destiny for £20 on psn last week.

Haven't wanted to play division since.... go figure.

"We would love to hear from you but are busy bees and can unfortunately not answer all emails. Game ideas are great, but keep them to yourself, we only use in-house creativity..."

http://www.massive.se/contact/

Originally Posted by I DarthOnaga I Go to original post
    For a moment, I thought that literally said that on their website. LOL.

So a month since the last update/fix/etc. Maybe they gave up? Or maybe they're giving us the silent treatment in hoping we'll apologize. Don't hold your breath Ubi/Massive.
    It does literally say that.Click the link.Basically shut up with your ideas cause we don't care.

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey all. Let me start with saying this, we hear you all loud and clear. Sometimes, we don't have as much of a forum presence as we should, myself included, but that doesn't mean we aren't reading and forwarding these threads on. All feedback taken here gets sent to the appropriate team and we consider it when prioritizing fixes and updates.

One thing is certain, we have not given up on The Division community in any way. In the weeks to come, we have a lot of great things to talk about and I look forward to the work ahead.

Hang in there, agents.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by snafup Go to original post
    "We would love to hear from you but are busy bees and can unfortunately not answer all emails. Game ideas are great, but keep them to yourself, we only use in-house creativity..."

http://www.massive.se/contact/

It does literally say that.Click the link.Basically shut up with your ideas cause we don't care.
    This is not a contact for feedback or support issues. The statement there is a way to protect players from sharing their great game ideas for new and interesting projects. For The Division feedback and ideas, these forums are the primary place to share that type of feedback. For support issues, support.ubi.com.

Ground-Hugger's Avatar Senior Member
    I stopped caring about the grind and progression and found a group of players who want to have FUN FIRST and the progression has taken care of its self. I now have all the UG lintel have reached GS255 with GOOD gear that allows me to do any mission but it's fun first and no one gets pi$$$3d off and rage quits or kicks anyone for causing a wipe. We play to have fun first and foremost.

Originally Posted by mattshotcha Go to original post
    One thing is certain, we have not given up on The Division community in any way. In the weeks to come, we have a lot of great things to talk about and I look forward to the work ahead.
    Doesn't matter if you've given up on us. We've given up on you. We've held out for over six months. By the time the dev team gets it's **** together
    you'll be populating the DZ with tumble weeds.