Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Honest Feelings about The Division and the Developers | Forums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up My Honest Feelings about The Division and the Developers

Massive/Ubi,

What the hell are you all doing? Week after week, more and more "Known Issues" are being added with maybe... MAYBE.... 1 or two fixes a week. What is your company doing? We, as your dwindling player base DESERVE ANSWERS. As you're probably aware (or maybe not), we own you. Without us, the players, there is no you. Without us, all of your profits are gone. Brand loyalty is gone. Trust, is gone. Your fan base, GONE.

Here are a few tips for expanding your developer/employee budget: Stop wasting money on these cheap ***, no worth videos you release weekly. Stop wasting money on E-blasts to tell me about these cheap ***, no worth videos you release weekly. JUST. STOP. People rarely watch these videos, and now, players are even rarely doing the assignments that come with them! Move on. It was a good try, but your focus is needed elsewhere.

If you want to save this game, try these: Stop promising new content when your current state of the game is worse than Beta. Stop promising fixes when they don't work or introduce new bugs (TEST YOUR FIXES). Get new, COMPETENT, employees who know what they're doing and tell us what is going on.

Over and over, more topics repeat the same problems and frustrations with players. Over and over, our frustrations are met with silence or one sentence "promises" from a Community Manager. I don't blame him, as he probably isn't told anything. He is the front line and he's trying to put out forest fires with a squirt gun.

I had such hope for this game. I had such hope. I played Battlefield 4 on the P.C. That game was awful at launch and for months to come. That was the one thing that kept me playing the Division. It eventually got fixed. Weekly fixes, that worked, weekly updates that actually told us something, and fixes for the current, rather than new content. But now? Well, for anyone who played BF4 on the PC you know how bad it was. But now, The Division has topped it. Bad from the start, bad in the current, and no information on it's future.

I hope you're proud. You had a great concept and threw it away. And now, you're not even going to be able to reap the hype and benefits of a Movie based on The Division. So unless you get on your game and put ALL of your resources into fixing this game.... well, you're already seeing the consequences.

My Honest Feelings,
    -Darth (Ryan)

The last time i remember the devs don't care what happens to the game just move one to different game

this stutter and lag is the most ridiculous. i can deal with most of the other glitches

Yep completely agree!
    Just wasted 3 evenings playing (or trying to play) underground. 466k toughness and 1 shotgunner takes all 4 of us down with one shot!! Eh? WTF?? No one is in normal map anymore so dragons nest matchmaking was a waste of time, massacred in DZ, massacred in underground with no hope of progression! I mean WHAT IS THE POINT?
    I generally buy games to have fun and enjoy the experience but I honestly can't say I'm having fun or enjoying the experience at the moment. And that ain't right.
    I really don't want to see this game go down the toilet but unless something is done then that's where it's going to end up!!

I remember on one of the batman games.there was a post.no more fixes we are working on dlc(to sell you).
    I can see that happening here very soon.
    Infact I think it has already happened.they just don't have the balls to tell us.

Lag
    no progression path
    and a difficulty that doesnt allow the mentioned lag and compensation thereof by skill

everything is honed towards the highest skill the highest dps and the highest toughness, making it impossible for a normal player to have fun.
    Division in its current state is sheer frustration apart from a VERY tiny group of hardcoreplayers in the US that have lesser lag and have a ready made 4 player team to
    farm the 4 horsemen to finalize their build to gank other players in the darkzone..

Ubisoft ; in its current state the game has failed..

- grab a lesson from Diablo III and introduce a slow lane path where players can EASILY grind towards high end gear..
    - rehault the whole PK section and make it a PvP section with 4v4 and 8v8 maps and have the player chose a side before they enter..
    - have different loadouts for PvE and PvP so that you can blance them independent from each other, Destiny and warframe have both shown that a combined PvE and PvP gear pool just doesnt work.
    - have different difgficulty settings for activities and let the player chose what they want to play , get it from Diablo III with its torment levels..
    - have loot being oriented at the player level and not at the activities level. Destiny made this step after many faliures.. you should, too

- have a clear comuncation about what is worked on and when the ETD is .. and where you put NO work into at the moment..
    - have a documentation in game where to find which gear item and whats the possibility to get it there.

- stop the lag.. do everything possible to stop the lag, it makes the game unplayable.. honestly it does..
    - dont scale enemies.. ! if a npc has 1000 HP dont scale it to 2000 HP once another player enters.. it ruins the time to kill no matter how you look at it.. add more enemies, yes but do NOT
    make them stronger.. its rarely that two players shoot the same npc at the same time.. and it should not be a requirement to take them down before they dance on your shoes..

- add STORY!.. Main mistake of Destiny, dont make the same.. story belongs IN the game and needs progression like a series in TV .. add another episode IN the game every week..

around that, build your product and have the value chain progressing..

I have been playing tonight "trying" to level up my 3rd character to 30..., but the game keeps crashing every 10 or 15 minutes. I has crashed at least 10 times...., so I have given up.
    Same **** yesterday.
    The potential for this game was massive..., but it's obvious that the "Powers to be" know better than us playing what we should be happy with..., because I don't think they have listened to one piece of criticism.
    I don't even bother with the DZ anymore..., haven't gone in there for a couple of months...., total waste of time. I can only seeing me playing this game another week or so.., then its time to find a new game. Damm shame.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_.Kangaroo View Post
    I have been playing tonight "trying" to level up my 3rd character to 30..., but the game keeps crashing every 10 or 15 minutes. I has crashed at least 10 times...., so I have given up.
    Same **** yesterday.
    The potential for this game was massive..., but it's obvious that the "Powers to be" know better than us playing what we should be happy with..., because I don't think they have listened to one piece of criticism.
    I don't even bother with the DZ anymore..., haven't gone in there for a couple of months...., total waste of time. I can only seeing me playing this game another week or so.., then its time to find a new game. Damm shame.

Cheers
    Thrird character? I haven't even created a second. No point. This is the first RPG I've played that I said "No" to creating multiple characters. Grinding the same crap daily is bad enough. Multiple times a day? LOL. NOPE.

I have reverted back to Playing HALO 5 and strangely enough, a game I haven't played since I was 8 years old...Pokemon The Trading Card Game (Online). I find more joy in playing with 3d cards with pictures on them than the crap that is The Division.

It's so sad. I met 20 friends on my XBOX Friends List from the Division. Do you want to know how many of them play now? None. Literally none of those I met in the Division still play.

"We would love to hear from you but are busy bees and can unfortunately not answer all emails. Game ideas are great, but keep them to yourself, we only use in-house creativity..."

http://www.massive.se/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by FangGT View Post
    "We would love to hear from you but are busy bees and can unfortunately not answer all emails. Game ideas are great, but keep them to yourself, we only use in-house creativity..."

http://www.massive.se/contact/
    For a moment, I thought that literally said that on their website. LOL.

So a month since the last update/fix/etc. Maybe they gave up? Or maybe they're giving us the silent treatment in hoping we'll apologize. Don't hold your breath Ubi/Massive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast