Thread: CANT GET IN TOP OF MAIN TOWER | Forums

WELL, HERE I AM AGAIN. THIS IS GETTING SERIOUSLY
    FRUSTRATING. I CANNOT GET INTO TOP OF MAIN TOWER
    NO MATTER WHAT I DO. WHEN GAME FIRST STARTS, I FOLLOW SAAVEDRO TO JNANIN.I REALIZE OUTSIDE DOOR IS LOCKED, SO I GO TO LAGOON AND ENTER THE HOUSE AND GO INTO THE LAB. I RAISE THE ELEVATOR TO THE TOP AND ENTER THE HOLE UNDERNEATH. NO MATTER WHAT MY SETTINGS ARE, AND I THINK THEY ARE RIGHT, I THEN BRING DOWN THE ELEVATOR AND GO TO TOP FOR THE FIRST TIME. THE SCREEN MOVES TO SAAVEDRO ENTERING THE GALLERY, AND HE" ASKS IF
    I'M ATRUS AND HAVE I COME FOR THE BOOK, AND TELLS ME NOT YET. THEN THE EGG-SHAPED OBJECT RAISES UP. FROM THIS POINT ON, NO MATTER WHAT MY SETTINGS, I CANNOT ENTER INTO GALLERY, AND IVE TRIED ABOUT 20 DIFFEREBT COMBOS. SOMETHING IS WRONG. IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD. BAD DISK??
    I,VE SOLVED THE OTHER TUSK DOORS AND TRIED THE MARBLE COMBOS, BUT UNTIL I CAN GET INTO TOP, IM
    STUCK ON J'NANIN. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
    TIRED OF ELEVATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

WELL, HERE I AM AGAIN. THIS IS GETTING SERIOUSLY
    FRUSTRATING. I CANNOT GET INTO TOP OF MAIN TOWER
    NO MATTER WHAT I DO. WHEN GAME FIRST STARTS, I FOLLOW SAAVEDRO TO JNANIN.I REALIZE OUTSIDE DOOR IS LOCKED, SO I GO TO LAGOON AND ENTER THE HOUSE AND GO INTO THE LAB. I RAISE THE ELEVATOR TO THE TOP AND ENTER THE HOLE UNDERNEATH. NO MATTER WHAT MY SETTINGS ARE, AND I THINK THEY ARE RIGHT, I THEN BRING DOWN THE ELEVATOR AND GO TO TOP FOR THE FIRST TIME. THE SCREEN MOVES TO SAAVEDRO ENTERING THE GALLERY, AND HE" ASKS IF
    I'M ATRUS AND HAVE I COME FOR THE BOOK, AND TELLS ME NOT YET. THEN THE EGG-SHAPED OBJECT RAISES UP. FROM THIS POINT ON, NO MATTER WHAT MY SETTINGS, I CANNOT ENTER INTO GALLERY, AND IVE TRIED ABOUT 20 DIFFEREBT COMBOS. SOMETHING IS WRONG. IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD. BAD DISK??
    I,VE SOLVED THE OTHER TUSK DOORS AND TRIED THE MARBLE COMBOS, BUT UNTIL I CAN GET INTO TOP, IM
    STUCK ON J'NANIN. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
    TIRED OF ELEVATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you describe your elevator settings in detail?

Pendulums: left, middle, right. Which ones are at the top, middle or bottom?

Gears: How are the cogs aligned?

Peg-like thing (sorry I don't have a better name for it ): Is it in toward the little gear or out toward you?

Thing with 3 ends (again with the name!): How many have the "threaded end" facing in toward the second piece and how many have it facing out?

are some true words of wisdom,
    like "la la la la la la la la la."

Princess, I think you already helped the player yesterday. You even got thanked.

Oops! I thought this was a new post *blush*. Thanks, Bob!

Princess, my apologies. This is a new post, I didn't realize this was the third post in a row.

Guess I will go away before I commit any more senior moments.

@Bob! Well I didn't even bother to read the time stamp. At least you can call it a "senior moment" -- what can I blame my error on?

PENDULUMS: ACCORDING TO DRAWING, LEFT IS LOWER THAN TWO ON RIGHT. IF THIS IS SO, THERE ARE ONLY TWO POSITIONS TO CHOOSE. LEFT PEND. AT BOTTOM AND CENETR PEND. AND RIGHT PEND. ARE AT THEIR MIDDLE SLOTS. ALSO, IF LEFT PEND. IS AT ITS MIDDLE SLOT, THEN THE CENTER PEND. AND THE RIGHT PEND. ARE AT THE TOP OF THEIR SLOTS.

STEERING WHEEL(WITH THREADED GEARS) : ONE OF THE THREADED GEARS IS TURNED INWARD, AND THE OTHER TWO ARE FACING OUTWARD. I HAVE THE ONE WITH THE THREADED GEAR FACING ME (LOOKING OUT OF OPENING)

PIN WITH GEAR: I HAVE THE PIN INTO THE GEAR, NOT FACING OUT

THE TURNING COGS: AS THE PICTURE SHOWS, I HAVE ONE OF THE COGS IN THE RIGHT WHEEL ALIGNED WITH THE OPENING IN THE LEFT WHEEL

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP. APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. GETTING TIRED OF STUCK IN ELEVATOR

RINGGOLD 7

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RINGGOLD7:
    PENDULUMS: ACCORDING TO DRAWING, LEFT IS LOWER THAN TWO ON RIGHT. IF THIS IS SO, THERE ARE ONLY TWO POSITIONS TO CHOOSE. LEFT PEND. AT BOTTOM AND CENETR PEND. AND RIGHT PEND. ARE AT THEIR MIDDLE SLOTS.

Yep.

STEERING WHEEL(WITH THREADED GEARS) : ONE OF THE THREADED GEARS IS TURNED INWARD, AND THE OTHER TWO ARE FACING OUTWARD. I HAVE THE ONE WITH THE THREADED GEAR FACING ME (LOOKING OUT OF OPENING)

Yep.

PIN WITH GEAR: I HAVE THE PIN INTO THE GEAR, NOT FACING OUT

Try the other position.

THE TURNING COGS: AS THE PICTURE SHOWS, I HAVE ONE OF THE COGS IN THE RIGHT WHEEL ALIGNED WITH THE OPENING IN THE LEFT WHEEL

Yep.

Hope this helps!

First off Ringgold7, please don't start another thread for every problem you encounter, you can continue to add to an existing thread

Secondly, take you caps lock off, use upper and lower case letters when typing. All caps is considered shouting.

Now you problem. Most people think they have the pendulums set according to the picture in the book but have one not quit right. Even though you think you have the shorter one in the correct position, you may not. I'd try readjusting the short pendulum even shorter, and recheck the other two.

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer.
    Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer.