Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't believe SCPT doesn't support a major NViia card! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Sorry, Admin, but this sucks! Pixelshader or not, the 128Mb GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X is still a popularly used card....am I getting old or something or does anyone else think its crazy (and very short-sighted for sales) to exclude compatability for an adapter card which I only purchased last summer?

Bitterly disappointed! Guess I'll never get to see how great PT could have been....it's going to the second hand Games Exchange tomorrow, unplayed! (I'm damn sure I ain't gonna buy a new card yet when there are so many great new titles that give stunning performance with my card)

Back to Call of Duty......

cheers, A Bitter and Twisted Gamer
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Sorry, Admin, but this sucks! Pixelshader or not, the 128Mb GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X is still a popularly used card....am I getting old or something or does anyone else think its crazy (and very short-sighted for sales) to exclude compatability for an adapter card which I only purchased last summer?

Bitterly disappointed! Guess I'll never get to see how great PT could have been....it's going to the second hand Games Exchange tomorrow, unplayed! (I'm damn sure I ain't gonna buy a new card yet when there are so many great new titles that give stunning performance with my card)

Back to Call of Duty......

cheers, A Bitter and Twisted Gamer

Ok, first things first, what you have is not a major nVidia card, it's the bottom line of the GF4 series. It is simply a modified Geforce 2, as a matter of fact, it doesn't even support DX 8.1! Quit kidding yourself and get a real gaming card, not a joke.

<a><center>My system:

AMD 64 3400+ @ 2.31Ghz
    1 gig of Corsair TwinX DDR PC3200 RAM
    Radeon 9800 Pro video w/TV out core @450, mem @735
    Windows XP SP 1
    Microsoft Directx 9.0b
    Antec TruePower TrueBlue True480 PSU
    SB Audigy 2 ZS
    LiteOn DVD+/-RW drive
    Plexwriter CD-RW
    Maxtor Diamond 9 160GB SATA hdd
    Westerndigital 40 gig, 100 gig harddrives
    Asus K8T800 mainboard
    Creative 5.1 surround system
    Swiftech liquid cooling system

Additional PC version help:

http://www.pcgamessource.com

<font color=ff0000>XIII/Splinter Cell Tech/Beyond Good and Evil Tech Mods</font color=ff0000></a>
    Drop me an Email</center>
    <a><center>My system:

AMD 64 3400+ @ 2.31Ghz
    1 gig of Corsair TwinX DDR PC3200 RAM
    Radeon X800 XT 256
    Windows XP SP 2
    Antec TruePower TrueBlue True480 PSU
    SB Audigy 2 ZS
    LiteOn DVD+/-RW drive
    Plexwriter CD-RW
    160, 100, and 40GB harddrives

Err, yes it does support DX8.1....I'm running DX9 with no problems!

No skin off my nose, buddy, just making the point how many others are not going to buy this game because they have this card? Why support a GeForce4 family and not one particular card in that family?

I turn over 100+ fps on CoD multiplayer, with game video settings set to trilinear, high, 1280x768, etc. Smoother and better fps than many colleagues with Geforce6, Radeon 9600, etc.

I did appreciate your swift reply though, thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Headcase11:
    Err, yes it does support DX8.1....I'm running DX9 with no problems!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to undersyand that there's a difference between being able to use DX9 and DX9 being fully supported!
    I've got a Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4600, and it runs pt smoothly, but it doesnt support DX9! However, that doesn't mean DX9 is useless for me. I've got DX9b installed, and it runs like a dream!

And Gnogtr's right: your card is old! Sorry to say so, but the 4 MX is basically just a tweakes GF 2, like our admin told you already!

-----------------------------
    Lambert:"If you raise that sub yourself, you're going to bring up a lot of Darah Dan Doa, who won't be happy to see you."
    Fisher:"You're underestimating my charm."

Lambert:"If you raise that sub yourself, you're going to bring up a lot of Darah Dan Doa, who won't be happy to see you."
    Fisher:"You're underesti

God Damn IT! So you guys are saying I wuz robbed, then, buying the GF4 MX last summer for the princely sum of 140 USD?

OK, OK, I give in.....(this game better be worth it!)

What should I get now then? If you had to compare the FX5600 chipset with, say, a Radeon 9800 pro, which one will give me the best performance (for at least 18 months LOL)

Who puts the best card together? Both Leadtek and Asus do a FX5600 128MB for around 120 GBP.

Connect 3D's Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb comes out at 154 GBP, but their 9600 Pro 256Mb is only 75 GBP. Is it better to go for a higher chipset or more DDR?

Cheers,

Still somewhat bitter, but now confused too!

Banned
    FX5600 vs. 9800 Pro. 9800 will definitely win!

Evos Army-Alpha Team Leader/Ranger.

1st off Radeons are better overall in my opinion. 2nd, a 9800 pro would kick a 5600's ***, whether it has 256mb or not. Ive had both cards belive it or not recently, and the 9800 pro gives me so much more FPS. When its overclocked it reaches 5,500 in 3Dmark 03 compared to the 5600 which barely gets over 2,500.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I turn over 100+ fps on CoD multiplayer, with game video settings set to trilinear, high, 1280x768, etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    100FPS in CoD MP with everything maxed out 1280x768 seems slightly untrue as i have everything maxed out a 1024x768 and average is 50FPS and that is with a 9800pro overclocked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Smoother and better fps than many colleagues with Geforce6, Radeon 9600, etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better FPS than a 6800? dont make me laugh, also 9600 beats a GF4 hands down.

-845PE-ANT Intel
    -Pentium 4 2.4ghz
    -512MB PC3200
    -Connect3D ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (4.4)
    -160GB 7200RPM IBM
    -Liteon 52x CD-RW, Liteon 16X48 DVD ROM
    -Microsoft Optical Mouse
    -Windows XP Pro SP1 (DX 9.0b)
    -15" TFT Monitor

OK, I'm getting nearer....

The Connect3D 9800 pro 128Mb looks like the favorite based on your suggestion ESP_Ozzie - thanks. I know that there is a new 9800 XT out now, but budget ain't gonna stretch to that!

I kid you not about the CoD FPS (I'm after some help and advice here - what would be the point in me giving bull info?) - was on a 28 player Outlaws server last night, and consistently had 100fps average (at the setting given above) and interestingly also suffered none of the lags that the other guys were experiencing. They were pulling in mid 70's on 9600s and GF6s...I ruled LOL!

Hence you see the whole point of my frustration and confusion that started this forum thread - "why fix it when it don't seem broke?"

Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I know that there is a new 9800 XT out now, but budget ain't gonna stretch to that!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 9800 pro can be easily overclocked to the 9800XT, apart from the proper 9800XT has 256mb memory, but 256mb is pointless at the moment for gaming. 128mb will do just fine

-845PE-ANT Intel
    -Pentium 4 2.4ghz
    -512MB PC3200
    -Connect3D ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (4.4)
    -160GB 7200RPM IBM
    -Liteon 52x CD-RW, Liteon 16X48 DVD ROM
    -Microsoft Optical Mouse
    -Windows XP Pro SP1 (DX 9.0b)
    -15" TFT Monitor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast