Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's not easy being good.... | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

... Cause everybody runs away once they see you.

In this special world, that is splinter cell multiplayer, there seems to be some special common behaivour among players.
    You only loose once to a better player, and you leave the game.... Or as i like to say. "Pwn them and they leave."

About 90% of all the games i play, has my oppenments leaving my server. If not midgame, then right after it ends. What's up with that?
    Is it because players consider my skills so good, that i must be cheating?

Let's take a few examples.
    Just today, over the last hour i joined two games to play.
    First game had me as a Merc, litterarly slaughering some Dutch players in hospital... Right after the game was over, i got a message from punkbuster telling me i was permantly banned from the server.
    Okay... so that is one way of getting rid of the competition.

Next up, i was playing against two "DM"(Deathmatch, as in kill the mercs, avoid the objectives) spies. First round in hospital i was not expecting such an aggresiv behavoir, so me and my partner quickly got our necks broken.
    Next round in deftech... i was prepared...
    They still went right ahead with shooting, and using cameras to get close... But i was jumping around like a mad, and always had my back so safe, which meant they never got me choked... After having killed them around 6 times, they returned to the lobby and asked me to leave, cause i was impossible to grab for them... 30 secs later i got kicked out, while they were laughing over the mic...

Being a veteran Thievery Ut player i KNOW how to deal with dm'ers, i KNOW how to listen after sounds, i KNOW exactly where spies would be hiding and lastly i KNOW where to place traps so spies will run head first into them...
    All these years old skills are apperently to much for most people.

But is the way people are dealing with the problem the right way? Shouldn't we be taking up the challenge and proving the skilled players, that they are not as good as they might think they are?...

And do tell me i'm not the only one who is experiencing this kind of behaviuor.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

... Cause everybody runs away once they see you.

In this special world, that is splinter cell multiplayer, there seems to be some special common behaivour among players.
    You only loose once to a better player, and you leave the game.... Or as i like to say. "Pwn them and they leave."

About 90% of all the games i play, has my oppenments leaving my server. If not midgame, then right after it ends. What's up with that?
    Is it because players consider my skills so good, that i must be cheating?

Let's take a few examples.
    Just today, over the last hour i joined two games to play.
    First game had me as a Merc, litterarly slaughering some Dutch players in hospital... Right after the game was over, i got a message from punkbuster telling me i was permantly banned from the server.
    Okay... so that is one way of getting rid of the competition.

Next up, i was playing against two "DM"(Deathmatch, as in kill the mercs, avoid the objectives) spies. First round in hospital i was not expecting such an aggresiv behavoir, so me and my partner quickly got our necks broken.
    Next round in deftech... i was prepared...
    They still went right ahead with shooting, and using cameras to get close... But i was jumping around like a mad, and always had my back so safe, which meant they never got me choked... After having killed them around 6 times, they returned to the lobby and asked me to leave, cause i was impossible to grab for them... 30 secs later i got kicked out, while they were laughing over the mic...

Being a veteran Thievery Ut player i KNOW how to deal with dm'ers, i KNOW how to listen after sounds, i KNOW exactly where spies would be hiding and lastly i KNOW where to place traps so spies will run head first into them...
    All these years old skills are apperently to much for most people.

But is the way people are dealing with the problem the right way? Shouldn't we be taking up the challenge and proving the skilled players, that they are not as good as they might think they are?...

And do tell me i'm not the only one who is experiencing this kind of behaviuor.

i havent played a single ranked match yet,cos i know that if i start to win the opposition will leave

<center>

Halo Babies. You won't find anything madder...not even the Chief

You are not alone.

When me and Iryxian play online, a whopping majority of the players leave the server after they get killed. I think most people are relatively new to the game since it was recently released. Hopefully more skilled competitors will start popping up here and there.

I agree with you. Thre's also a lot of players that quit just because they get killed once..

Conflict in interest? No... I got interest in conflict.
    Now known as "Tesla7zap_"

SCPT: Tesla7zap
    XFire: Tesla7zap

And that's not funny if there are only 4 players :/
    Mess with The Best, die like the rest.

This is really starting to get frustating....

The idea of having 2vs2 players is good... in theory.
    The fact that there is no option for dedicated server means that whenever you play on someones server, and you start to own the host they either get frustrated and quits... or kick/ban you.
    Best option is to host your own server... But players still leave.

I find this behaviour really weird actually...
    Looking at the other (and first) stealth game Thievery UT, that with it's small community, and a few dedicated servers have been going for almost 2 years now...
    This game has rounds lasting between 20 and 40 minutes for a normal game, yet people will normally be playing at least 2 rounds.
    Winning or loosing means virtually nothing... Everyone just says GG, and gets ready for the next round (where players will normally switch side.)

So just what is causing this players leaving?
    Personally i think one problem may be that the game is... Unbalanced, as in players are overpowered... A good merc can locate a spy if he makes the slightest sound... This includes climbing on objects, running, sticky camera and whole lot more. It's insanely easy for a merc to locate a spy and blow him away before he even gets near the objectives...
    This is no fun for a spy, and sure there are counters and all, but unless a player is a real pro he won't stand a chance...
    This is bad game design. Why would i want to play unless i have a chance?
    In Thievery even the best of the best player can be stopped by a rookie.
    This gives everyone a chance, and makes the game fun to play...

Can this be fixed in Splinter Cell? I doubt it... The game was designed with overpowered mercs (seriously, the sound locate is nice... But it more or less picks up sound you cant hear.) And EMF will allow you to locate every single new player, making them go "WTF? Wallhack!"

The spies also need nerfing... The focus should be on infiltration, and disabling the ND133's... Not to see who can get the most necks broken.
    Also, 5 grenades? Isn't that a bit much...
    When thievery was first released, Thieves could buy a sword that matched the sword of the guards. There were thieves that did nothing but get a sword and go toe to toe with guards. Furthermore thieves had a blackjack, that would knock guards out... only guards never woke up.
    In the patches released this was fixed by nerfing the sword, making it a very poor way of spending your money, furthermore guards (and AI guards), would wake up after a set time, or if another guard woke them up.
    This shifted focus towards getting in and do the objectives...
    Thievery's only real problem is that there are alot of guards, and they can easily camp an objectiv, sometimes making it very hard to get.

Oh dear... i've gone of on a sidetrack again...
    Anyways, make the game fun to play for both new players and old players. Even if against each other.

Yeah, me and my friend always play together with a mic (we know eachother IRL). We win EVERY round and we are playing each day over 6 hours a day. We have never lost so far lol. This makes people leave however

Over and Out.

/Rob

Over and Out.

/Rob

I just don't see anyway around this, due to the nature of the game - and as you say it's not like you can absorb players leaving as you would with 32 players on a server.

RZL is right though, the game has only been released recently and many are still finding their feet. Those who will stay are those who want to learn, and the way to keep them both on the server and in the game in general is to encourage that.

So, if you find yourself obviously a more skillful player, try the following;

- don't do anything that could be viewed as an exploit or even "unsporting", even if you would consider it legitimate against a player of equal ability.

- don't taunt

- offer advice, some people will listen. Don't keep giving it if they don't want it.

- balance teams. If you and your buddy are up against a couple of new players, don't keep beating them up for the sake of it - one of you play spy, the other merc. Rob444_ is a classic example - of course people leave ! Unless you find another pair who play together the same way (as in a ladder, maybe), it's inevitable.

Above all, encourage new players. In many cases the "blame" lies not with those leaving, but those who "persuaded" them to go.

Yeah but me and my friend hate to play vs eachother and we want to practice our teamwork

Over and Out.

/Rob

Over and Out.

/Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast