Thread: G36 Nerf Discussion | Forums

Originally Posted by thearchaic1 Go to original post
    Mine is still over 200k even when focused is deactivated and mine is a 204. I also have brutal and deadly on it and being geared for pulses I can do even more damage with focused deactivated. So I use it when I have to, other wise I stay close to the tactician in the group. Even with focused deactivated, my pulse and his smart cover, I can crack 300k. For people to say that it's not a viable weapon anymore, they are drama queens. You can even roll out focused if you have two other really good talents on it, and still have a powerful, stable, accurate assault rifle with the highest base damage in the game. What's wrong with that?
    PPl are drama queens and whiners because they had for a short time, a broken weapon with huge dps, no spread and no recoil. Finally their lack of skill ( in terms of controlling fire, shooting in bursts, aiming properly ) was compensated by a broken weapon. As soon as Massive fixed it, the whiners went back to their average shooting skills and the drama started.

It is still a good AR, but I always preferred SCAR - L, because is more stable and easy to control. On SCAR I have almost 40% crit chance because I don't have to use accuracy/stability mods exclusively, the weapon itself is accurate and stable enough if you know how to control fire.

With SCAR + smart cover I reach 305k DPS which I think is fair considering I'm a reclaimer support with 38k SP and no tactician pieces. With the ond broken G 36 I could have reached like at least 400k DPS, in smart cover, which for a support class was OP as hell.

Originally Posted by Hugo-FOU Go to original post
    I've been wondering the same about all the guys that keep saying that. Are you actually taking the drop off from the Focused talent deactivating into account?

Best G36 I have with best mods 202,000 DPS
    Or when Focused is deactivated 174,000 DPS
    Best SCAR, same mods 204,000 DPS Always.
    My other ARs range from 185,000 to 202,000.

Which again is why I say the Focused talent isn't doing what it should and providing BONUS damage.
    Your dps numbers doesn't mean anything as they take weapon talents into account.
    To compare weapons you have to look at bullet damage, rpm and stability/accuracy.

@the guy who complains about buffed AI:
    They did not buff them at all. They added new brackets and new AI levels but the old AI still exist in the 200-231 bracket. When the AI is too tough for you soloing dz, reduce your gs and play there.

Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by N.erdbeer Go to original post
    Your dps numbers doesn't mean anything as they take weapon talents into account.
    To compare weapons you have to look at bullet damage, rpm and stability/accuracy.

@the guy who complains about buffed AI:
    They did not buff them at all. They added new brackets and new AI levels but the old AI still exist in the 200-231 bracket. When the AI is too tough for you soloing dz, reduce your gs and play there.
    I have looked at damage per bullet, and the G36s I have are down without the extra damage granted by Focused.
    And DPS is an indicator. If the DPS on my SCAR was higher but I couldn't put shots on target I'd say so. My SCAR and my best 36 both have Destructive, both do 20% armour damage. My 36 has extra damage at range, my SCAR extra damage close up. Third talent on my SCAR is sustained. So the only talent inflating effective DPS is Focused.

My point is still that the way Focused works is pointless since the nerf. It provides a damage penalty for using skills, rather than a bonus for not.

And too those smart people that suggest rolling it off the weapon, I suggest you think that through.
    If my DPS is 202,000 with Focused and 174,000 without it, removing it will mean my DPS is always 174,000!
    Removing it altogether solves nothing!

Force58's Avatar Senior Member
    I am wondering whether you guys can compare the weapons properly.
    When you combine rpm and bullet dmg, the G36 is still superior to any other AR.
    You are correct that it is better than any other AR, however, its only better within 4 F'ing meters. Alot of good that does. Ubi really F'd up this time.

Force58's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thearchaic1 Go to original post
    And yet you sound like all of the kids complaining on this forum. I don't know what your G36 was like before they did the nerf, but mine has not seen any problems with its stability or its accuracy. if anyone should be ashamed, it should be you just for acting like a child.

And thank you for beta testing the underground for the PS players. It should be working a lot better by the time that we get it.
    You must not be using a G36 if you see no issues with the stability or accuracy. Mine was rock solid from a stability perspective and I could hit at range with no problem. Now my options are 4-5 meters or less, otherwise it sprays like a fire hose with nobody handling it.

And I'm sorry if I'm not happy with this ********. I've encountered every single issue this game has offered up since launch. If you haven't, you're lucky. I've got 7 trouble tickets out with Ubisoft Tech Support, with none resolved as of this response. Sometimes you reach a point where it's too much, this is one of those times for me. Ubi has to understand how frustrated we are. I had an awesome weapon that took me until level 17 in the UG to actually obtain. Then, within days of getting it, they nerf it, twice!!! If you can't understand that then there's nothing else I can say that will get through to you.

P00K's Avatar Senior Member
    When someone struggles to find an upgrade for a gs163 item, then they aren't trying hard enough. Any lvl32+ npc can drop better items.
    Except that they don't. Sure, maybe my 163 has a really good roll and really good talents. But frankly I agree with part of your statement... it shouldn't be this hard to find something that's an upgrade over a 163.