Thread: G36 Nerf Discussion | Forums

Originally Posted by PonasJuliusLT Go to original post
    As a player coming from Destiny I can confirm that The Division got its inspiration from so called "Loot Caves" in Destiny. Long long time ago a lot of players would stand in one place staring at a cave and waiting for enemies to re-spawn every minute so they could kill them and get loot. Hours and hours and hours. This is The Underground . The main thing you do is get aggro, fall back, stare at a tunnel and pew pew from there. The team work begins and ends with staying together so you could revive your constantly dying allies who get one shot.

Quote of the year: "Run! Fall back!". This should be implemented in the game as the only available voice command - no others are actually needed.

Tip of the year: If your cover is about to get surrounded, run and roll to the closest ally so he could revive you. Its not like you are going to survive one shot kills on the way right?

A suggestion for developers: Create an achievement "The Crawler. 2 miles crawled in a single match". Another one could be "Oh my God! They killed Kenny! Die at least 20 times in a match". The bad thing is that most of the players would get both without even intentionally trying.

I think in upcoming patches we should see rubber bullets: "You do 75% less damage with any weapon. The bullets also ricochet from surfaces and enemies doing damage to you and your team mates. Also a new difficulty "Superhero" where every hit you take makes you go blind.

Stupid things aside, The Division is made to burn your time to the ground. If you want to have multiple high end sets, you are going to have a bad time. The ONLY reason they are nerfing weapons in PvE is the clear times. If they see that many groups are clearing activities way too fast and don't wipe, its bad: you get your loot faster, your gear score goes up faster, you finish the game faster - not cool! The irony is that most of people are not. I think the developers regret their decision about Underground Caches because this is a pretty fast way to get 229/268 gear. Since G36 was the main weapon used, they nerfed it and tried to hide the fact that they also nerfed its accuracy and stability.

So in conclusion: if you guys expect them to buff you in PvE, you are completely wrong. Everything is beatable and relatively easy if you play in a skilled highly cooperative group of friends. So the hard end game is focused around 5% of the player base while the rest will suffer from boring and extremely slow grind. They are crippling those 95% so they could slow these 5% down. At least I think so.
    Nope you actually made a lot of sense.
    I can matchmake into a group of above 240 GS of players and clear heroic incursion CS in less than 15 mins tops. We dont even need to be in cover that much. I am 230 GS btw. But if i am put into average player GS 220 and above, we could take twice the time or people leave halfway when we die the first or two times.

So basically, the high 240-260 players are those who already been in DZ, farm the **** out of it before most rogue turn up and now farming on heroic which is safer and easier, they are the 5-10%. While those 200-230 players are those crippling to get a decent upgrade cause, is pretty tough to beat heroic incursion and is also pretty tough to survive in DZ too. That the other 90-95%.

Titannium_'s Avatar Senior Member
    to be at least a lil correct.

i admit, it still has +10% base damage compared to ALL other AR... thats fact.

/thread

hoysey71's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    About the Accuracy/Stability change; yes, it seems to have been an intended change that we (as in the community team) weren't made aware of. This one's down to internal miscommunication I'm afraid. Nothing more I can say about it
    the ****ing incompetence of this company is astounding!

Im either smart or totally stupid. as before 1.3 we all knew the G36 was overpowered and would get nerfed. - so for that reason I did not use it at all. - as like many of you now, are bitter about it (rightly so) - so for me now, its like a new weapon and I dont have the OP version to compare it too.

However, seems like from reading the thread I could of used it for a week or so to get ahead : )

Anyway. - as always I see the bigger picture, and Im sure the devs know what they are doing......................right?

Massive and Ubisoft at it's best, ahahaha.
    Honestly this is the most ridiculous handling of a game I've ever seen in decades.

No more Stealth Nerfs? Yeah... We've seen that now how trustworthy you guys are.

Tons of Bugs and Glitches are still a problem. etc yada yada

"We are no idiots and know what we're doing" Yeah... That statement is as false as could be.

Well, lesson learned, you guys are even worse than EA and that's quite the achievment.

Don't agree with the nerfed G36. I had a wonderful time while it lasted but 233k to 190k something. No fun.

orthow's Avatar Senior Member
    The unmentioned recoil and stability changes are what piss me off. We all knew a damage nerf was inbound but then they also screw up the handling and conveniently leave that bit out so as to not outrage even more people.

Just read the SOTG and they are monitoring all the negative feedback on the G36 nerf - these morons don't understand PR at all lol

Originally Posted by orthow Go to original post
    The unmentioned recoil and stability changes are what piss me off. We all knew a damage nerf was inbound but then they also screw up the handling and conveniently leave that bit out so as to not outrage even more people.

Just read the SOTG and they are monitoring all the negative feedback on the G36 nerf - these morons don't understand PR at all lol
    Exactly, I got a good 204 G36 and *expected* the damage to be nerfed because we were told it would be. To have it nerfed with added stealth nerfing adds insult to injury.

I'll say it again: the logic of nerfing OP weapons, gear sets, skills, etc. etc. falls flat when under powered (and unused, because we all know which ones they are) weapons/gear sets/skills/etc are NEVER buffed.

You can't make a logical argument that the devs are trying to balance the game out with their stated intentions without considering this. They are *trying* to make players weaker offensively.

Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch Go to original post
    Wooosh.

The vector and aug SMGs were nerfed by 10%, that nerf was not because they were too strong in pve. It was clearly a pvp change that affected pve as well.
    The G36 was nerfed by 15%, along with an accuracy and stability nerf.
    They then turn around and buff pvp gun damage by 20%, which nullifies those previous nerfs on the pvp side of things, while still leaving them nerfed on the pve side of things.
    Enemies actually got stronger with the dark zone change and the new difficulty, but left the guns nerfed. Do you understand yet how pve players got screwed here?

This doesn't even include the set item changes that were because of pvp, that again affected pve players.
    Welcome to Destiny 3.0. but the devs are too stupid to see it. They have already said that they only care about proving that their idea for the DZ is the future of PVP gaming. (Despite EVERYONE in the business telling them they are idiots.)

Need to Nerf DZ NPCs

I'm still able get to 260K Dps 445k Tough 19k Skill which I think is a well rounded build with the G36 C and not using Alpha Gear. Though my build was 310K before nerf. Smart cover is how i get my nerf gun back in dps. The Big problem I have an issue with the NPC's running without their guns nerfed. If players are having trouble taking down NPC..., and NPC shot guns are really sniper rifles and don't even get me started on Final Measure not doing **** towards flame-throwers. If players are having our guns nerfed, So should NPCs. Or at least give us more toughness to handle them. Even when I tried 600K Toughness to help my crew, I was still being taken out pretty easily. Its Ridiculous.

And this more damage added damage to PVP does not make since to me at all. Should have been added Damage to PVE and less to PVP. Im sure some of you have been one-shotted by someone in the DZ even with 500K health.