Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 469

Thread: G36 Nerf Discussion | Forums

  1. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by robintheuk View Post
    This makes me wonder if it is worth buying Underground on the Ps4 as if i come across another great gun or piece of gear how long will it be before the developers decde to nerf that aswell,not something i've been used to in 30 years of game playing.
    I'll answer your final question. If you intend on soloing UG then don't bother buying it. It becomes very repetitive very quickly. As for the "huge variation" in maps and "never playing the same mission twice", I can pretty much tell where the restock chests are now just by hitting my M key and looking at the mission map layout. I'm no super-brain memory genius. If anything, at 50 years old, my memory is worse than it used to be. Does that sound like infinite map variations? And the mission types are very limited. They are:

    Shoot somebody
    Save some generators
    Shoot some ammo dumps
    Save a patrol and get the report

    There may be another but I've been bored into submission whilst soloing to UG lvl 29 so I may have forgotten.

    Anyhow, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one. Yours may be different.
     

  2. #332
    Senior Member s140183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by munster1404 View Post
    The X-45 pistol has higher per bullet damage then my G36 now, why not nerf that too? In addition even my pre patch 1.3 GS182 Black Market AK-74 outputs the exact same damage. Seriously??

    I have been generally patient with the developers,and quite content with the lower gear stuff as I do not play with groups, the Incursions nor go into the DZ. You might even say that I am resigned to the idea of ever properly gearing up. My routine consists of attempting the first 2 (easiest) HVTs, the daily missions maybe venturing into the Underground once in a while. The rest of the time I wander around the light zone collecting crafting materials to sacrifice to RNGesus. Your crafting nerf hurt big time and effectively shut me out.

    The G36 was my first GS204 weapon. I got lucky picking it up from my fourth Underground mission. The base damage of 11.6K (baffles me why the devs would call it OP) inspired me to take on harder challenges and surviving against level 32 veterans became a possibility. You nerfed it now and I am back to square one again.

    For the advocates of "git gud". Fact is majority of gamers are casual with pretty average skills. The so called "OP" weapons is a stepping stone to encourage players to attempt higher levels encounters vs the overly spongy NPCs.
    The nerf wasn't because your weapon is 11.6K. It got a 15% nerf across the board because the highest it could roll was far above any other AR, LMG, SMG in the game.

    Now with the nerf it falls very much inline with most ARs.

    For everybodies *****ing this nerf was a good thing on the whole and wasn't the answer to the spongy(something Massive knows is an issue and is looking at rectifying it) NPCs.
     

  3. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterOfMyOwn View Post
    If pple want dificulty they can try the "heroic" content with 191GS sets and 163GS weapons.... so making the gearing-up slow and difficult is purpose less in a grind game. It makes pple stop playing, and not playing longer.
    i suggested a challenge my friends and i did to make the missions more interesting in a thread about challenge mode being too easy. our challenge was to start out with only your pistol and you could only use guns and attachments you picked up during the mission. you could keep the gear you had on, the only restrictions were with the weapons. you could also share the stuff you picked up. this idea was quickly met with "why would i purposely put myself at a disadvantage?" this is where i replied with "why would you purposely over gear yourself and complain its too easy?" i never got a response. the point i was trying to make was that this game can be as easy or hard as you make it. people prefer the easy mode and then like to complain its too easy. welcome to the metal state of current gamers.

    either way, this game is in a downward spiral that i doubt it will ever recover from.
     

  4. #334
    Senior Member teksuo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by s140183 View Post
    The nerf wasn't because your weapon is 11.6K. It got a 15% nerf across the board because the highest it could roll was far above any other AR, LMG, SMG in the game.

    Now with the nerf it falls very much inline with most ARs.

    For everybodies *****ing this nerf was a good thing on the whole and wasn't the answer to the spongy(something Massive knows is an issue and is looking at rectifying it) NPCs.
    The nerf isn't really what's wrong here. What's wrong was not to mention the accuracy/stability would change also. Not in patch notes, not anywhere. Someone on reddit had to shed light on the subject. That's sad.

    For a while i thought i suddenly got worse at aiming. Them mind games...
     

  5. #335
    Senior Member ReiShadowheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,082
    So the stability nerf is intended. The dev team withheld info from info disseminators and thus lied to them and us. They like to make sure anything but SMG and Marksman are ineffective at their optimal ranges. Nuthin but overgrown gimp SMG's. Gotta be close to hit effectively.
     

  6. #336
    Senior Member kellygreen45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft View Post
    About the Accuracy/Stability change; yes, it seems to have been an intended change that we (as in the community team) weren't made aware of. This one's down to internal miscommunication I'm afraid. Nothing more I can say about it
    Wow.

    smh.

    You nerf the only properly-tuned weapon in the game....and no one thinks to tell the players that there will be an accuracy and stability nerf incoming with the roundly unpopular base damage nerf as well?

    Just wow.
     

  7. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft View Post
    About the Accuracy/Stability change; yes, it seems to have been an intended change that we (as in the community team) weren't made aware of. This one's down to internal miscommunication I'm afraid. Nothing more I can say about it
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Sorry but you guys seriously need to get some experienced managers over there. The testing and Q&A is horrible and apparently tracking changes made as part of the build being pushed out so you can publish accurate patch notes is an issues as well. You are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that these "adjustments" were missed when for weeks the upcoming nerf was a huge topic of discontent.
     

  8. #338
    Senior Member s140183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by briljin01 View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Sorry but you guys seriously need to get some experienced managers over there. The testing and Q&A is horrible and apparently tracking changes made as part of the build being pushed out so you can publish accurate patch notes is an issues as well. You are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that these "adjustments" were missed when for weeks the upcoming nerf was a huge topic of discontent.
    I'm sure they will kill many kittens and lose many hours of sleep over the forum crying.
     

  9. #339
    Senior Member Force58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonic66666 View Post
    I'll answer your final question. If you intend on soloing UG then don't bother buying it. It becomes very repetitive very quickly. As for the "huge variation" in maps and "never playing the same mission twice", I can pretty much tell where the restock chests are now just by hitting my M key and looking at the mission map layout. I'm no super-brain memory genius. If anything, at 50 years old, my memory is worse than it used to be. Does that sound like infinite map variations? And the mission types are very limited. They are:

    Shoot somebody
    Save some generators
    Shoot some ammo dumps
    Save a patrol and get the report

    There may be another but I've been bored into submission whilst soloing to UG lvl 29 so I may have forgotten.

    Anyhow, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one. Yours may be different.
    The one you're missing is the find the boss in under 19 mins deal. It's become a real bore-fest for me as I play mainly solo as well. I can't believe you've made it to 29 already. I'm only just getting to 19 and the way they keep extending the amount of XP needed it'll take forever to get to 40. I'm getting plenty of 268 armor and 229 weapons from both normal and hard caches, but for the love of God, can I get any other weapon than the PP-19. I got my third 229 version of this last night. Come on Ubi, RNG isn't that stupid.
     

  10. #340
    Senior Member kellygreen45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by N.erdbeer View Post
    The G36 has still the best bullet dmg in combination with high rpm and ok-ish recoil and you guys moan like little girls, because you need an OP weapon to compensate your lack of skill/knowledge, when fighting lvl35 npc?
    You need no more than 200k base dps for pve endgame content, as you are using buffs to increase the damage.
    Just stop.

    Trying to make yourself look good by running down others just makes you look like an insecure ***.

    There is NOTHING about this game that requires skill. I've been playing games like this for 20 years. This is a GEAR driven game. Unless you have the right gear, with the right stats, with the right buffs....AND a coordinated team making efficient use of them.....

    ...half this game is unplayable.

    While those things may be easy to come by for young gamers and older gamers who have few real world responsibilities such that they can grind away at this game for hours every day....they are NOT for average gamers who may only have a hour or two a day to commit to playing this game....or any other.

    The G36 may have been OP compared to what the devs intended it to be. But this game is also BADLY tuned. The enemies are obnoxiously tanky...and take multiple magaznies to take down if you aren't runnging with that efficient team with optimized gear and abilities. The G36 went a long way to offsetting that problem, and making the play more reasonably.

    Did the G36 need to be nerfed? Yes....EVENTUALLY.

    But it is ABSOLUTELY tone-deaf and disrespectful to the community for them to nerf the weapon without dealing with the badly tuned NPC Power levels at the same time. All they've done is make a game that is in so many ways tediously difficult, even MORE tediously difficult.

    Bungie going into Year Two with Destiny had to make wholesale nerfts to its weapons system in order to correct design problems.

    But unlike Massive they rolled the changes out TOGETHER. They didn't nerf the weapons....and then leave everyone to struggle against the obnoxiously tanky enemies that were everywhere in that game in the spring of 2015.

    No. They rolled out the nerfs to the weapon system AND the nerfs to the NPC health pool and power levels at the same time. So they could preserve the quality of the play experience. as much as possible.
     

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •