Thread: G36 Nerf Discussion | Forums

teksuo1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by s140183 Go to original post
    The nerf wasn't because your weapon is 11.6K. It got a 15% nerf across the board because the highest it could roll was far above any other AR, LMG, SMG in the game.

Now with the nerf it falls very much inline with most ARs.

For everybodies *****ing this nerf was a good thing on the whole and wasn't the answer to the spongy(something Massive knows is an issue and is looking at rectifying it) NPCs.
    The nerf isn't really what's wrong here. What's wrong was not to mention the accuracy/stability would change also. Not in patch notes, not anywhere. Someone on reddit had to shed light on the subject. That's sad.

For a while i thought i suddenly got worse at aiming. Them mind games...

So the stability nerf is intended. The dev team withheld info from info disseminators and thus lied to them and us. They like to make sure anything but SMG and Marksman are ineffective at their optimal ranges. Nuthin but overgrown gimp SMG's. Gotta be close to hit effectively.

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    About the Accuracy/Stability change; yes, it seems to have been an intended change that we (as in the community team) weren't made aware of. This one's down to internal miscommunication I'm afraid. Nothing more I can say about it
    Wow.

smh.

You nerf the only properly-tuned weapon in the game....and no one thinks to tell the players that there will be an accuracy and stability nerf incoming with the roundly unpopular base damage nerf as well?

Just wow.

About the Accuracy/Stability change; yes, it seems to have been an intended change that we (as in the community team) weren't made aware of. This one's down to internal miscommunication I'm afraid. Nothing more I can say about it
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Sorry but you guys seriously need to get some experienced managers over there. The testing and Q&A is horrible and apparently tracking changes made as part of the build being pushed out so you can publish accurate patch notes is an issues as well. You are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that these "adjustments" were missed when for weeks the upcoming nerf was a huge topic of discontent.

s140183's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by briljin01 Go to original post
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Sorry but you guys seriously need to get some experienced managers over there. The testing and Q&A is horrible and apparently tracking changes made as part of the build being pushed out so you can publish accurate patch notes is an issues as well. You are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that these "adjustments" were missed when for weeks the upcoming nerf was a huge topic of discontent.
    I'm sure they will kill many kittens and lose many hours of sleep over the forum crying.

Force58's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Demonic66666 Go to original post
    I'll answer your final question. If you intend on soloing UG then don't bother buying it. It becomes very repetitive very quickly. As for the "huge variation" in maps and "never playing the same mission twice", I can pretty much tell where the restock chests are now just by hitting my M key and looking at the mission map layout. I'm no super-brain memory genius. If anything, at 50 years old, my memory is worse than it used to be. Does that sound like infinite map variations? And the mission types are very limited. They are:

Shoot somebody
    Save some generators
    Shoot some ammo dumps
    Save a patrol and get the report

There may be another but I've been bored into submission whilst soloing to UG lvl 29 so I may have forgotten.

Anyhow, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one. Yours may be different.
    The one you're missing is the find the boss in under 19 mins deal. It's become a real bore-fest for me as I play mainly solo as well. I can't believe you've made it to 29 already. I'm only just getting to 19 and the way they keep extending the amount of XP needed it'll take forever to get to 40. I'm getting plenty of 268 armor and 229 weapons from both normal and hard caches, but for the love of God, can I get any other weapon than the PP-19. I got my third 229 version of this last night. Come on Ubi, RNG isn't that stupid.

Originally Posted by N.erdbeer Go to original post
    The G36 has still the best bullet dmg in combination with high rpm and ok-ish recoil and you guys moan like little girls, because you need an OP weapon to compensate your lack of skill/knowledge, when fighting lvl35 npc?
    You need no more than 200k base dps for pve endgame content, as you are using buffs to increase the damage.
    Just stop.

Trying to make yourself look good by running down others just makes you look like an insecure ***.

There is NOTHING about this game that requires skill. I've been playing games like this for 20 years. This is a GEAR driven game. Unless you have the right gear, with the right stats, with the right buffs....AND a coordinated team making efficient use of them.....

...half this game is unplayable.

While those things may be easy to come by for young gamers and older gamers who have few real world responsibilities such that they can grind away at this game for hours every day....they are NOT for average gamers who may only have a hour or two a day to commit to playing this game....or any other.

The G36 may have been OP compared to what the devs intended it to be. But this game is also BADLY tuned. The enemies are obnoxiously tanky...and take multiple magaznies to take down if you aren't runnging with that efficient team with optimized gear and abilities. The G36 went a long way to offsetting that problem, and making the play more reasonably.

Did the G36 need to be nerfed? Yes....EVENTUALLY.

But it is ABSOLUTELY tone-deaf and disrespectful to the community for them to nerf the weapon without dealing with the badly tuned NPC Power levels at the same time. All they've done is make a game that is in so many ways tediously difficult, even MORE tediously difficult.

Bungie going into Year Two with Destiny had to make wholesale nerfts to its weapons system in order to correct design problems.

But unlike Massive they rolled the changes out TOGETHER. They didn't nerf the weapons....and then leave everyone to struggle against the obnoxiously tanky enemies that were everywhere in that game in the spring of 2015.

No. They rolled out the nerfs to the weapon system AND the nerfs to the NPC health pool and power levels at the same time. So they could preserve the quality of the play experience. as much as possible.

Hey everyone

We decided to merge all the G36 Nerf threads. Please keep using this one regarding this topic and don't go and create more.
    We're aware you're unhappy with the nerf and are looking at the feedback as we go

The G36C Is still the best AR in the game DESPITE the 15% base damage nerf and the unannounced handling nerf.

Which shows how UNDERPOWERED the game other weapons still are.

Originally Posted by kellygreen45 Go to original post
    Just stop.

Trying to make yourself look good by running down others just makes you look like an insecure ***.

There is NOTHING about this game that requires skill. I've been playing games like this for 20 years. This is a GEAR driven game. Unless you have the right gear, with the right stats, with the right buffs....AND a coordinated team making efficient use of them.....

While those things may be easy to come by for young gamers and older gamers who have few real world responsibilities such that they can grind away at this game for hours every day....they are NOT for average gamers who may only have a hour or two a day to commit to playing this game....or any other.

The G36 may have been OP compared to what the devs intended it to be. But this game is also BADLY tuned. The enemies are obnoxiously tanky...and take multiple magaznies to take down if you aren't runnging with that efficient team with optimized gear and abilities. The G36 went a long way to offsetting that problem, and making the play more reasonably.

But it is ABSOLUTELY tone-deaf and disrespectful to the community for them to nerf the weapon without dealing with the badly tuned NPC Power levels at the same time. All they've done is make a game that is in so many ways tediously difficult, even MORE tediously difficult.

Bungie going into Year Two with Destiny had to make wholesale nerfts to its weapons system in order to correct design problems.

But unlike Massive they rolled the changes out TOGETHER. They didn't nerf the weapons....and then leave everyone to struggle against the obnoxiously tanky enemies that were everywhere in that game in the spring of 2015.

No. They rolled out the nerfs to the weapon system AND the nerfs to the NPC health pool and power levels at the same time. So they could preserve the quality of the play experience. as much as possible.
    You know its bad when the mess Bungie made out of Destiny is a shining beacon of gaming excellence compared to the dumpster fire Massive has going on with the Division right now.

Originally Posted by kellygreen45 Go to original post
    Just stop.

Its sad that it doesn't matter how many times people, including myself, had pointed out before and after their nerfs that they would need to nerf NPC health/armor as well. They didn't listen, until this recent SoTG stream apparently when they meantioned that they do need to tone down NPC health. I didn't watch it though, someone just said they said it. But yea its something they should have done along with the strikers, sentry, aug/vector, and M1A nerf. prior to this t here was all the glitch fixes which somewhat reduced player damage output. They reduced the top sources of damage that the majority of people were using because enemies had so much health you needed all that ridiculous damage output, but didn't think to nerf the enemies as well... Tisk tisk. I guess they must have thought everything was able to match strikers/sentries and aug/vector + m1a and put out some ****riculous damage, SOMEHOW.