Thread: G36 Nerf Discussion | Forums

If pple want dificulty they can try the "heroic" content with 191GS sets and 163GS weapons.... so making the gearing-up slow and difficult is purpose less in a grind game. It makes pple stop playing, and not playing longer.

Change the DZ to a PvP arena with team vs team content so that the 1% could still have fun, and leave the rest gear up their way with a more friendly content.

m1crobra1n's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by N.erdbeer Go to original post
    The G36 has still the best bullet dmg in combination with high rpm and ok-ish recoil and you guys moan like little girls, because you need an OP weapon to compensate your lack of skill/knowledge, when fighting lvl35 npc?
    You need no more than 200k base dps for pve endgame content, as you are using buffs to increase the damage.
    In this game there is nothing to do with skill. And i dont talk about the skill on stats.
    Skill as experience in gaming aiming and so on.

In this game it's who has the best gear sets with attributes and thats it.
    I have played a lot of these first person shooter games and my skill on aiming is decent.
    And i always play fps game on hard core mode if they have it.
    Where you get killed by one-two shots and kill others the same way.
    In these games come to play how skilled you are. But in this one you have to many things to take in account.
    First of all you cant choose a server and you dont see the ping you have in that server.
    I mostly get a lag servers and it's not cause i have bad connection or forwarded ports.
    It's how this game is built.
    For me game is not fun when i need to be in cover only and cant stick my head out cause i get instantly shot dead by
    many different npc's that have unlimited pulse on and dont have walls that stop bullets. They have no recoil and are extremely
    acuurate. They even run trough walls and doors.

For me game is fun when i have challenge but i wont be shot dead that easy.
    I cant play solo these missions that are heroic cause there are to many npc's that sponge bullets.
    Cause taking one bot out takes to long and there will be already rushing bots from behind and from any directions with waves.
    I would be fine if they make level 32 or even 33 bots in numbers for the difficulty but i wont need to shoot 107 bullet mags from pp-19 and still have not scratched the surface.

And i am not going to talk about PVP cause i dont play it in division cause it's simply boring.
    You either get ganked from behind or your running behind the rogues till there timer goes out.
    While your shooting the rogues behind there timer will not get longer nor does it stop.
    It will still count down. And when there timer is up then you need to go rogue.

I just dont like the concept of the PVP and especially thanks for the system of gear score that is totally useless.
    You can have 255GS but your stats can be 100K DPS 150K toughness and loads of skill.
    In PVP you basically need to build for DPS so you can take the other player out faster.
    I have tried to balance my gear stats so i have 200K DPS 400K toughness and 20K skill so that skill's would work
    like over heal when used will over heal to even when your screen is pulsing red.

As with the 1.3 stealth nerfing they did with the med kits what cured your full life 3 pars and now heal only one and half par
    that renders med kits useless cause they have cool downs.

In DZ when your running towards supply drop you need to run past cruising bots that shoot you and your med kit does nothing and then you need to use skill to to over heal yourself.

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    About the Accuracy/Stability change; yes, it seems to have been an intended change that we (as in the community team) weren't made aware of. This one's down to internal miscommunication I'm afraid. Nothing more I can say about it
    At least you could apologize for another miscommunication on your Team, seems to happen quite often.

LepantoESP's Avatar Senior Member
    Still the best AR I have around, post nerf. So yeah, whatever, will keep using it and will likely be replaced by a better G36 down the road.

I have played this game almost every day since it came out but I am just done with it.....the fun has left the game for me.

Originally Posted by xNordstadt Go to original post
    At least you could apologize for another miscommunication on your Team, seems to happen quite often.

Originally Posted by munster1404 Go to original post
    The X-45 pistol has higher per bullet damage then my G36 now, why not nerf that too? In addition even my pre patch 1.3 GS182 Black Market AK-74 outputs the exact same damage. Seriously??

I have been generally patient with the developers,and quite content with the lower gear stuff as I do not play with groups, the Incursions nor go into the DZ. You might even say that I am resigned to the idea of ever properly gearing up. My routine consists of attempting the first 2 (easiest) HVTs, the daily missions maybe venturing into the Underground once in a while. The rest of the time I wander around the light zone collecting crafting materials to sacrifice to RNGesus. Your crafting nerf hurt big time and effectively shut me out.

The G36 was my first GS204 weapon. I got lucky picking it up from my fourth Underground mission. The base damage of 11.6K (baffles me why the devs would call it OP) inspired me to take on harder challenges and surviving against level 32 veterans became a possibility. You nerfed it now and I am back to square one again.

For the advocates of "git gud". Fact is majority of gamers are casual with pretty average skills. The so called "OP" weapons is a stepping stone to encourage players to attempt higher levels encounters vs the overly spongy NPCs.
    Couldn't agree more with this post,i accept my limitations as a solo player but what the F..k are the developers doing blocking solo players progression path with these daft nerfs,what i do not understand is why is this company are adding guns like the G36 with the damage stats it had and then nerfing them a week later especially after the experience of the Smg and Striker gear nerfs it is making Ubisoft look very amatuerish,surely they should know what they are doing by now...shouldn't they?
    This makes me wonder if it is worth buying Underground on the Ps4 as if i come across another great gun or piece of gear how long will it be before the developers decde to nerf that aswell,not something i've been used to in 30 years of game playing.

Originally Posted by robintheuk Go to original post
    This makes me wonder if it is worth buying Underground on the Ps4 as if i come across another great gun or piece of gear how long will it be before the developers decde to nerf that aswell,not something i've been used to in 30 years of game playing.
    I'll answer your final question. If you intend on soloing UG then don't bother buying it. It becomes very repetitive very quickly. As for the "huge variation" in maps and "never playing the same mission twice", I can pretty much tell where the restock chests are now just by hitting my M key and looking at the mission map layout. I'm no super-brain memory genius. If anything, at 50 years old, my memory is worse than it used to be. Does that sound like infinite map variations? And the mission types are very limited. They are:

Shoot somebody
    Save some generators
    Shoot some ammo dumps
    Save a patrol and get the report

There may be another but I've been bored into submission whilst soloing to UG lvl 29 so I may have forgotten.

Anyhow, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one. Yours may be different.

s140183's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by munster1404 Go to original post
    The X-45 pistol has higher per bullet damage then my G36 now, why not nerf that too? In addition even my pre patch 1.3 GS182 Black Market AK-74 outputs the exact same damage. Seriously??

I have been generally patient with the developers,and quite content with the lower gear stuff as I do not play with groups, the Incursions nor go into the DZ. You might even say that I am resigned to the idea of ever properly gearing up. My routine consists of attempting the first 2 (easiest) HVTs, the daily missions maybe venturing into the Underground once in a while. The rest of the time I wander around the light zone collecting crafting materials to sacrifice to RNGesus. Your crafting nerf hurt big time and effectively shut me out.

The G36 was my first GS204 weapon. I got lucky picking it up from my fourth Underground mission. The base damage of 11.6K (baffles me why the devs would call it OP) inspired me to take on harder challenges and surviving against level 32 veterans became a possibility. You nerfed it now and I am back to square one again.

For the advocates of "git gud". Fact is majority of gamers are casual with pretty average skills. The so called "OP" weapons is a stepping stone to encourage players to attempt higher levels encounters vs the overly spongy NPCs.
    The nerf wasn't because your weapon is 11.6K. It got a 15% nerf across the board because the highest it could roll was far above any other AR, LMG, SMG in the game.

Now with the nerf it falls very much inline with most ARs.

For everybodies *****ing this nerf was a good thing on the whole and wasn't the answer to the spongy(something Massive knows is an issue and is looking at rectifying it) NPCs.

Originally Posted by MonsterOfMyOwn Go to original post
    If pple want dificulty they can try the "heroic" content with 191GS sets and 163GS weapons.... so making the gearing-up slow and difficult is purpose less in a grind game. It makes pple stop playing, and not playing longer.
    i suggested a challenge my friends and i did to make the missions more interesting in a thread about challenge mode being too easy. our challenge was to start out with only your pistol and you could only use guns and attachments you picked up during the mission. you could keep the gear you had on, the only restrictions were with the weapons. you could also share the stuff you picked up. this idea was quickly met with "why would i purposely put myself at a disadvantage?" this is where i replied with "why would you purposely over gear yourself and complain its too easy?" i never got a response. the point i was trying to make was that this game can be as easy or hard as you make it. people prefer the easy mode and then like to complain its too easy. welcome to the metal state of current gamers.

either way, this game is in a downward spiral that i doubt it will ever recover from.