Thread: G36 Nerf Discussion | Forums

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    Hey everyone

We decided to merge all the G36 Nerf threads. Please keep using this one regarding this topic and don't go and create more.
    We're aware you're unhappy with the nerf and are looking at the feedback as we go
    thank you ubisoft for getting a reply with some players are unhappy with the nerf, i for one dont mind the nerf cause i didnt loose all that much damage and DPS, to me it ment a small tiny percentage loss but not anything to cry or rage about

Winslow-the-Dog's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Hugo-FOU Go to original post
    So I've just noticed they've combined all of these threads about the G36 nerf.
    Interesting!

I didn't have a problem with them lowering the damage slightly, but they've lowered it to the point where it's only competitive with other ARs when the 'Focused' talent is active. With any skill on cool down it becomes sub par.

Surely the purpose of a talent like 'Focused' is to give bonus damage when not using damage buffing skill. The trade off being that a player then gets less of a damage bonus from those skills.
    You mean they are aware of 26 pages of complaints in less than 24 hours about another 'train wreck' that they manufactured and not a single comment, explanation or apology from anyone?

As for your other deduction, yes I think you are absolutely correct. This should really act as a "buff" like the 'Vicious' talent so that when no skills are on cooldown you are doing more damage. 12.5% more to be exact. To be honest this makes the nerf even more ridiculous because essentially with any skills on cooldown the G36 was doing more or less the same damage as after the nerf.

Now however, the nerf means that with any skills on cooldown (including heals) you are doing 27.5% less damage which is going to put this significantly below the performance of other ARs. I think a few people testing this at the range in the BoO should be using a skill during testing (not smart cover or pulse) to assess the real reduction in weapon damage/DPS.

That said, if you re-roll focused to something else like brutal or deadly couldn't you effectively make this weapon almost as powerful, at least for any period during which you are using skills? If you are using an ammo cache support station in theory with that talent removed you'd be buffing your weapon damage by a further 12.5%.

Broken promises

WTF! Say one thing and do the complete opposite, that will keep the player base

Quote from Hamish Bode on Twitter

"the base damage was the only thing that changed. There were no stability changes..."

https://twitter.com/hamishbode/statu...84726852472832

This!! Nothing else to say.

Originally Posted by DampStankWayne Go to original post
    WTF! Say one thing and do the complete opposite, that will keep the player base

Quote from Hamish Bode on Twitter

"the base damage was the only thing that changed. There were no stability changes..."

https://twitter.com/hamishbode/statu...84726852472832
    Yes but after he dig information in "office" and "found out " the data mining was right and they nerfed it more then they said !!!

Originally Posted by trakaiskjems Go to original post
    Yes but after he dig information in "office" and "found out " the data mining was right and they nerfed it more then they said !!!
    Mine started at over 14k damage per round and was 12.7 before the nerf and is now 10.7. That's a lot of nerfing....

Originally Posted by Kirst2000a Go to original post
    Mine started at over 14k damage per round and was 12.7 before the nerf and is now 10.7. That's a lot of nerfing....
    i'm more disappointed about accuracy nerf the damgae is still ok for me with sentry build , but now im missing more bullets on target

Originally Posted by Kirst2000a Go to original post
    u must have changed gear before the nerf to get to 12.7, mine was 14.3k before nerf and after nerf, with the math i calculated, 12.1k right on target with the math i did, no swap on gear

Originally Posted by ReiShadowheart Go to original post
    You think its good, but its really not. It's pretty much in the underpowered category with SVD now. If you stop and actually compare with other weapons in other weapon categories, you'd find that PP-19 will easily outperform G-36, before and after. And they also stealth nerfed the stability so there's that.

I can easily go back to using my caduceus and perform better. You haven't had the "best weapon" in the AR category until you've had a Caduceus. None have replaced it since I got it from the 1st hard mission I did like a month after the game launched. I can easily say my 182 is better than your 229, and its because its certainly better than my 228 G36, even with the now 600 bullet damage and 100 RPM difference. Before my G-36 was better to use purely for damage purposes. Now, no reason to jack around with it.
    Thanks for the heads up! You are exactly correct in assuming I haven't tried a Caduceus. Now you've got my curiosity peeked. : )

So my G36 was at 11.1 but the nerf was calculated from 10.3 for some reason. So I am now sitting at 8776 but that isn't the worst part. My DPS went from 227,000 to 168,000 and that is 26% reduction.