Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So we completed 3 Phase UG with 5 Directives and... | Forums

Mind you, I said they're distributed more heavily, you can however get all the other gear sets from the Underground as well AND the team is looking to perhaps up that ante in the near future, but I can't share any info regarding it.

Regarding people who are requesting us to make it possible for all venues to drop all sets, there are a few issues with this. First, it will heavily sway even more in RNG's way. Think about it, at the moment you know which venues tend to offer certain sets more, thus if you want a specific set you can focus on that content. If it is not this way, you'll run whatever content you choose and might not end up getting the gear set you want for a long time, factoring in all the gear sets we have currently and possible future gear sets.
    Second, if we make all content drop all loot, unweighted, then most of the content will be ignored because players will look for the easiest/fastest way to gather loot and then not bother with the rest. This might seem like a great idea to some of you, as you might be able to gear up faster, but this will be boring and is not the dev team's intention. After all, we want players to play all content, or at least most of it, not just a tiny slice.

I'm not saying our current system is perfect, but the devs are working on it to improve it. The suggestion of unweighted distribution for all content however, is not the way to go. Not for the dev team, and when you look at it honestly, not for the players either.

Quote Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft View Post

Regarding people who are requesting us to make it possible for all venues to drop all sets, there are a few issues with this. First, it will heavily sway even more in RNG's way. Think about it, at the moment you know which venues tend to offer certain sets more, thus if you want a specific set you can focus on that content. If it is not this way, you'll run whatever content you choose and might not end up getting the gear set you want for a long time, factoring in all the gear sets we have currently and possible future gear sets.
    Second, if we make all content drop all loot, unweighted, then most of the content will be ignored because players will look for the easiest/fastest way to gather loot and then not bother with the rest. This might seem like a great idea to some of you, as you might be able to gear up faster, but this will be boring and is not the dev team's intention. After all, we want players to play all content, or at least most of it, not just a tiny slice.
    I call B.S. You can drop everything in the DZ, without issues. If you set up the rest of the game like that it will, break it?

@Nachai but the RNG is so insane now it wont make much difference what they do.

I just think making all area's playable to access all gear sets would make people play all area's of the game.

I only play HVT's and the DZ to a point because that's where I know i'll get the gear sets I want guaranteed, places like the UG are not worth playing because what drops 99% is worthless to me ie Firecrest and BLIND, (i'm not going to play the UG just incase the 1% drops something else i'll play what guarantees me the gear I want all day every day (so I end up not playing most parts of the game)

So making it all available or on a decent drop rates woud get every one experiencing all of the game and what it has to offer.

Surely that is plain and simple you create a game for everyone to play all of it, the gear set ratios are restriciting what people play and that is not good for the long term playabilty of this game.

Common sense says everyone playing and experiencing all aspects of the game makes for a healthy game and playerbase
    Last edited by Crazy-46; 07-07-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabernub View Post
    I call B.S. You can drop everything in the DZ, without issues. If you set up the rest of the game like that it will, break it?
    it's clear that they're trying to push people into the dark zone. They can try to spin it all they want.

Quote Originally Posted by sabernub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-46 View Post
    @Nachai but the RNG is so insane now it wont make much difference what they do.

I just think making all area's playable to access all gear sets would make people play all area's of the game.

I only play HVT's and the DZ to a point because that's where I know i'll get the gear sets I want guaranteed, places like the UG are not worth playing because what drops 99% is worthless to me ie Firecrest and BLIND, (i'm not going to play the UG just incase the 1% drops something else i'll play what guarantees me the gear I want all day every day (so I end up not playing most parts of the game)

So making it all available or on a decent drop rates woud get every one experiencing all of the game and what it has to offer.

Surely that is plain and simple you create a game for everyone to play all of it, the gear set ratios are restriciting what people play and that is not good for the long term playabilty of this game.

Common sense says everyone playing and experiencing all aspects of the game makes for a healthy game and playerbase
    I'm not going to wade in this discussion much further, but I ask you this:

If all venues dropped all gear sets, i.e. incursions, HVT's, Dark Zone, Underground and whatever else may come along, do you honestly believe most people will play everything, or that they will play the one thing that is deemed most efficient re: time spent/rewards gained?

Keep in mind we've already seen evidence of this in the past with Bullet King, Falcon Lost cheesing and what else...

It's very unlikely in this scenario then that it will go as you mention

If all venues dropped all gear sets, i.e. incursions, HVT's, Dark Zone, Underground and whatever else may come along, do you honestly believe most people will play everything, or that they will play the one thing that is deemed most efficient re: time spent/rewards gained?

Keep in mind we've already seen evidence of this in the past with Bullet King, Falcon Lost cheesing and what else...

But people npw find the easiest way to farm the gear they want opening up to all will mix it up amd give everyone choices and diversity to play everything(I certainly would) as of now I only play 2 parts of the game because that is where I know i'll get what I want.

PS the bullet king and exploits are nothing like farming what we have legitimately and or the easiest way so please I respect you guys but to put the bullet king et al in the same category as finding the easiest ways to farm legitimately is rather a bad show,

So please give us players some respect In knowing what the difference is

PPS: why not wade in this kind of discussion it affects all of us and would show you are taking our concerns or idea's into some kind of consideration.

community/mod/dev interaction is a good thing no
    Last edited by Crazy-46; 07-07-2016 at 10:13 PM.

We ran a couple heroic UG missions (2 phase with 3 modifiers) and I received 6 229 weapons which I vendored. Loot certainly was not worth the effort. Not a single set piece.

Also, on the last mission 2 of us got stuck on a ladder and could not move or bring up the menus. We could not finish the mission because we had to quit..
    Last edited by Ezilyamuz3d; 07-07-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Look Ubisoft needs money and some of us need a break from your RNG. How about you just allow us to play the game offline like with Dying Light in custom games that allow mods? There are likely plenty of people here who can put together some mods that work better then the content that Massive is putting out and with better quality control.

I guess balancing the time/reward is out of the question because you know that would require competent developers.

Mind you, I said they're distributed more heavily, you can however get all the other gear sets from the Underground as well AND the team is looking to perhaps up that ante in the near future, but I can't share any info regarding it.

I'm not saying our current system is perfect, but the devs are working on it to improve it. The suggestion of unweighted distribution for all content however, is not the way to go. Not for the dev team, and when you look at it honestly, not for the players either.
    Are you dumb BLIND or something 50 no 70% off gear sets and weapons are left out total DMG set bonus and so on atm g36 is a good weapon when other weapons AC are out Total and so on

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast