philip-vinther's Avatar Member

Understanding Vanha plains

Hey all.

I am now so far in the game that i am experimenting with the options i get from developing vanha plains.
    But all in all i can only see i loose a ton of money by buildings these "2x" modules.

The production needed to uphold these modules goes way beyond what i get back in money by building these modules.
    So are they just ment to free up space, since i can delete a building, of the same kind, when placing a module ?
    Or am i doing something wrong ?

Because as far as i can see, this wont help me in any way at the moment, since i dont need space at all. Only money.

Those x2 modules will double productivity but it will also double the maintenance. There are many ways to put those modules to good use. I'd recommend them using for mine sites and water sites eventually for very large expensive farms as well.

Yes i understand. But still, the credit balance, makes the modules not worth it. At least for only 2x the productivity.
    Does it ever goes up and give 3x as much ? Because then i can begin to see the modules potential.

Its only 2x. But the module is far from being useless.
    Here is one example. Anti-grav Workshop. This building cost a fortune. Occupy a lot of space too. Modules also are very expensive and cost a lot of rare goods. "Bam" put one such module and your productivity is doubled. Is as you have a 2nd factory. But don't forget the input of resources.
    Other example... mining and water sites are quite limited. As your city grows you might end up with certain goods produced there. Either you import to cover up for the missing goods either you build this productivity module. 2x productivity also translate in 2x maintenance for that building and 2x resource input.
    Very large farms also could be boosted having a double output to save space. Cattle farms for instance might worth the investment while rice ones don't.
    The only drawback is that you have to pay attention to the production chain for the goods needed by this module. Bad math might end up with a bad investment.

Sure specific buildings cost a lot to build.
    But wont these credits just be used on the production to have those modules work ?

Or has it something to do with placing the modules on the "right" production so i end up saving not only space, but credits in the long run ?

Tundra modules are never worthy in term of credits.

Their main goal is saving space, or better use tundra space as others sectors.

The best use i've done was on artic mine because i was out of molibdenum and mines.

I used the either on chains that require a lot of space, like luxury food. I you use it in the last factory you will double the production without building the vine and meat (a lot of saved space).

An other use could be on space chains, because spcae modules cost 30 iridium each 150 for each production and with tundra module you can double the production but having module for only one factory.

Actually, a major use for the modules researched in the TundraDLC is in terms of food production - both in Varnha Plains itself and elsewhere. Everybody - everywhere - must eat; even the Synths eat (just not as much). Another question that ties directly into this is a shortfall in Vitamin drink production in the Temperate region - and the archipelagoes don't exactly add a lot of food-production space. Look at what Varnha Plains produces for export; a major item is Vitamin Extracts (from Moss Beds) - this is, in fact, a DIRECT replacement for Vitamin Drinks (produced in the Temperate region); therefore, don't export JUST the modules, export the Vitamin Extracts, too - especially anywhere that you're short on them. (Walbruck Basin, Cape Ambar. Etc.)