Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not dead, just changing jobs! :) | Forums

Hi guys,

As you already may know, today is my last day with Ubisoft. Starting 15 June, I'll be working with a developer in Maryland to work on some non-game projects that capitalize on my previous experience. I'm very excited about this and will be working with some old friends.

Although I have a great, new project to produce in Ubisoft; I really like San Francisco; and that I believe Ubisoft is a good (not perfect) publisher/developer; it's time for me to move on in order to start a family and have more of my life back. The past few years have been difficult to say the least.

Although I have no plans or desire to produce a combat flight sim again, I'll always love this genre and help to improve it in not so visible ways. I'm sure I'll be conversing with many of you in the years to come.

Thank you for the many kind messages. Although I'm sorry that Lock On could not make everyone happy nor meet every expectation, it's nice to hear that so many people have found enjoyment in the game. I'm personally very proud of the project and look forward to where it may lead. I wish my friends at Eagle Dynamics the very best in all their future projects.

Take care and have fun,
    Matt

Matt "Wags" Wagner
    Producer / Ubisoft
    Wags
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

As you already may know, today is my last day with Ubisoft. Starting 15 June, I'll be working with a developer in Maryland to work on some non-game projects that capitalize on my previous experience. I'm very excited about this and will be working with some old friends.

Although I have a great, new project to produce in Ubisoft; I really like San Francisco; and that I believe Ubisoft is a good (not perfect) publisher/developer; it's time for me to move on in order to start a family and have more of my life back. The past few years have been difficult to say the least.

Although I have no plans or desire to produce a combat flight sim again, I'll always love this genre and help to improve it in not so visible ways. I'm sure I'll be conversing with many of you in the years to come.

Thank you for the many kind messages. Although I'm sorry that Lock On could not make everyone happy nor meet every expectation, it's nice to hear that so many people have found enjoyment in the game. I'm personally very proud of the project and look forward to where it may lead. I wish my friends at Eagle Dynamics the very best in all their future projects.

Take care and have fun,
    Matt

Matt "Wags" Wagner
    Producer / Ubisoft

You are the wind beneath... well, if not our wings then certainly a part of the chassis.

-----------------------------
    TrackIR users set your Enable and Center keys to the two Windows Start buttons
    -----------------------------
    TrackIR users set your Enable and Center keys to the two Windows Start buttons

HEY MAN!!! I am sincerely obliged to finally meet teh creator of this amazingly phenomenal game! THis satisfies all my aviation games needs in all ways, and i have never had this much fun. You have added more fun in the lives of billionis of people and many more generations to come! I really appreciate your work and your whole team's, i wish you the best of luck to you, your family, and at your new job!

Plz dont forget us, and plz post back here at da forums with an update on hows it going! BTW, have u seen this vid that was dedicated to you yet? It was made by glowing amraam: http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/pafiled...ion=file&id=85

SEe ya l8r!

"Your 6 is my 12"

[A]lpha [N]ovember [D]elta [Y]ankee
    <CENTER>

| AMD 3500 | 6800GT 256MB | 2 GIGs RAM | 232 GB HD |</CENTER>

Good luck and best wishes for the future.

We'll see ya soon Matt. Moving back towards the old stompin grounds I see You've got my e-mail don't be afraid to use it

==============================
    Mudmovers
    ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
    Catalyst Feedback
    Catalyst Driver Download
    ==============================
    ===========================
    I did not have technical relations with that question

ATI Catalyst Beta Tester

Banned
    cya! hope you dont mind droppin by and tellin us what ur doin!

Matt is good ppl's.. He will be missed!
    X

Combat Simulations Information
    X
    Lock On / Farcry Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kuoster:
    HEY MAN!!! I am sincerely obliged to finally meet teh creator of this amazingly phenomenal game!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to take anything away from him but Matt is not the creator of LOMAC.

There is no doubt his hand will be missed.

Matt,

My best wishes to you and your family. All the hours of labor, intelligence, patience and not to mention the attention to detail you have offered is currently on my HD. F/A-18 and Lomac will be on my PC's for years to come. I want to thank you for allowing me enjoy the dreams I had to fly combat aircraft only to be shot down by poor eyesight. Only you are to blame for all the sleepless nights engrossed in these simulations you have developed. Ok, I accept some of the blame

Keep your talents focused and not blurred by others.

On a selfish note, when you re-unite with the Maryland crew, please make F/A-18 compatible with current DX standards. Ha, dreaming again I know. It is just the fact that F/A-18 is and will be my favorite sim of all times.

Once again, thank you for all the training,research,and ability you have given to let us feel such realistic sensations. NOW SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY

We are behind you all the way

Mobile Flight Station:
    Prostar 8814 Notebook
    Windows XP Pro
    Intel 865PE Chipset
    3.2GHz(HT-ENABLED)800mhz FSB
    1024MB PC 3200/400 DDR Ram
    2x60GB HDD 7200 RPM (RAID Mode 0)
    8x24x10x24 DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
    ATI Radeon 9600w/128MB DDR
    Core: 470Mhz Mem: 560Mhz
    Realtek AC 97 65535 Chipset
    16" Super XGA TFT(1280x1024)
    Cougar HOTAS
    Sennheiser HD 650
    Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Tower|Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe|AMD Athlon 64 FX-60|Vapo Chill Lightspeed|Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PRO|PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Coolâ® 850 SSI|2x SATAII WD Caviar SE 160 GB RAID 0|2x BFG 7800 GTX SLI w/Zalman VF700cu|Creative X-f

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast