Game freezes on main menu

Many people have reported this issue but I've never seen anyone get an actual fix, what's going on? I finish the tutorial and I am left with an un-navigable main menu?

I bought the Game yesterday on PSN and have the same Problem. The Game freezes on Main Menu.
    UBISOFT WE NEED HELP !!!

Whaaaat Theeee Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

W! T! F!
    How are you still allowed to sell this game!
    In its current state it's simply a rutheless ripoff.
    It is completely unusable. I just paid 20 bucks to look at a menu screen.
    And it seems like these problems existed already august 2015 where you wanted to 'look into it'. As long as there is no fix you shouldnt put it in the shelf or doest this company has any commen sense.
    So everybody interested in this game reading this: go and google 'main menu toy soldiers war chest', download the picture, throw it on your TV, cause thats all you get! This way, at least, ubisoft didnt steal 20$ out of your pocket for a jpeg.

Same problem here.

I've bought/downloaded this game yesterday (PSN), finished the promising tutorial and watch the menu screen since then. This is - as you can imagine - boring as hell.

So I have some questions:

Is there a workaround?
    Are you (respectively Signal Studios) fixing this problem?
    If yes, when (will there be a patch)?
    If no, when will I get my money back?

Brought this yesterday also, not happy to pay £8 just for access to the tutorial and nothing else

Instructions for play on PS4

I found this Instructions in another Forum

1. Disconnect your PS4 from the Internet
    2. Set the Date of your PS4 on 01 August 2015
    3. Now you can Start the Game Offline

Ubisoft is a Piece of **** !!!!!!

I just called Playstation and they issued me a refund for this broken game. Although I know my simple suggestion to pull this game from the store probably won't work, I would recommend we all call in and maybe they will get the hint.

I am so utterly disappointing in Ubisoft. This issue is clearly not small, and goes back to late last year as others have said. I really wanted to play this game and had fun with the tutorial. Furthermore, I appreciate the "fix" that has been suggested, but do feel this fix should be made by Ubisoft, not by me changing my calendar and disconnecting from the net.

Playstation Support Number: 800-345-7669

Class action anyone?

WTH. Fix this already!

Originally Posted by Jayrad25 Go to original post
    I just called Playstation and they issued me a refund for this broken game. Although I know my simple suggestion to pull this game from the store probably won't work, I would recommend we all call in and maybe they will get the hint.

I am so utterly disappointing in Ubisoft. This issue is clearly not small, and goes back to late last year as others have said. I really wanted to play this game and had fun with the tutorial. Furthermore, I appreciate the "fix" that has been suggested, but do feel this fix should be made by Ubisoft, not by me changing my calendar and disconnecting from the net.

Playstation Support Number: 800-345-7669
    How did you manage to get a refund out of playstation? They told me they couldn't because Ubisoft have said they're aware of this issue they're unable to do anything.....

Originally Posted by xMilky_Joe Go to original post
    How did you manage to get a refund out of playstation? They told me they couldn't because Ubisoft have said they're aware of this issue they're unable to do anything.....
    I made a request for the refund but it's been about 5-7 days and I haven't seen it. Playstation is usually really good about this type of thing but I have not seen any progress yet. I think I may just be stuck with an unplayable game. I've never experienced anything like this. This is terrible. After this and the problems I had with FC4, not buying Ubisoft products anymore.