Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.8 notes | Forums

Community Representative Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar

Patch 1.8 notes

Hello Heroes,

Today, we would like to announce the availability of Patch 1.8.

Patch 1.8; along with fixes, improvements and implements to the general game, also includes the second part of The Lost Tales of Axeoth: Every Dog Has His Day, more details to come.

As always, downloading this new update is automatic on both Uplay and Steam. Should this for whatever reason not happen, please then make use of the Verify files feature on either platform, which should then start the download.

Full patch notes are available below but here are some highlights;

General

We have fixed-

• If a magic guild is prebuilt in a town, the player can`t set its specialization.
    • In some campaigns, players can get stuck when spamming ESC during scripted scenes.
    • Pathfinding ability and Pathfinder specialization.
    • And more

Gameplay

We have implemented-

• Pending Caravans now show up in the recruitment window until they depart at the end of your turn.
    • Caravans arrived at a Fort but not unloaded, can now be accessed and unloaded manually.Altars and Seals now show up on the minimap.
    • And more

• And improved-
    • The random Skilling Popup has been visually overhauled.

Multiplayer

We have fixed several bugs-

• A bug where the game would go out of synch when deploying more than 7 stacks in combat
    • A bug where the hero got deselected at the start of a new turn.
    • A bug where the game gets stuck when the AI attacked an empty town.
    • A bug where the player could multiply creature stacks under certain conditions when using auto merge button in town.
    • A bug that caused a game crash sometimes when pressing "spectate" after losing a game.
    • A bug that caused the game to go Out of synch sometimes when a hero died.
    • And more

We have improved-

• Made Duel Multiplayer sessions more stable.

Level Design
    • We have fixed a few issues with Stronghold Map 2 and 3, Dungeon Map 2 and 3 and Scenario Timber Wars.

See patch notes for more details.

Editor

The Editor also has had fixes, improvements and implements, including;

Plus, fixes to Unreal Editor, Campaign Editor, Layer Tools and Audio.

AI (edited)
    • Added Wait action to the Combat AI
    • Added Caravan handling for the Adventure AI - the AI will now try (if available) to supply their main fighting heroes with a caravan-based supply chain
    • Adjusted AI scoring for the Adventure AI - it now tries to be more proactive about gathering pickups and generally also engaging the player in combat more
    • Adjusted AI money management for the Adventure AI - reprioritised the order in which AI purchases buildings/heroes/unit
    • Adventure AI now uses Forts and external Dwellings more readily
    • Fixed smaller numerous bugs with AI scoring

Regards

The M&M Team
    Patch 1.8 Full Patch Note
    Last edited by Ubi-MoshiMoshi; 04-16-2016 at 10:10 AM.

I am very sorry to repeat myself but where are all promised changes?

There has been no major update as regards gameplay (not content) for many months and there are also very few bugfixes compared to the buglist recorded by fans.

This really does not seem to be the work of many people working many months on the game.

Actually, this patch brings even less changes than 1.7 (and I thought it is not possible to bring less changes but as I can see I was definitely wrong).

These patches (1.7 and 1.8) bring very few changes and they are coming after several months. Previous patches came after a few weeks with much more things.

I would like to remind you that:
    - the game is still full of bugs more than half year after its release
    - the council scenes are terrible (we have the year 2016 and not 2006)
    - skill system is still the same with no replayability for campaigns and some nonsensical skills in classes (hopefully in 1.9 Patch improved?)
    - there is no end-game screen (H5 and H6 were much better in this, the new game should not go back)
    - most heroes specializations are very bad
    - there are only 2 heroes per each faction duels
    - the amount of spells in each magic school is quite low
    -especially neutral units miss some interesting abilities
    ... And there are many other problems (for more details please follow the link in my signature)

Are we going to get finally some large patch with massive changes in the near future? It would be nice to know this. Now it seems like one of the last patches with minor improvements only.
    Last edited by Antalyan; 04-14-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Mountain gave birth to another mouse? I wonder how many bugs they added, correcting the old ones? The game still does not remember the placement of the units in a battle! necromancers, at least!

Гора родила очередную мышь? Интересно, сколько багов они добавили, исправляя старые? Игра по-прежнему не запоминает расстановку юнитов в бою! некромантов, по крайней мере!

So sad

Игра вылетает постоянное через рандомное количество времени: тупо чёрный экран, ctrl+alt+del не помогает, только жёсткая перезагрузка. Ребят, подводите вы нас(

Quote Originally Posted by miboi9 View Post
    Гора родила очередную мышь? Интересно, сколько багов они добавили, исправляя старые? Игра по-прежнему не запоминает расстановку юнитов в бою! некромантов, по крайней мере!

AI has learned to use the button "wait" in the battle, it is already not bad
    )))
    Last edited by IMMORTAL_999; 04-14-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IMMORTAL_999 View Post

AI has learned to use the button "wait" in the battle, it is already not bad
    )))
    More like it couldn't use a 15 years old feature before 8th major patch half a year later lol

Quote Originally Posted by GalaadleHaut View Post
    More like it couldn't use a 15 years old feature before 8th major patch half a year later lol
    stupid comment. appart from the fact that the game is still bugged, do you even know what a 15 years old can do compared to an AI?
    soory mate, coundn't hold back on this one

Quote Originally Posted by GalaadleHaut View Post
    lol ... But in any case, better this "later" than "never" )) ))

Quote Originally Posted by tibolt95 View Post
    do you even know what a 15 years old can do compared to an AI?
    I am saying a 15 yo FEATURE, better read next time lol

Kilgor added?? Where Kilgor??He dead?? I'm cry.... Add Kilgor plz.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast