Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just fired a gun for the first time :o) | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    My dad took me to a shooting range where I used his .22 to knock down some pop cans (we were the only ones there). I'm loving it! At first I tried it with the sights, and hit nothing, but was pretty close. I put the scope on and immediately started hitting the cans. Pretty far away too.

Hope to go back again soon. Will bring some bug spray [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif[/img]

<table style="filter:glow[color=green, strength=5)"><FONT SIZE=6 FACE=VERDANA COLOR=YELLOW>Turtle</font></table>
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    My dad took me to a shooting range where I used his .22 to knock down some pop cans (we were the only ones there). I'm loving it! At first I tried it with the sights, and hit nothing, but was pretty close. I put the scope on and immediately started hitting the cans. Pretty far away too.

Hope to go back again soon. Will bring some bug spray [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif[/img]

<table style="filter:glow[color=green, strength=5)"><FONT SIZE=6 FACE=VERDANA COLOR=YELLOW>Turtle</font></table>
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots"

XyZspineZyX
    Glad you had fun!!

The shooting sports are a blast if you decide later to get involved with them.

[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

JG27_Arklight
    "Taking out the garbage since release"

XyZspineZyX
    My dad is a Police officer and i soon will be too.

WE go to the range every weekend and shoot alot of guns.

I have fired a GLock,Desert eagle, MP5, 12 gauge shotgun, .22 rifle and a ak47.

I hope to fire a COLT one day and maybe a Rocket launcher

But i agree shooting sports are a blast

P.4
    2.4ghz
    512 ram
    Geforce 4 Ti4800

XyZspineZyX
    Ooh, I've fired various handguns and mps, but never a full auto mp5, was it full auto?? anyways How does it feel if it was automatic?(i've fired the single shot version only, lotta fun). i've also never fired any rifle larger than .223 cal(5.56mm). How does the AK feel?

I've had alot of bad experiences with guns too, most recently i was practicing with a 410 shortbarreled pistol and well, my father nor i had oiled it recently. Its single action, so when i pulled the hammer back to **** it it went off because it wouldnt catch. Lucky i was pointing down range, or that thing would have torn some **** up.

Another incident occured about a week before last, I was practicing with a weighted S&W .22 plinkin pistol. It has to be atleast 30-35 years old, so after a couple shots it started spitting. It wasn't too bad, but the last shot i fired spit so bad it burned tiny holes in my skin and clothing.

Ah well, enough ranting.

<table style="filter:glow[color=blue, strength=5)">''Falc owns.''-Aesop,6th Century B.C. </table>

XyZspineZyX
    Cool! Glad you had a good time. Shooting is one of my favorite activities.. I'm always thrilled to see new people trying it.

I've owned and shot lots of different handguns and a good many rifles of different caliber.. and I've even had the pleasure of shooting a .50BMG twice.. But, I still enjoy shooting .22's the most. See if your dad can get ya one, or buy one yourself and have him get it for you. Make it a good one and it'll last you your whole life and beyond.. Many nice collections start with a .22 (or dozens of them! lol) and build up from there. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    When firing a MP5 on full auto, it tends do kick a bit up right... Nothing difficult to control though.. 8)

XyZspineZyX
    CaikFalkon wrote:
    - Ooh, I've fired various handguns and mps, but never a full auto mp5, was it full auto?? anyways How does it feel if it was automatic?(i've fired the single shot version only, lotta fun). i've also never fired any rifle larger than .223 cal(5.56mm). How does the AK feel?

MP5 shoots nice. Full auto kicks a bit more than single.. obviously, but it is less then the M16/M4 and no where near feel any loss of control. (Granted, different body / strenght may have better / worse results)

AK kicks more then the M16/M4.

"Brave Rifles!"

- Matt
    "The spirit of the Cav is reason enough to fight!"

XyZspineZyX
    my dads a hunting freak, so naturally he has a few dozen guns lol, ive fired most of them, but i think i like the .22 remington best

XyZspineZyX
    Got my first rifle at 10 years old (I'm 36 now). A Ruger 10/22. Awesome .22 rifle for fun and doesn't cost very much. I have a Beretta 92F now that I love and a Remington 870 shottie for skeet and hunting. My god-father has his gun dealer's license and I've fired many types of weps, but no full autos. My favorite military rifle was my Dad's M1 Garand. Very accurate with the iron sites and I just love that 'ting' when the clip pops up after it empties.

www.fao-team.com

Message Edited on 07/07/0303:55AM by FAO_FireDaddy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast