Thread: Donkey VIDEOS HD (how to, time savers, best routes...) | Forums

Donkey VIDEOS HD (how to, time savers, best routes...)

Hello everybody,

So this is the more organized place where you can find my Donkey videos.
    Despite the fact that many of them are top 10 times on IOS, (al least at the moment I made them), the main idea is to show time savers and how to deal with difficult obstacles.
    Once you learn to control it, you could do amazing thing with this little bike
    I'll upload videos daily, so check the list for update, or just subscribe on my Youtube.
    Any comment, suggestion or critic are welcome

Island Tracks

Challenge Pack 2

Challenge Pack 3

Tier 1 Tracks

Tier 2 Tracks

Tier 3 Tracks

Bunker Tracks

Winter Tracks

Halloween

KTM

AGENTS

RODEO

pVp

TREASURE HUNT

Xmas 2015

World 2

The Midnight Circuit

KTM Rally Challenge 2017

Easter Egg Hunt 2017

ChemicalD-TBR's Avatar Member
    Awesome man I take it this is a "beta" version until you get a reply from JollyCharly? It looks good already, having them organized this way is really great.

FatalDragon69's Avatar Senior Member
    I like it, a dedicated "DonkeyTube" Thread on the Frontier Forum, Great idea and well laid out, Nice one mate, it'll definitely be easier for people to find what they're looking for but is there any chance you'll be adding "NEW" next to the video links when you update the list, so we can tell which are the latest additions (or maybe just putting the date when each video was added might be better) Just a thought !?!?

Also, your last video.....The Bike sounds were a lot quieter than the Music, so much-so that I could hardly hear the Bike at-all !!

Originally Posted by FatalDragon69 Go to original post
    I like it, a dedicated "DonkeyTube" Thread on the Frontier Forum, Great idea and well laid out, Nice one mate, it'll definitely be easier for people to find what they're looking for but is there any chance you'll be adding "NEW" next to the video links when you update the list, so we can tell which are the latest additions (or maybe just putting the date when each video was added might be better) Just a thought !?!?

Also, your last video.....The Bike sounds were a lot quieter than the Music, so much-so that I could hardly hear the Bike at-all !!
    Sorry for the sound. It was recorded month ago, I don't have original file any more. I have a few more videos like this left in my computer ready for upload. The new ones is with better sound. By the way, if you can record Rite Passage with time saver performed well, I won't put music at all and it will be something like, "Rite Passage - special thanks to FatalDragon69"

No problem to put the dates, and I will post a new videos in other topic also, so you can check them.

By the way, any idea how to categorize new tracks? Lost Race Track for example, KTM event? Ferry tracks?

Originally Posted by ChemicalD Go to original post
    Awesome man I take it this is a "beta" version until you get a reply from JollyCharly? It looks good already, having them organized this way is really great.
    JollyCharly didn't respond yet, if they allow more videos in the post, version with spoilers is better.

Originally Posted by lesorsier Go to original post
    Sorry for the sound. It was recorded month ago, I don't have original file any more. I have a few more videos like this left in my computer ready for upload. The new ones is with better sound. By the way, if you can record Rite Passage with time saver performed well, I won't put music at all and it will be something like, "Rite Passage - special thanks to FatalDragon69"

No problem to put the dates, and I will post a new videos in other topic also, so you can check them.

By the way, any idea how to categorize new tracks? Lost Race Track for example, KTM event? Ferry tracks? .
    No probs mate, I thought it might be an old video as you mentioned it before about having some old ones that you were going to post but as for the Rite Passage run, I've tried recording on my phone before but it makes the game severely lag and unplayable so I gave up but I might look into it again when I upgrade my phone.

Also, Cheers for adding the dates and I'd categorise the new tracks as KTM tracks, makes sense to me, seeing as we got those 4 tracks from each week of that event.

!! Keep Up the Great Work Mate.....Enjoy !!

I add them as KTM for now.

As regarding recording, it is not the software problem. You need powerful router able to stream HD videos and powerful phone or tablet able to process and send all those streaming data. Close all apps that are using internet, facebook especially, Check wifi channels with some Wifi scanner for interferences, change the channel if you see lot of routers on the same channel, and be close to the router.
    And in perfect scenario you will still experience some frame drop, it means you will play with less frames, and yes it is harder to play when you are streaming.

I will add The Refinery today, with that tricky jump in the middle...

I add them as KTM for now.

As regarding recording, it is not the software problem. You need powerful router able to stream HD videos and powerful phone or tablet able to process and send all those streaming data. Close all apps that are using internet, facebook especially, Check wifi channels with some Wifi scanner for interferences, change the channel if you see lot of routers on the same channel, and be close to the router.
    And in perfect scenario you will still experience some frame drop, it means you will play with less frames, and yes it is harder to play when you are streaming.

I will add The Refinery today, with that tricky jump in the middle...
    Yeah, I had done all that you said by closing all apps etc. (that's what I always do before playing Frontier) and I don't use Facebook at-all, my router is pretty good but I'm not sure exactly how good it is, I'm usually getting about 8Mbps when I'm connected via WiFi and I'm always close enough to it so that I have Full Bars Reception while I play, I also understand that there will always be a slight drop in frame rate when recording/streaming but what I was getting was crazy slow.....It was more like slow-motion !! (lol)

I play on an Un-Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.1 which I got told is plenty good enough to do the job, so with all that in mind, the only thing that can be causing the problem is my router as I haven't ever checked for any interference like you mentioned plus, as I said, I'm not exactly sure how good it is and if it can handle streaming HD good enough for what I wanted.....So Thanks for the info, I'll look into it again when I get a bit of spare cash, in-case I need to get a better one, then I might be able to record some of my own runs at some point.....They won't be anywhere near as good as yours though, I'd like to think that my skill level is above average, I've only been playing Trials for a year but I'm learning new stuff all the time and getting better every day !!

!! Thanks Again Mate.....Keep Up the Great Work !!

I forgot to mention, average home router can handle up to 15 wifi clients connected to it. Every client take some processing time from router. It means, disconnect everybody. Family, friends, neighbors etc... I have Mikrotik with 150Mbit wifi, but it is professional router made for heavy traffic. D-Link access point with just iPad and computer connected to it do the same job.

I am not sure for S4, it is a bit old Samsung phone, google for it, as this can be the problem also.

I forgot to mention, average home router can handle up to 15 wifi clients connected to it. Every client take some processing time from router. It means, disconnect everybody. Family, friends, neighbors etc... I have Mikrotik with 150Mbit wifi, but it is professional router made for heavy traffic. D-Link access point with just iPad and computer connected to it do the same job.

I am not sure for S4, it is a bit old Samsung phone, google for it, as this can be the problem also.
    I'm the only one that uses WiFi here so I know that's not the problem and as for the Galaxy S4.....It's 2yrs old now but still regarded as one of the best phones to come out, it has enough RAM, Processing Power and Free Memory to handle it, so I guess it has to be my router !!