Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone wanna give a synopsis of the demo? | Forums

For those of us who don't want to spoil the "feel" of the game and aren't downloading the demo, but we still want to keep up...

Can anyone just say WHAT you did in the demo, what VIDEOS there are, maybe give a summary of the journals, that sort of thing...

Any information would be cool!

For those of us who don't want to spoil the "feel" of the game and aren't downloading the demo, but we still want to keep up...

Can anyone just say WHAT you did in the demo, what VIDEOS there are, maybe give a summary of the journals, that sort of thing...

Any information would be cool!

Perhaps The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Sure EMS!

The demo takes place in Atrus' office (also the same room as the bed we saw on the screenshots). You can walk out to the balcony for a little nice view of Tomahna. It's night, and the moon is partly hidden be the moving clouds. The trees and water are moving, very beautiful There is also a broken bridge (of course - it's myst. What would myst be without broken bridges and broken handles?) behind the office leading to the plant labs.

You can click at almost everything to hear what it sounds like. There were some bottles which you culd click on, and a realistic sound played.

There are a letter from Atrus to Catherine on next to the bed and a Journal from Haven on the writing desk.

The letter says:

"Catherine my love,
    We must be united in this.
    Can you find it in your heart
    to listen and forgive?

For I cannot be strong in this alone.

Atrus"

You can click on the lamps to light the room up a bit, it's very neat.

There is some type of a fireplace in the room as well. When you crouch in to it, the computer automaticly grabs an amulet (never heard of before ) and it begins to flash. When you click the amulet in the fireplace you see the video of Yeesha running from someone (Sirrus or Achenar?). You could click the amulet at five places in the demo.

You can use the amulet at the Haven journal to hear Atrus himself read it. You have to grab the pages and move the mouse to turn the pages, very realistic!

There are two places where Catherines voice appears when the amulet is used. The voice is not Rengin Altai's nor Maria Galante's.

There was a puzzle inside the fireplace (took a while before I discovered the logic behind it , but if you solve it, an elevator takes you down to the linking chamber. When you pull a handle down in the cave, the demo ends.

That would do...
    Do you want more information?

Orre88

[This message was edited by Orre88 on Tue August 10 2004 at 06:10 AM.]
    Oscar
    ------------------------------
    For those of you who have wondered; there are NO polar bears walking on the streets in Sweden, nor is there penguins.

Nice job Orre88! I felt like I had typed "/look"!!

And anyone who gets that needs to stop playing old text based adventure games

Daniel from Atrus Shard.
    Daniel from Atrus Shard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Orre88:
    Sure EMS!

The demo takes place in Atrus' office (also the same room as the bed we saw on the screenshots). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this "room with the bed" is actually Atrus' and Catherine's BEDroom and not an office!

Grehn

Yeah, that's right. But the description for the demo says "the demo lets the player explore Atrus office..." But of course it is the bedroom.

Orre88
    Oscar
    ------------------------------
    For those of you who have wondered; there are NO polar bears walking on the streets in Sweden, nor is there penguins.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elbasunu:
    Nice job Orre88! I felt like I had typed "/look"!!

And anyone who gets that needs to stop playing old text based adventure games

Daniel from Atrus Shard.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! HHGTTG rules!

Paula (Pa'lua in Cavern)
    "I'm confused.......no wait, maybe I'm not"
    Paula (Pa'lua in Cavern)

Cool! Thanks Orre! Very helpful. So Catherine IS here! Goody!

Well very much looking forward to the full release.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And anyone who gets that needs to stop playing old text based adventure games <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm not sure what HHGTTG means, but we LOVE text adventures!

Perhaps The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written...

Oh you young thing you! It's Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Paula (Pa'lua in Cavern)
    Paula (Pa'lua in Cavern)

Play it for yourself here.

---------
    The medium is the message.
    The content is the audience.
    ---------
    GoG: 54353 Tapestry: 284201