Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Ranked Matchmaking Changes - Maintenance Complete | Forums

Upcoming Ranked Matchmaking Changes - Maintenance Complete

Hello everyone,

We will be tweaking the Ranked Matchmaking in order to improve the experience for you. To do so, we have changed the relaxation parameters for ‘Skill Rank’ so that you are matched with players closer to your rank. This will be deployed during a maintenance on Wednesday February 24th:

The maintenance will take place on all platforms on February 24th from 4:00 AM EST to 4:30 AM EST.

The situation before this update: Relaxation is currently occurring too quickly, with big ‘Skill Rank’ relaxation increments, with no maximum differential between teams. This means that high skill teams could get matched up against much lesser skilled teams.

New situation after this update: Relaxation will occur quicker, but with smaller increments and with a maximum differential cap between teams. This means that you could see an increase in matchmaking queue times, but the match up will be better balanced and of better quality.

Thank you for your understanding. Please share your experience with us after this update to tell us if you feel it has improved.

*UPDATE - The maintenance is now completed. Thank you for your patience*

- The Rainbow Six Development Team
    Last edited by Ubi_Jax; 02-24-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't know why this is necessary? If anything let us build a custom class... I paid for a season pass which so far hasn't given me anything which other people couldn't also get...

Quote Originally Posted by The0utcold View Post
    I don't know why this is necessary?
    so you cant see the advantage of playing against teams with similar skill level instead of way better or vice versa?
    quite simple: way better game experience for all players

I paid for a season pass which so far hasn't given me anything which other people couldn't also get...
    and still you got everything advertised, if you're not satisfied with that maybe you shouldnt have bought it

I don't know why this is necessary? If anything let us build a custom class... I paid for a season pass which so far hasn't given me anything which other people couldn't also get...
    Did you even try to read and understand the OP at all?

Ontopic:

Sounds great. Longer MM times is of course a downside, but maybe it'll help more players to stay ingame instead of ragequitting after they get shot. Balanced games are way more fun anyway...

Banned
    I wasnt aware of this being an issue, as a plat 3 i would estimate 75% of my opponents are plat-diamond and the rest are typically gold. Once in a while I see some of the lower ranks pop up, but usually that's only really late at night when fewer people are playing.

Wait times are long enough as it is, I'm opposed to anything that increases this further.

When will you fix personal ranks not increasing/decreasing glitch?

Great!
    Thanks.

What about the ranked bugs? I can't remember the day where it was supposed to be when you win a game in bronze 4 you would drop to copper 2... Will these be fixed with the patch as well?

I don't even play Ranked Games because your hit detection is ****ING AWFUL! I have loads of game clips of said ********! There is other more important things you should be fixing instead of this! You're aware that you made a First Person Shooter and you ****ed up the first person shooting part? I would spend most of my time working on that! This game gets worse and worse every time you play it, get your **** together!

Hit detection has been fine since 2.1. Not perfect but good enough. I'd love to see post 2.1 gameplay videos you have that lend any legitimacy to the sad little tantrum you just had. Go ahead and link them, I'll wait.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast