Thread: SERIOUS PROBLEM!!! MIGHT BE 1.3!! | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    alright, i'll install RvS, patch it up with the 1.0-1.3 patch, then play and it'll be fine. once i exit the game, and it seems to happen after the screensaver has come up, i'll go back into the game, everything's cool, and then i click multiplayer. after i click it, a blue screen flashes so fast that i can't read it (it seems to just be a bunch of numbers) and my comp just reboots on it's own. i come back in to Windows xp pro corp. edition and a error message comes up saying "windows has to close, blah blah blah". now windows doesn't actually close, but alot of programs are messed up and won't even work. every time all this happens, i have to format my hd and reinstall everything just to get the windows problems to go away.

so if i want to play RvS, i have to reinstall every time i want to get on multiplayer just so my comp doesn't crash. i've formatted twice in the last 2 days and it is a real hassle downloading all my old stuff, putting the backups back on the comp, and so on. i've never had this problem before 1.3 and i'm pretty sure that that's what it is. here are my system specs...

ECS K7S5A motherboard (yeah i know it sucks)
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    756mb of DDRAM
    Radeon 7500 vid card
    10/100 Netgear Ethernet card
    2 Hard drives (one is 6 gig and other is 4 gig)
    1 CD-ROM and 1 CD-RW
    and the rest is onboard...

anybody know what this is???
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    alright, i'll install RvS, patch it up with the 1.0-1.3 patch, then play and it'll be fine. once i exit the game, and it seems to happen after the screensaver has come up, i'll go back into the game, everything's cool, and then i click multiplayer. after i click it, a blue screen flashes so fast that i can't read it (it seems to just be a bunch of numbers) and my comp just reboots on it's own. i come back in to Windows xp pro corp. edition and a error message comes up saying "windows has to close, blah blah blah". now windows doesn't actually close, but alot of programs are messed up and won't even work. every time all this happens, i have to format my hd and reinstall everything just to get the windows problems to go away.

so if i want to play RvS, i have to reinstall every time i want to get on multiplayer just so my comp doesn't crash. i've formatted twice in the last 2 days and it is a real hassle downloading all my old stuff, putting the backups back on the comp, and so on. i've never had this problem before 1.3 and i'm pretty sure that that's what it is. here are my system specs...

ECS K7S5A motherboard (yeah i know it sucks)
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    756mb of DDRAM
    Radeon 7500 vid card
    10/100 Netgear Ethernet card
    2 Hard drives (one is 6 gig and other is 4 gig)
    1 CD-ROM and 1 CD-RW
    and the rest is onboard...

anybody know what this is???

XyZspineZyX
    Maybe you downloaded the patch from an 'insacure' site/location and you got a virus...

XyZspineZyX
    Damn, that really sucks [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif[/img] . Good luck trying to fix it [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif[/img] .

XyZspineZyX
    Have you tested you HDD for a possible bad sector? I know it sounds far fetched, but you never know. Also the virus suggestion may be it too.

Good Hunting!

XyZspineZyX
    Virus check from symantec site(norton antivirus)

http://securityresponse.symantec.com

click the icon on their site [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

http://www.saduk.com