Thread: Your favorite(s) and/or most hated NPC(s) of this game | Forums

Question Your favorite(s) and/or most hated NPC(s) of this game

The title speak for itself i think, so here are mine, feel free to write yours if you want to

-most favorite -NPCs -

- Ville jorgensen - arctic merchant who must drink too much coffee - Why ? i don't really know, i just like him XD btw i wonder what happened to his grandmother Tilda hope she made her dream come true ...
    - Eleanor aufwegen - Ibara fox-com's research responsible - i like her character, she must run on caffeine tough ... :/ give her a certain ARK's ia and she won't care about you anymore (damn you >_<)
    - Luca volodin - Usoyev's consultant - he may look bad, but in fact even when your company is better than his, he doesn't THREATEN YOU VIA HIS LINES (yea some of them get really mad, not him apparently, plus he saved my economy many times by giving me rdm money and giving me quests for credits, damn you i don't want graphite XD)
    - John rafferty - Loud Captain (prepare your earplugs) - he makes me think of someone in another game, can't figure out who it was ... welp, like him anyway

-hated-

- Drake - Forever an ******* on the moon, killing people, orbital watch's leader ( - Do i need to state the obvious ?
    - Emem Buhari - Saymaan's foereign's business's responsible - he may seems nice, but when your company gets bigger than his, you're gonna understand why i hate him via his new lines
    - Aidan Bhargava - cassian industry's CEO's assistant - threatens you sometimes :/ his quests often makes you think he threatens you, but when he need you to dig out asteroids on the moon ? THEN he get nice of course, you double-headed snake ! XD
    - mysterious woman - such mysteries - too much secret for me, don't like when things are hidden from meh, plus she gives shady mission ='(

here, that's all, feel free to flame if you're here to
    or be smart and answer and give your opinion about it (that would be better, no? cause after all you're not here to waste your time i think

I'm somehow drawn to May Tian. She seems to have a powerful personality. There's also Anthony Goodwin - I know it's just the same voice actor, but I can't help but want to imagine that Rufus Thorne found a way live a very long time. I always liked his character.

And then of course there's Trechcoat. You can't forget about Trechcoat.

Trenchcoat ... ='( ...
    don't worry old man, your ship will live on with meh ;_;
    BTW scratch Luca,, after doing an artic quest linked with him, i discovered he's an ******* who keep lying to the doctor and who's letting ME do all the dirty work, you filthy liar, hope i can destroy the platforms and ban you from my sector, i don't wanna lie ='(

Even in his holographic form, speaking from beyond the grave, Trenchcoat is more alive and welcome, than all the new NPCs combined - overly pompous, nagging, but totally impotent crowd, some not even remotely credible (a black African guy sounding like G. W. Bush? Must have been a really unusual life story of his. Just compare him with SMAC's CEO Nwabu****
    Morgan, to see awe inspiring difference).

What can they do to you? Absolutely nothing. Apart from the one-off sector projects and some quests which quickly lose importance, their relevance is naught. No diplomacy, no interaction, no nothing. As a consequence, I just can't take them seriously enough in order to blend them into a believable story. They're little else but a nuisance, and that is really sad. I may well be alone in the game world and not much would really change.

So, based on his legacy, Trenchcoat +
    Everybody else -

Yeah I have to agree with sauluxville somewhat, the new npc characters are just annoying they don't effect game play at all and I feel very detached from them it's not like in 2070 where I knew which npc characters were friendly and which ones would always declare war on me.

Trenchcoat is the only NPC I really care about in this game and hes just a hologram
    and if i'm being really kind I could also say that Sam is ok since she does tell you about the game world and game play which I guess is helpful and Anthony Goodwin just because I secretly hope hes actually Rufus Thorn that froze himself when Global Trust went under and now controls global union or w/e its called under a new name that would be kinda interesting I think, but yeah all the rest are just a pain...and that moon guy Drake hes the worst...hes suppose to be the games main bad guy and I literally don't feel threatened by him whatsoever hes like Team Rocket from Pokemon...just a joke of a bad guy that sits doing nothing in his ship at the edge of your sectors...why in gods name can we not go blast him to bits and mail him back to the moon.

Trenchcoat is by far my most favorite character maybe because I loved him in Anno 2070. I couldn't wait for his majesty to sail his huge ship in the region so I could check what new items he had to offer.

My least favorite? Drake.

I can't help thinking that Virgil Drake was Draco Malfoy (or even Lucius Malfoy) in another universe - he is a puppy with delusions of big-dog hood. It's why I enjoy dismantling his fleet in the crisis sector at every opportunity.

Poor May Tian - it's one thing to go to a new corporation just starting out; it's another to give birth to a company that is going to take you over. I want to keep HER around simply because she had NO idea that I was going to eat her AND her company for lunch...after all, I'm not Virgil.

Mysterious Woman - the cutout. Makes me wonder why she has such a hate on for Virgil - is she (egad!) "Mrs. Virgil"?

Ville Jorgenson (Arctic sectors other than Varnha Plains) - the poor guy grinds AND brews his own coffee; reminds me of a younger me.

John Rafferty - runs the military end of things and ramrods my construction team. Obviously ex-navy (reminds me of Miles O'Brien from TNG/DS9).

Quote Originally Posted by PGHammer21AA View Post
    I can't help thinking that Virgil Drake was Draco Malfoy (or even Lucius Malfoy) in another universe - he is a puppy with delusions of big-dog hood. It's why I enjoy dismantling his fleet in the crisis sector at every opportunity.

Poor May Tian - it's one thing to go to a new corporation just starting out; it's another to give birth to a company that is going to take you over. I want to keep HER around simply because she had NO idea that I was going to eat her AND her company for lunch...after all, I'm not Virgil.

Mysterious Woman - the cutout. Makes me wonder why she has such a hate on for Virgil - is she (egad!) "Mrs. Virgil"?

Ville Jorgenson (Arctic sectors other than Varnha Plains) - the poor guy grinds AND brews his own coffee; reminds me of a younger me.

John Rafferty - runs the military end of things and ramrods my construction team. Obviously ex-navy (reminds me of Miles O'Brien from TNG/DS9).
    Completely agree with Rafferty, apart from his constant whineing that I'm not giving him enough work I don't mind the character.

Mysterious woman is by far the worst character IMHO. Middle-aged woman that tries to sound "Hip" and you always know she's upto no good but can't do a thing about it other than go along with it. I'd have spaced her the first time she bothered me.

Drake is another character that annoys and doesn't make much sense .. You're telling me he's decended from the original 2100era moon colonists that come back in 2205 to threaten me in ....Naval combat? Excuse me, what naval training would they have to come close to building ships as good as ours ? That and you never see / hear of any other moon cities other than yours. I always get the feeling that there isn't anything on luna other than my people.

I like Sam most of all, she's the only one that sounds decent and helps you .. not only that but the only one you get to see most of to have a bit of a personality! Not too keen on the rest, save trenchcoat but then he's already gone

Quote Originally Posted by Superplush View Post
    Completely agree with Rafferty, apart from his constant whineing that I'm not giving him enough work I don't mind the character.

Mysterious woman is by far the worst character IMHO. Middle-aged woman that tries to sound "Hip" and you always know she's upto no good but can't do a thing about it other than go along with it. I'd have spaced her the first time she bothered me.

Drake is another character that annoys and doesn't make much sense .. You're telling me he's decended from the original 2100era moon colonists that come back in 2205 to threaten me in ....Naval combat? Excuse me, what naval training would they have to come close to building ships as good as ours ? That and you never see / hear of any other moon cities other than yours. I always get the feeling that there isn't anything on luna other than my people.

I like Sam most of all, she's the only one that sounds decent and helps you .. not only that but the only one you get to see most of to have a bit of a personality! Not too keen on the rest, save trenchcoat but then he's already gone
    MW is a cut-out, remember? Didn't you follow ANY of the backgrounder on her? Her entire mission is to hack into the servers of Virgil's base (and yours is to make sure she gets there - and gets out - in one physical piece). Still, she has a serious hate of Virgil - I'm mostly wondering why.

Virgil is likely a leftover from ANNO 2070 (lots of leftovers from there - this IS a sequel to that game, after all). He has a big fleet (several of them, apparently). However, the biggest weakness is that it's a fleet of ROBOTS - it's built off ALGORHYTHMS - it's unable to deal against a real human brain - why do you think you're finding it so ridiculously easy to make mince pie out of? That is, in fact, the OTHER reason I compared him to Lucius Malfoy - he talks tough, but he has ZERO idea what it's like to face real opposition - you, in other words.

She does - which is why I actually pity her (she may represent the opposition; still, how much idea did she have that she was going to be the midwife to the Big Five's downfall - us?).
    Virgil is actually SUPPOSED to be annoying; he IS, after all, the only NPC that is a real villain;that is why I called him a "male Malfoy" He hates the Big Five as much as hates us (the players); however, he knows less - FAR less - about us as he does about the Big Five.
    Trenchcoat is - literally - THE ghost of Anno Past; we run into him at Wildwater Bay. (Even better, the Bay was free DLC.)
    I'm literally JUST sinking my teeth into Vanha Plains (Tundra) and ADAM (Orbit); both came with my purchase of the Season Pass yesterday.
    Haven't tackled Frontiers yet.