Thread: BVR fighting 202 | Forums

If you have greater F-Pole then your adversary and your missile strikes home...

You win! [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

Known as Stinger in a past Flanker exisitence...

Known as "Stinger" in a past Flanker existence.
    Eagle Dynamics Beta Team
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi Bahger,

I have no problems seeing the range scale on the MFD... is your monitor setting too dark maybe?

There is a complete and more accurate range scale on the HUD though. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

Left sidebar is the range scale with maximum range number at the top and then the increments along the side which are easy to figure out. This range will change as you adjust the range distance.

The target symbol(3 dots or the triangle) moves down the HUD as the range decreases and you can get the exact range by seeing where on the HUD scale the target is located... ie, draw a line across from the target to the HUD scale.

Hope this helps!

BTW.. all the MFD is really good for is the radar antenna position. The HUD has everything else you need.

Eagle Dynamics Beta Team

Hi,

Wait for the "NP" or "LA" cue to appear telling you are in range to fire. The scale on the left side of the HUD has 2 solid thick tic marks... they are minimum and maximum range for that missile. The arrow moving down the side of it is the current range of the locked target. Once the arrow gets to the top tic mark you get the shoot cue and can fire.

You can't shoot a missile in the Russian jets until you are in range using the radar or EOS.

Eagle Dynamics Beta Team