Thread: How do you turn off "stand in" objects? | Forums

Whenever I place vegetation, or certain environmental objects (ie, rocks), the sandbox editor shows the objects closest to me just fine, but the objects further away are displayed as light-brown rectangles. Generally speaking, I don't have anything against light-brown rectangles, but it is annoying. When I switch to game mode, they are still there. Is there anyway to turn off this feature? See images below.

Thanks!

Insert clever signature here...

Whenever I place vegetation, or certain environmental objects (ie, rocks), the sandbox editor shows the objects closest to me just fine, but the objects further away are displayed as light-brown rectangles. Generally speaking, I don't have anything against light-brown rectangles, but it is annoying. When I switch to game mode, they are still there. Is there anyway to turn off this feature? See images below.

Thanks!

Insert clever signature here...

I suspect you need to Generate Surface Texture (File menu).

aka Tim Partlett

Go ïn the properties for the certain vegetation and alter the spiredistratio and maxviewdistration from 1 to 3-500 or so....should prove sufficient

------------------------------------------
    Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity

Mangapork-"the CryEditor makes me mess my pants."

Thank you antistar_ ! That was exactly what I needed to do.

(I didn't pick that up from reading the manual initially. I originally thought that Generate Surface Texture was just for applying the overall, grass/sand layer to the ground itself.)

Thanks again.

No problem, and I shall add this to the manual especially for you .

aka Tim Partlett

It simply means it hasn't loaded the sprite image. A reload of the map will fix the problem, which is what Generate Surface does anyway, but it's probably quicker the just reload.