January 2016 Priority - Fixing Top Issues
We are aware that some players experience issues, and today we would like to provide visibility on our plan of action.
The development team’s top priority in January are to fix:
- Error 41 – Most recurrent PvP connection error
- Extended matchmaking connection time - Irregularly long loading time for some players (especially in Ranked).
- Failed data synchronization - Failed data screen resulting, in some cases, to no renown being issued at the end of a match.
- Loading screen freeze (smoke background) - Some players get stuck in a screen when loading a match.
- Game exploit in which Defenders are able to go outside during the preparation phase (bypassing the red wall).
- Party of 4 Matchmaking - Some users experience much longer matchmaking times if they try to matchmaking with a party of 4 players.
In order to stay up to date with the latest progress, you can now refer to the Top Priorities and Known Issues post, which has been updated with a new section that contains an overview of the top issues we are working on, with as much information as possible about them and the steps we are taking in order to fix it. This new section of the Known Issues post will also contain an estimation for the next communication update as well as the next title update.
During January, we will be submitting two patches.
Both of these patches will first be released on PC (faster deployment process) in order to test the impact the fixes have and adjust if needed and then deploy the updates at a larger scale (all platforms).
- Estimated deployment on PC: January 7th
- Estimated deployment on all Consoles: January 14th
- Note that already, we can tell that patch 1.2 will not fix all of the top connection issues (full patch note to be released when it goes live on PC), but we are actively working on fixing these issues as soon as possible.
- Estimated deployment on PC: Mid-January
- Estimated deployment on all Consoles: End of January
Update 2.0 (Season 1)
Thank you for your patience and all the invaluable feedback you’ve been providing.
Keep sharing issues encountered, feedback and good experiences as this helps us better shape the future of Rainbow Six Siege!