View Poll Results: Did you like the news?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best news in a long time!

57 44.88%
  • I am cautiously optimistic

45 35.43%
  • Nah, I want another AC in 2016

18 14.17%
  • Really disappointing news

7 5.51%
Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor 2017 AC Game A Total Revamp Set in Egypt | Forums

Response from Aymar in the AMA for my questions

1. Hi Aymar, Appreciate taking your time to talk to us
    With many good open world games coming out this year, the contest for the next AC game is tight your thoughts???

Ans:
    Man I started on ACII and we were released among Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2 etc...
    It's good for gamers, and it pushes us to improve even more. I mean, if you look at MGSV, Zelda, future Red Dead 2 there are so many great games to learn from (which means, I will play them and say I am doing researches ).
    We welcome more good games, and whenever we will release, we will be ready for the competition, so in a nutshell... BRING IT ON

2. a tricky question, what do you think fans will love in the next AC game , the most?

Ans: The setting and historical characters

Loved the confidence in his answers the reddit thread had other great answers, do check it out.

Oooo a hint perhaps?

Will we see either or both a return of a modern day protagonist and a strong modern day atory line.

Answer: "

Quote Originally Posted by RVSage View Post
    @LoyalACFan It's okay, as long as the game is good, which I hope it is, it will sell no doubt. RDR2 is still a unknown quantity, not much of it is known in terms of gamelay/world/release date yet. And Shadow of War, looks improved but looks recycled at the same time, AC Empire needs to advertise it's freshness , bring something new to the table
    RDR2 is sort of unstoppable though. We've gotten one 45-second trailer and some promo art, and the hype is already insane. Even if the game reviews poorly (which it almost certainly won't) Rockstar is basically going to be competing with itself for the biggest video game launch since GTA V. Granted, despite some nominal structural similarities, AC and RDR are very different games, so it's not like it will be a death blow to AC by any means. But when combined with the release of SoW (a much more similar genre to AC) just a few months earlier, barring delays, it's a precarious spot for AC to make its triumphant return.

Man, I hope Ubi wasn't planning to release another Call of Juarez this fall Now THAT would be absolutely steamrolled by Red Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ze_topazio View Post
    SoW is no Star Wars, AC is a much larger behemoth than SoW, SoW is the one that may suffer next to the new AC, especially if that new AC turns out to be critically acclaimed.
    I dunno, AC has a lot of baggage at the moment. The core fanbase is mostly still there, but outside of our little sphere of influence here on the forums, AC still hasn't recovered from the devastating Unity fiasco. I think our little fanbase might not fully grasp just how crushing that game was to popular perception of the brand. It really will help that they took a year off to regroup, but the Mordor games still have that "new car smell" right now, and that's a hard thing for a series like AC (rapidly approaching its tenth major installment) to compete with.
    Last edited by LoyalACFan; 03-22-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Aymar's answer to the question about what we the fans would like most about the next game was the setting and historical characters. Since we don't know much about ancient Egyptians, what if Osiris (mentioned in Watchdogs 2)and Empire were just red herrings sent out by Ubisoft. I know Kotaku verified the leaks and they are usually spot on with Ubisoft leaks but I'm just taking a shot in the dark and saying "what if." I think it wouldn't be a bad tactic to use in order to hit us with a huge shock as to location and characters for the next game in the official reveal.

On a side note I do think our next modern day protagonist will come from the comics since they are choosing to end the Phoenix Project arc in the comics. We've already seen that ball start to roll in the movie with that last scene.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalACFan View Post
    RDR2 is sort of unstoppable though. We've gotten one 45-second trailer and some promo art, and the hype is already insane. Even if the game reviews poorly (which it almost certainly won't) Rockstar is basically going to be competing with itself for the biggest video game launch since GTA V. Granted, despite some nominal structural similarities, AC and RDR are very different games, so it's not like it will be a death blow to AC by any means. But when combined with the release of SoW (a much more similar genre to AC) just a few months earlier, barring delays, it's a precarious spot for AC to make its triumphant return.

Man, I hope Ubi wasn't planning to release another Call of Juarez this fall Now THAT would be absolutely steamrolled by Red Dead.
    and RDR2 is only a PS4 and Xbox one release as of now, while AC will cover PC as well, and given Ubi supporting nintendo maybe even on the switch, An Anvil game , steep is already coming to switch . So there is that

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBloodedVet View Post
    Aymar's answer to the question about what we the fans would like most about the next game was the setting and historical characters. Since we don't know much about ancient Egyptians.
    What makes you say that? We actually know quite a bit about the Ancient Egyptians thanks to primary sources and archeology. Especially in the New Kingdom and (as I suspect) Ptolemaic Egypt where it's fair to say historians have a pretty complex and detailed picture.

The only period we don't know much about is the Old Kingdom and especially the Pre-Dynastic period, but I seriously doubt they'll set the game that far back.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBloodedVet View Post
    Aymar's answer to the question about what we the fans would like most about the next game was the setting and historical characters. Since we don't know much about ancient Egyptians, what if Osiris (mentioned in Watchdogs 2)and Empire were just red herrings sent out by Ubisoft. I know Kotaku verified the leaks and they are usually spot on with Ubisoft leaks but I'm just taking a shot in the dark and saying "what if." I think it wouldn't be a bad tactic to use in order to hit us with a huge shock as to location and characters for the next game in the official reveal.
    Gotta disagree, not only would it be bad from Ubisoft's perspective, because you risk people becoming too invested in the fake setting, but you also waste a big amount of hype on the wrong setting. Also, I can not think of any really interesting setting that would shock us in a positive sense so much as to justify misleading us all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helforsite View Post
    Gotta disagree, not only would it be bad from Ubisoft's perspective, because you risk people becoming too invested in the fake setting, but you also waste a big amount of hype on the wrong setting. Also, I can not think of any really interesting setting that would shock us in a positive sense so much as to justify misleading us all this time.
    Feudal Japan would be the best received outside of Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome trilogy. Just my thought, but people who aren't as hardcore don't know about Empire yet, and think that setting would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma 1313 View Post
    Feudal Japan would be the best received outside of Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome trilogy. Just my thought, but people who aren't as hardcore don't know about Empire yet, and think that setting would be good.
    This is actually what I was thinking about. I think Feudal Japan would be received just as well as Ancient Egypt but I also see the point that @Helforsite made. We will see in time. I think I read somewhere that we would get some details in April from Ubisoft about the franchise but maybe I was dreaming that up.

Assassin's Creed Empire @ E32017

Looks like it is going to be called Empire afterall

Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast